1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitt wins big? Reason speaks.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by mallard2, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Well, looks like they didn't think Newt the Kook could beat O.

2. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

That's funny,,,,,,he spends 5 times as much, yet didnt garner 5 times the vote,,,,,,Romney won't have the ad money advantage if he is the nominee,,,,,,,maybe we might need a candidate that can pass scrutiny of MOST Americans.......

3. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

I am still undecided. Don't count Newt out yet OR Santorum!

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Romney has a dedicated free army of young Church members doing his bidding, in every part of the country. And he will easily have enough money to compete with Obama.

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

So Romney BOUGHT Florida, If the people are gullible enuf' he may well BUY the Republican nomination? Do ya'll really think he has enuf' money to buy the fall election too? George Soros might think a Romney administration would be about as good as an Obama administration but where do you think that he and his wealthy "progressive" friends will be putting their MONEY?

John C. Saubak

6. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

I don't know if Romney bought the Florida primary, but Newt lost me with his proposal of a moon colony. I presume that with all the trips to the moon, they brought back enough rocks and data to know that there is nothing up there worth mining, or we would have already been doing so.

Even if the moon were used as platform for more distant space travel (less fuel, energy and expense to break the earth's gravitational pull) to launch from, where would we go? The Hubble telescope has shown there is nothing else out there that we could get to within 2 generations. Plus extended stays in zero gravity is hard on a human being's bones. Any spaceship that we could build assuming we had all of the oxygen, food and supplies on the moon, would have to have some type of a centrifugal chamber to create gravity for a space traveler's body. Our bodies were built to live in gravity. I think Newt's moon colony idea is pure science fiction.

John

7. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

He just talked about the moon colony for votes from unemployed aero-space workers in Florida. The smartest thing he (Newt) said was "why would you want the guy who lost to the guy who lost to Obummer??"

I'm with you old cowboy, Mitt is buying the election, but I think he will loose to soros and obummer -- ask Hilliary!!

The complete negativity of the candidates has me nauseous. The "PUKE" that all put forth shows, what we as a nation, have gravitated to. It's never "what I/we are going to do", it's what a lousy SOB the other guy is -- vote for me 'cause I'm not as lousy........merlyn

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Newt has made some statements that have hurt him, no doubt about it.

Obama thinks there's 57 states (with one more to go), thinks military personnel should pay for their own rehab for battle injuries, says islam is a peaceful religion, says the police acted stupidly when responding to a potential burglary in process at his pals house, says everything is Bushs' fault......so how bad is Newts statement?? Look at the idiot we now have.

Romney is avoiding the 2nd Amendment issue like the plague. So far NO public statement about your guns. He's just like Obama, in what he's NOT saying.

9. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

I don't think the church would condone "Young Church Members" pounding the pavement as church members for Mitt. I am LDS I will vote for Mitt, but I would really prefer Santorum, as I think most church members would. Most Mormons are gun owning conservatives. Just because Mitt is LDS doesn't mean he automatically gets the Mormon vote. Most of us that vote for him are holding our noses. I think he is the only one that can beat Obama. But I want Obama gone, so I have to vote for the one who has the best chance of beating him. Do I feel he is as liberal as most project? No, but I do worry. Even as late as a couple of weeks ago, I am less pro Mitt than I was. Tim

10. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Looks like I might get the chance to meet Rick Santorum tomorrow - he is going to tour one of my companies facilities no press). Should be interesting, I'm trying to think of something relevant to ask him ... any suggestions?

11. Itchyb

Itchyb TS Member

Santorum in Fallabama?

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I have always wondered about the statement, "he has the best chance to win" or "he is the only one who can beat him",,,,,,why???? Because the talking heads say so??? He couldn't beat one of the worst campaigners who lost to hussein in 2008,,,,,,why is this time different???

Just askin'

13. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Moon Colony was a code word attempt at NASA workers for their support.

Remember where NASA is located?

14. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

Bigdogtx: This is my personal opinion; The reason Mitt lost in 2008 was because of his religon. That is all they said about Mitt was he is a Mormon. I went to a Huckabee rally and half of it was "You Don't Want a Mormon for President". Let us go to the present: Newt has way to much baggage, I am Very Conservative and I would not vote for Newt. I don't care if he is the nominee, I won't vote for him. Santorum is to conservative for the moderates right now. And lets face it, the Moderates or Independents sway the election. If we get Mitt in with a Santorum or Rubio VP, then the next logical step would be his VP
    to go on to be Pres. Then America is moved slowly to the right where it belongs. Tim

15. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The more I listen to the Republican Candidates debate, the more nervous I get thinking that Obama could win again, unless of course my prayers get answered ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

16. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Thats right Itchy, right here in Fallabama. Seriously doubt he is worried about getting our votes (all 12K of them). Heck we are probably too conservative for him! Anyway thats about as much excitement as we ever get around the plant to say the least.

17. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Come on guys, he is the only pick of the litter.

Paul, too old and no negotiation ability

Newt, Washington insider for years, talks out both sides of his mouth, but, is a great debator matter of fact he is a Master- oh never mind.

Santorum, hell of a nice guy and would make a great VP.

18. over/under

over/under Member

Newt carried crakerville (per MSLSD,N FL).Is that a racist statement? Only depends on who says it. I wasted my vote yesterday, because I don't like Newt or Mitt. Mitt needs to rely on the independents to beat Hussein Obama in the general election. What Republican or conservative would vote for Hussein Obama over any of the Republican candidates? Anyone of them would be better than what we have now!

19. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Wolfram,

I have a suggestion of what to ask Rick Santorum when you see him tomorrow.

Ask him for me what is his position on user fees for Air Traffic Control services? I've e-mailed the Santorum, Gingrich & Romney campaigns websites with this question and haven't recieved replies from any of them.

John C. Saubak

20. slic lee

slic lee Active Member

deleted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.