1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mixing Bio-degradable and normal targets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by iamtrapshooter, Jun 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamtrapshooter

iamtrapshooter TS Member

What is the problem with mixing targets? As long as they are all within the specified weights and measurements they should legal. What the target is made of is irrelevant to me. As long as the PITA and ATA allow both to be used, they should all be treated the same. The only difference I can see is that when they are hit, it is white dust instead of black. To cause less hassle I know one or the other should be used, but as a club trying to save money, I see no problem with it.

Am I alone on this one, or does anyone agree?

David Shriver

2. skeet100

skeet100 Member

When I am practicing I will put any and all I can find in the machine. If it throws a little different so be it. If it makes practice a little harder then I can be ready when I get to a field and the wind and variables are there. I like good regulation targets but I do not like winers. Throw em and lets hit em.

But I am a skeet shooter too, if that makes any difference.

My practice is to bear down and shoot it where it flies.

I have even put some white targets in and try to look at them so hard I can tell when the white one flies out.

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

You should be aware that they will probably differ in color slightly.

4. Bill60

Bill60 TS Member

I shot at a shoot last weekend and they mixed the targets the targets all flew the same. You couldn't tell the difference unless u smoked the target.

Some people complained about them but i didn't see why.

I prefer the normal targets tho, they look better when u crush them

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Good way to lose a lot of customers.

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Don't all orange targets appear to change shades when the sun goes behind a cloud? If you're paying too much attention to the shade of a target you're looking too hard at it. JMHO

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

It would be my preference to use the same target for all shooters in an ATA event. Mixing the targets might not make an actual difference but it certainly could produce a perceived difference.

I personally would be wondering if I would make black or white smoke from my next target. I suspect if I were thinking about this, I would not make either.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.