1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MN Shooter Harold Ibach passed away.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Nov 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

I just got word that Harold passed away in his sleep Saturday night.

Harold, at the age of 83, was one of the nicest, most competitive shooters I have ever had the pleasure to shoot with. If I remember right, he was 75 when he made the 27 yd line. Good score, bad score, he was always upbeat and looked forward to the next time he could shoot. He shot on Saturday and took a Lewis class at Mpls. Gun Club. He will be missed by many.

Godspeed Harold and my deepest sympathy to family and friends.

Jim W

2. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I shot on Harold's squad on Saturday and am shocked at the news. Harold
    was a great guy and a pleasure to talk to and shoot with. I'm going to miss him.

John Podergois

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

They don't come any better than Harold. Always had a pleasant word to say. He will be missed. My symapthy to his family.

Rich R

4. MX-10RS

MX-10RS TS Member

Harold was a true gentleman and a pleasure to be around. Rest in Peace my friend.

George Gillett

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Disappointing. He was a staple. We'll miss Harold.

6. ataboy

ataboy TS Member

Harold's passing is a great loss to Minnesota Trapshooting. Harold always had time to stop and chat at any shoot and my wife and I always had pleasant conversations with Harold when he came to Winona to shoot. He was a wonderful man and he enjoyed trapshooting. He will be missed by all that knew him. From my wife and I to Harold's family, you have our prayers and our sympathy.

Glenn and Renae

7. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Man, this is really too bad.

He really was a good guy and I'll sure miss seeing him around too.

If anyone gets funeral info please post it.

8. Duluth Fatboy

Duluth Fatboy Banned User Banned

Harold will be missed by all of his friends. He was a great Man. I'm sure he is watching from the heavens. Good bye my friend. George Pappas

9. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

What a nice way to go. Shoot and then pass peacfully in your sleep. Sounds like he was a very good man

10. Golani

Golani TS Member

Harold was a wonderful man. A true gentleman. We will all miss him very much. He had a very distinctive target call and I smiled whenever I heard it because I knew Harold was nearby.

I believe he spent a great deal of time caring for a very frail wife and son. Is there anything that his many friends and admirers can do to help them? Perhaps someone who knows his family could help direct us in this effort. I would be eager to contribute to the cause and I think many others would as well.

Rest in peace, Harold, and God bless you.

Charlie Leavitt

11. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Not many folks had the grasp on life's ways as Harold did. That he lost it is normal. But he lives on with us and will for a long time. What a nice guy.

I watched him button up his stuff a bit early on Saturday, put his gun away and I commented to him that he was "done a bit early". Usually that prompted him to congeniality that he was known for. Not Saturday. He just nodded in acknowledgement and moved on. I'll sure remember that for a long while. See you soon Harold.

12. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Harold was a true gentleman and he always had time to visit. Another of the good guys shooting now on God's team. Glenn

13. below 0

below 0 TS Member

Never heard a unkind word or profanity from Harold. He always had time to stop and chat with you whenever or wherever you were. So-long Pal...Dale Otis

14. bas

bas Member

My first memories of Harold go way back to when I started shooting with the 3M Trap and Skeet league. After moving to GA I would see Harold in AZ shooting the Spring Grand. That continued for many years until the last few when he stopped attending. You couldn't help but like Harold...quiet, but always willing to chat. Those of you who knew him will remember this..."I finally figured out what I was doing wrong".

He will be missed. Roger and I have thought of him often and will continue to do so.

Roger and Betty

15. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Harold Ibach

Retired from 3M, age 83, of White Bear Lake. Passed away unexpectedly on November 8, 2009. Survived by wife Margaret; son John; sister Shirley Marcus; extended family and friends.

Memorial service Friday 11/13/09 at 2:00 PM at ARLINGTON HILLS LUTHERAN CHURCH, 1115 Green-brier Avenue. Private interment Fort Snelling National Cemetery. 651-777-2600.

16. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Harold was always interested in his placement on the many state teams he was on and would call me mid-November and get the news. Often, state team competitors skip the challenging days, unwilling to risk an average for a potential event win. But Harold never, never did that and would shoot in the wind, rain, or cold and let the chips fall where they might. I always thought that he was the personification of shooting sportsman and sportsmanship and he will be missed in Minnesota at the small shoots, the big shoots, and jackpot shoots he so faithfully supported for so long. Goodbye, Harold, it was great to know you.

Neil

17. sle081

sle081 Member

It was always a pleasure to see Harold at the shoots,He always had a wave and a smile and a "How ya been shootin Dave" HE will be missed for sure and for certain
    Dave Gilberg

18. dward

dward Member

It just amazed me the way Harold would always show up for our winter Jackpot shoots no matter how cold it was. What a wonderful man that will be so dearly missed! My heartfelt condolences to his family.

Dan Ward

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.