1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mistreatment of trap help at the grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 10 Ring, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 10 Ring

10 Ring TS Member

While waiting for my squad to arrive at my bank at the grand today, I witnessed something shameful of a trapshooter.

A shooter asked a line personnel employee if his squad was filled just before his squad was about to start. The girl, who had a radio responded that she had done this before but had been told that she was not to call for this information anymore as it was taking too much time to look up all the squads who asked this question and tht that they were not to do it anymore.

At this point, the shooter got immediately mad and pointed to hid Delegate hat and said, Don't tell me what you can and can't do, I know what you can and can't do! He went on to complain more to the girl and said that her unacceptable behavior was going to be in his Delegate's report.

As he went to shoot his squad alone, he stopped half way through his squad to yell from the 27 yard line back to the sidewalk where he again rudely yelled at the girl again who was talking to a line supervisor about the encounter. He yelled that he could hear her and it was disturbing him.

At this point, I was closer to the girl than he was and could not believe what he was yelling about. I was not alone in this feeling as the 10 or so people next to me felt that this person was completely out of line and rude to the worker.

The girl was near tears over the whole ordeal which I do not feel she had coming as she had calmlystated why she was not to call to find out how many shooters were on the squad.

The worst part, he is a Delegate. I believe his name is Ken Sipple.

I have seen him at shoots in the midwest before before but never act so inapropriately towards trap help. I heard numerous times throughout the day about his treatment of the girl from people who weren't even there for the incident.

People like this should not be shooting ATA tournaments and have no business being an ATA Delegate.

Grow up!

10 Ring

2. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Turn him in, what is your name, what was the squad?

It's BS, everybody in the ATA is there.

Barry Kemper

3. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

Sounds like somebody should have "educated" him in manners in the past!! There's an as*$%@# in every crowd, just wait for them to stink.

Rod

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Nobody should be belittled in such a fashion. It's very shameful. Most of the trap help are kids and only trying to make a few bucks. Nobody has the authority to publicly ridicule trap help in my opinion. I know of shooters that have been barred from clubs for such actions.

5. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

This is why Trap shooters get a bad name.

Had I been there, I would have stepped in and told him to shut up and shoot. It's not his job to determine where the rest of his squad was. If her behavior was bothering his shooting, he could have calmly asked her to please hold her conversation until he was done shooting. Instead he made an ass of himself.

Often times volunteers get a title and they think they have some tremendous authority. He's a delegate, so what! The rules are the same for him as everyone else. If he doesn't like the way things are going, he can talk to shoot management just like everyone else.

6. oldgahchamp

oldgahchamp Active Member

I watched the same thing happen at our State Shoot many years ago. An out-of-state Delagate, later an ATA President, had a trap girl in tears from his verbal abuse. Our squad followed him and we had to console the girl and persuade her not to quit, telling her that a$$holes like him were not like most shooters. Larry Evans

7. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I would had figured he would have had a squad with friends to begin with maybe that is why he has no friends shooting with him after all this is the biggest shoot of the year surley his other friends was there.

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

DQ the bastard and get on with the program. He is a self made man and worships his creator.

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

How did he become a delegate? We vote for ours.

10. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

When you hear your State Delegate call one of the girls a "Trap Slut", that really gets under your skin...Some people should never be given a title.

many years ago, but you don't forget something like that...

That guy is long gone now, and good ridence !!!

I'm glad you told us that Delegate's name...

Dave in SC

11. Ted K.

Ted K. Member

10 Ring-

What I don't understand is why you are posting this here instead of bringing it to the attention of the ATA Grand management. You have the guy's name and squad number. Speak up!

Posting your complaint here is a cop-out of the worst sort. You saw something go very wrong, a young person doing her best gets abused, and all you can do is post something anonymously on an internet bulletin board?

It's time to stand up and be counted, not huddle behind your computer screen.

Ted K.

12. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

This is a surprising thread, I am responding to keep it on my list.

Kenneth Sipple is my State Delagate and yes he was elected in March.

I find this kind of hard to beleive because I personally have shot around him alot and have never wittnessed any such thing in the past.

Has to be two sides to every story,

Rick

13. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Nothing will happen as it is apparent that the alleged witnesses have no balls.

Curt

14. DoubleAuto

DoubleAuto Well-Known Member

Apparently none of the "10 or so people" had "the balls" to step up for the girl. That's almost as bad as the idiot causing the problem.

15. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

If you stand by and do nothing, you are in my opinion as culpable as the person committing the act.

Phil Berkowitz

16. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

So what would Berkowitz and DoubleAuto have done?

17. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The people who know me, know I would have gotten in the perps face & immediately reported it to an authority that has the responsibilly to correct his actions.

Phil Berkowitz

18. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Club Geezer spotting at the Grand, LOL!

I've been telling you guys for years that a handful of A-Holes are hurting our sport.

-Gary

19. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

I'm with Phil. The guy would have been confronted big time, reported to every ATA official I could find, and I'd have tried to get the names of other witnesses.

No trap help should have to put up with crap like that

20. skeet2day

skeet2day Active Member

Years ago when I first got into shooting I had the privledge to shoot with an assh*le who acted exactly like this...propably the biggest reason I only shoot skeet today...guys like this...if true to the story don't belong on a range with a loaded gun...they are bad for everybody.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.