1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

mlk day. what a great holiday

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by quartering, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quartering

quartering Active Member

especially if you're a federal, state or city employee. i worked today so you could have the day off. it's a beautiful day, isn't it?

2. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

I'm a city employee and worked today !!!

3. Reinz

Reinz Member

Well, I'm self employed and work at home. There is no such thing as a holiday.

I'll take a little cheese with with that whine! LOL!

4. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

I am a pseudo-Federal employee who had the MLK Day holiday off. As it is one of the 4 holidays observed by the United States Government, my employer chooses to honor it.

While I do not necessarily agree with the premise for such days off, myself, I really do need to ask you to do this : Explain in your "best logic" how your having to work the day was so I could have off.

I cannot wait for this one............

5. cbxchris

cbxchris Active Member

Maybe because the payroll tax he paid today funded your pay check? Just maybe?

6. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Any day the government takes off is a good day. At least they aren't dreaming up new ways to seperate you from your money.

Wish they would take a permanent vacation.

7. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

You suppose k80433SC's payroll tax helped fund his own paycheck?

How many ten-thousands of one cent from one persons payroll tax went into one Federal employees check anyway? LOL

What a moronic way to bitch about something! lol

8. otnot

otnot Active Member

I have to say that the speech the Martin Luther King gave, stands true true today if you substitute negreo for middle class today.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gk7fsEDMxuQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vI66Rgct3wA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Martin Luther King, Jr. said, "I have a dream."

Jesse Jackson says, "I have a scheme".

10. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Bin O, that what Obozo says too

11. 4evertrap

4evertrap Member

Four more and we could have had a week off....just an observation and surely I jest!

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

4evertrap, Your usual racist bullshit.

13. quartering

quartering Active Member

do i get a tax holiday on federal holidays? i don't want to have to pay for services that aren't being provided on holidays

14. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

maybe you are paying for the:

Military to include the Coast Guard (just a few that work in DOD year round.. to include civilian intelligence agencies like NSA, CIA, etc...)

Law enforcement to include CBP (includes border patrol, agriculture, etc..)

VA nurses, doctors, orderlies, aids, etc..

Air traffic controllers,

National parks, i.e., statue of liberty, grand canyon, etc...

Let's not forget DOE and the literal tons of radioactive materials and plants they guard, etc...

Secret Service and their protective details (no threatening comments need to be made, if one doesn't like a politician then one votes them out, one shouldn't make jokes or vague comments about assassination, it's not funny, it's not cool, and it should land one's ass in jail.)

and not to mention the billions of dollars spent on 'civilian contractors' to make improvements on military installations...

I was on Eglin AFB on veterans day and it was shutdown... However Saturday and Sunday contractors were dozing near the elementary school... Doubt they were working for straight time...

So you can be the half glass full guy or the whiner... Maybe the aforementioned to include the military should get 12 holidays off? Doubt anything bad would happen...

15. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Four days? what four? What happened to memorial bay, labor day. independence day, Thanks giving, Christmas, New years, Presidents day, and MLK. That's 8 where I went to school. I own my business and pay my employees for Memorial, labor, independence,thanksgiving,new years, and Christmas Day. They also get their Birthday off with out pay. One week paid vacation after a year, Two weeks after 5 years. I want to know who paying me for them? :)

16. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20120116/NEWS02/120116019/-1/HEADLINES01/King-Day-spurs-call-justice-

How they gonna cash their welfare checks if the TD Banks is closed?

17. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

quarting........come on, your joking right. lol

Gimme your address and I'll sent you 2ยข . That should cover your share for longer than your life time.

18. need to shoot more

need to shoot more Active Member

Yes Quarting I did have a day odd for MLK first time ever in 29 years in the work force, I am now a trades teacher I come into work 1/2 hr. early every morning and generally stay 1/2 hour after, not payed for and Sunday night is getting ready for the week. THANK YOU QUATERING

19. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

And when....I repeat WHEN.... are some of you knuckleheads going to realize and understand that the Postal Service is not (and has not) been taxpayer subsidized since the 1970s ?

Yes....you do buy our stamps and use our services. But NONE of what you pay in Federal income tax is applied to the operating budget of the Postal Service. We operate solely upon the sale of those stamps, Priority and Express mail, etc.

So - while some of you might have worked on MLK day, you did NOTHING in the form of taxes that paid for my day off as a letter carrier. And when postage goes up a penny on Sunday, your taxes will NOT increase as a result of it.

I have no problem with anyone bitching about something, so long as it is done with viable, factual information. But this "I hate the Post Office" attitude that has absolutely no fundamental founding is becoming quite tiring.

However - so long as there are those of you with heads in dark places, I will continue do my best to extract them for you.

20. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Where does the money come from that suppliments the losses of the postal service every year?

I've heard the claims that the postal service is self sustaining, yet it is reported they lose millions every year. I've also heard the Fed's rob the postal fund of $.

What are the facts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.