1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MN Permit to Carry person makes mistake?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mohave60, Oct 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mohave60

Mohave60 Member

I would support him.

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

An armed man had just assaulted someone, the ccw followed him to be able to tell police where the man went and was threatened himself while doing his civic duty, while in fear of his life he shot the felon. Case closed citizen of the year.

If some dipsticks want to put the citizen on trial it would be a good case for jury nullification.

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

tough case....needs to be worded VERY carefully....but i would support the guy

silverbullet put it perfectly.

4. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Good morning Tim.

I don't think you can rely on the "RED STAR" for facts. The police have said that he shot in self defense. They also arrested him. We'll see how this plays out and hopefully the "facts" will come out. I don't like the source but if it is correct and complete, (highly unlikely) it doesn't look good for him.

I hope your instructor also told you that "I need to speak to my attorney before questioning and I do not consent to any search".

Bob

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

He made a mistake and over-reacted. He'll probably pay for it.

6. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

It is all in the facts- no one knows what those are yet

Regards from Iowa

Gene

7. ColtM1911A1

ColtM1911A1 Member

I'm a Minnesota Personal Defense instructor (CCW), and until I see more facts on exactly what happened, I will withhold any final conclusion. Having said that, we d know a few things:

1) The attack on the woman was violent.

2) The "legal to carry man" had no time to evaluate how seriously she was injured; he reacted, right or wrong, and pursued the armed attacker.

3) The 53 year old woman is Injured, but will recover.

4) Her attacker, a 23 year old man armed man, is dead.

5) A confrontation of some sort happened between the attacker and the armed citizen who had witnessed the felonious crime. Criminal dead, citizen not injured.

6) The 23 year old criminal will never again attack someone at gunpoint.

7) The armed citizen has begun a wild ride through the justice system; it will be an expensive ride unless he receives some financial aid.

8) Most law abiding citizens will support the armed and also law abiding man.

9) Perhaps some criminals who read might be less inclined to attack a woman when other people are around, people who might defend her.

10) And now, from an instructors' point of view, the armed citizen did the wrong thing by pursuing the criminal. Going to the victim and aiding her and protecting her from further harm was the prudent thing to do. I'm glad he's all right, and I'm also glad another thug is permanently off the street, but the method of his removal appears legally in trouble.

We'll see what happens. If during his pursuit the man was attacked by the felon, well, we'll just have to wait and see what happens......

8. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

If he was confronted by the attacker after just following him, and shot him in self defense, he may be o.k. I hope that's what he told the police. If he tried to make a "citizen's arrest," and shot the guy because he tried to escape, he's in trouble.

9. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Silverbullet quote - "the ccw followed him to be able to tell police where the man went and was threatened himself while doing his civic duty, while in fear of his life he shot the felon."

There is nothing in the article that says that. Where do you get that information?

If anybody comes upon any follow-up articles please post links.

10. late bloomer

late bloomer TS Member

ANYONE interested in this issue should get a copy of "In The Gravest Extreme: The Role of the Firearm in Personal Protection" by Massad F. Ayoob. http://www.amazon.com/Gravest-Extreme-Firearm-Personal-Protection/ He even has a chapter titled "The Dangerous Myth of Citizen's Arrest." I believe that anyone with concealed carry potential should have this book. Like it or not, we are all subject to the laws of our community, nation, etc.

The poor soul made a mistake.

11. Codebrown

Codebrown TS Member

We all know that it ended correctly, given the printed facts. How it will play out with the prosecutor and grand jury will be interesting. If the felon was armed and made a threatening move, and the good citizen feared for his well being, then the outcome is justified. Thankfully, only one story will be told.

"An armed society is a polite society."

12. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

"If the felon was armed and made a threatening move, and the good citizen feared for his well being, then the outcome is justified."

And if the perp wasn't armed, nor made a threatening move?

13. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

"And if the perp wasn't armed, now made a threatening move."

He ain't here to tell about it.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Pansy ass Mrs Keet would have offered the perp counseling and a ride home.

15. Oscar Ray

Oscar Ray TS Member

The article said the CCW holder lead them to his gun, where another was found and believed to be the dead sh**heads gun. The ending was the right one, but now the CCW holder will get drug thru the wringer and right or wrong it is gonna cost him plenty.

Oscar

16. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Original article was updated last night. There was another gun found at the crime scene.

17. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

At first, I thought this thread was posted in the wrong catagory. However, it is - indeed - a "shooting related" thread. I feel sorry for the guy. He's in for some legal trouble..... I hope he gets cleared. Mike

18. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I tell folks in my carry class that it is better (and cheaper) to be a good witness.

I hope things work out for the armed citizen, but he will be financially drained. I sincerely hope it was worth it to him.

BETTER TO BE A GOOD WITNESS.

19. Codebrown

Codebrown TS Member

Mrs. Keet - HA - now that's funny!

20. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Coach, so if all ya are gonna be is a witness, why carry concealed in the first place. Hope ya are kidding.

GneJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.