1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitch Daniels

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by TALLEND, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

Just wondering how many outside Indiana has heard of Mitch Daniels??-----running for President..

He might be the man---he has the hardcore welfare,abortionists,and Dems pi**ed here in Indiana---------great start

Tom--in Indiana

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

I live in Illinosi and have heard of him. I listen to NPR and they've done some segments about him. He maybe our rising star!

3. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

Don't know allot about him but what I do know I like...We need quality people to keep throwing their hats in the ring...The more the better! There are many good possibilities out there...

4. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

The best guy in Indiana is Pence not Daniels.

5. Chilly

Chilly Member

I'd never vote for him. Ever since he leased the Turnpike to that group of investors it has become a mess.

6. Superdog1

Superdog1 TS Member

Mitch daniels has formed a great resume from deciept and lies. He has yet to tell an accurate account of any of his "accomplishments". I can point out several supposed "job producing warehouses and supply depots I (mitch Daniels) have worked hard to bring to Indiana" One is in central Indiana right alongside I65- A huge warehouse for Advanced Auto (automotive parts supplier) Mitch daniels has claimed 350 jobs created for this location alone. The building was built, but never even connected to the highway! It NEVER opened. It is still in his portfolio for creating 350 jobs. Another in Waveland Indiana he claims to have produced over 100 jobs. This is owned by a Family member and only employes ONE person. It is a large warehouse that serves his own trucking company. The warehouse only added ONE person to the payroll. Mitch Daniels is NOT one of the good guys.

7. below 0

below 0 TS Member

I like Jack Daniels...Odie

8. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Superdog1:

You're a big boy now, so sit down and brace yourself to hear a few shocking realities of adulthood:

1. Santa Clause doesn't come down your chimney.

2. The Tooth Fairy didn't leave that dollar under your pillow.

3. Government doesn't create real private sector jobs.

-Gary

9. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

I was listening to Mark Levin on Sirrius, Mitch Daniels raised the Business Tax in Indiana. I still like Herman Cain and Mark Rubio. Tim

10. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

GW22,

You are correct, government doesn't create private sector jobs, but various local and state government policies determine WHERE those jobs materialize...

Did you really read SUPERDOG'S post before responding so sarcastically?

CHILLY,

I am truly unaware of how the 'turn pike' being leased to foreign investors has turned things into a mess. Please explain. All I know is that Indiana financially is in the black and my property taxes have actually dropped under Mitch Daniels...

How many of the 50 states are currently facing bankruptcy and are relying on the federal government for a bail out?

How many states are currently in the black?

I truly don’t know other than it seems most states are currently operating in the red…. please prove me wrong, I honestly don’t want to see this great nations individual states going bankrupt!

If there is a mess with this business venture that Gov. Daniels proposed then all of us voters NEEDS to know the details of what you write....

GUNN,

Did Mitch truly raise the taxes on business or did enough of the statewide Republican and Democrat Congressmen and Representatives believe enough in the bill to send it to his desk where he did not veto?

Just asking, I don't know if he wrote the original proposal and forwarded to the house for someone to sponser a bill or not....

I am unfamiliar with the details of the business tax hike bill you speak of but on the surface it doesn't sound good. I would really like to know if it was his idea or if he let it slide through because of certain riders, etc..

11. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

noknock1 It is my understanding he wanted it, asked for it and got it. I am not from Indiana so it is only what I hear. But I have several Republican friends from Indiana, and they say he is really only popular with in a 100 miles of Indianapolis. They really think he is a RINO. Tim

12. Chilly

Chilly Member

noknock1... Travel the turnpike at least 2-3 times a year. Used to be fairly well maintained in the winter till it was leased out. This year needed to run up to Chicago and it had snowed. Not a snow plow in sight the entire trip. Snow was 3-4 inches deep in all lanes in places. The toll booths are totally automated now. Better carry a credit card because the machines I went through did not like money and better carry a variety of bills. Plus the machines have troubles reading the toll tickets. The day I was driving up all the booths were backup because of the problems with the automated machines. Took about 45 minutes to get through the toll booth. It also appears toll locations are not human manned at all. You had to push the help button to get through the toll stations and work with the someone on the speaker in order to pay the toll. I asked the individual why the could not get someone out here to fix these things and never really got a answer. Like a said, its a screwed up mess.

13. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Gunn, I do know that a number of Hoosiers got ticked when one of the first bills he pushed to get passed was switching us to daylight savings time (Eastern). A number of counties wanted to be central, oh the arguments that were made for us not to go Eastern, some of the funnier ones were that it would affect the swine and cattle births because the aforementioned would not eat correctly because we switched the clocks. My FIL swore the crops would suffer because they would lose an hour of daylight... WOW....

As far as him being a RINO, you be the judge and Google yourself.

1) Several pro-gun and hunting laws signed by Mitch.

2) Just signed bill to DE-FUND Planned Parenthoods for abortions.

3) Pushed for a property tax cap which lowered the tax on multiple properties statewide.

4) I cannot remember him granting clemency to convicts on death row. I do remember over the past few years multiple articles about anti-death penalty advocates being upset with him.

Those are some pretty strong positions on controversial issues. RINO??? Maybe, but with that voting record I will be voting for him...

CHILLY, I can't disagree with your statement. I travel the toll road half a dozen times a year, but I have an E-Z PASS so I have not had the painful experience of dealing with exact change. That does suck for those travelers who do not travel frequently enough on toll roads to justify the E-Z PASS which is now good in what at least 12 states or so.

Depending on how much of a hassle it is for you, you might consider opening an account. I believe it is something around an initial fee of $20.00 to open the account and then $1.00 a month fee to maintain pass. Then what you travel is paid by credit card or however you wish for it to be paid. And remember that is also good for the sky way and the toll roads around Chicago...

As far as snow plows, I did travel this past winter but I guess the timing was good because the roads were plowed. The interstates down here around Indy suck in the winter!!! According to at least one article, the Indiana toll road is not in too bad of shape.

14. crusha

crusha TS Member

Superdog:

I don't know if you're government, union, or environmental wacko...but please, repeat after me:

"I have to begin preparing myself for the fact that Mike Pence is my Governor for the next 8 years."

"I have to begin preparing myself for the fact that Mike Pence is my Governor for the next 8 years."

The liberals in Indiana hate Daniels' guts, because he's been a competent executive and has put the state in the black, while taking on vested union and public employee interests. For instance, ending collective bargaining for gubmit employees was one of the first things he did by executive order. No legislative fight, no spent political capital...he just "did it" - then let them cry and suck their thumbs, while he went off and balanced the budget.

The one good thing about Daniels, is that he believes government has to start with the amount of money they take in, live within that, and make cuts if it's not enough (rather than pass new taxes).

He is probably unelectable this cycle, but his fiscal attitude is the type of thing we should be looking for in all politicians, regardless of level of office.

If you see _anybody_ bad-mouthing Daniels in Indiana, find out what they do for a living. I guarantee you they or a family member either work in government, or belong to a union or environmental group. Nobody outside those groups thinks he's been a bad governor. In fact, I even know some dyed-in-the-wool commie liberals who grudgingly admit he's been a competent executive...and these are the type of people who think Canada is utopia. Democrats in Indiana have been retreating the whole time he's been in office. They haven't been able to win any legislative fights, because Daniels has outmaneuvered them at every turn. You have to go back a long way to find another time the Democrats were beaten so soundly, for so long, as they have been in Indiana under Daniels. He has mopped the floor with them.

He is term-limited out at 8 years after 2012. And if you think Democrats have had it bad under Daniels...wait until you see what Mike Pence is going to do to them.

15. Superdog1

Superdog1 TS Member

Buzz- Gunn
    What I am and who I work for are not the subject. I only pointed out a few instances when Mitch Daniels presented incorrect facts on his own resume. If he lies about his accomplishments as Govenor, how can any person trust him to keep his word in Washington. Mitch did have to make some tough decisions. For instance, he "assumed" the rights to the school for the mentally challenged in central Indiana. He liquidated the assets of the school, and closed it down. The students of this school were then deposited into their respective public School districs. Come to find out, this was a school that was managed by the state but owned by a private trust. The property and the assets were on loan to the school as long as the school was used to help the mentally challenged. This oops cost tax payers Thousands of dollars and took away a needed and beneficial school. Why would "My man Mitch" do this to these defenseless students? to place them intot he figures of the public schools and help push his "charter school" bills. Oh, by the way, his wife owns several charter schools in Indiana. Mitch just solidified his future investments in the charter school busines... on the backs of the children in the state of Indiana. I have seen SEVERAL people outside of the situations you have mentioned who are furious with Daniels. Just ask ANYONE with family members who are living at the Soldiers Home retirement facility. A STATE funded retirement facility that is open to veterans of any line of American Armed Forces. What he has done to the level of care these veterans depend on is borderline criminal. Mitch Daniels is not one of the good guys.

16. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Mitch Daniels for President? Well this long lost member of the Charlie Daniels Band better get his face out there on national TV and the media if he wants to get elected for President LMAO

I think good ole Mitch better stay put, wherever he is at. Looks like no one knows who he is except for those living in Indiana. It's kind of late to start thinking about the 2012 Presidency. Maybe he should shoot for the 2020 election, LOL

17. SCL

SCL Member

Gov. Daniels spoke at my daughters commencement speaech in 2009, and I didn't know who he was before that. I was very impressed and have been watching from the commie state to the west ever since. I think he's as competent and ready to lead this country as any other rep. candidate, which makes him better than any dem hahah. And superdog, I understand what you're saying, but every candidate, powerbroker, etc.. embellishes their record. Its part of the process. You always are faced with sorting through the BS to find the person that BEST represents what you want to see accomplished. None are perfect, some far from it.

18. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

He was for Cap and Trade! This is all I need to know! Life is already too expensive without cap and trade! He obviously buys the global warming non-sense and if that is the case he is a RINO in every sense of the definition!

19. crusha

crusha TS Member

Ok, so you feel threatened by the idea of Charter Schools.

Why are Charter Schools so bad?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

daniels trap