1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Missouri Prop B: A wolf in sheeps clothing

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by alfermann66, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

Ever wonder what basis for arrest the MO Dept. of Ag. is using to terminate unlicensed and/or abusive "puppy mills" in MO if Prop B is needed to protect animals? Dr. Alan Wessler, vice president of feed operations and animal health at MFA Incorporated published an answer in this months Missouri Ruralist.

The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) are the people running the heart wrenching ads on TV in favor of Prop B. Dr. Wessler reports an analysis of it's 2008 tax returns shows that HSUS received $86 mil. of income. It paid out $31 mil. in salaries (more than the White House payroll), $24 mil. in fund-raising expenses and $20 mil. in legal expenses (HSUS thrives on stirring up conflict that allows for more fund-raising).

Only $450,000 went toward the actual hands-on care of dogs and cats. That's less than one-half of 1 percent of the orgs. income.

Missouri's existing Animal Care Facilities Act, a 23-page set of regulations crafted by 13 Missouri animal health professionals, addresses housing, exercise, food and water needs of dogs in kennels.

VOTE NO ON PROP B and don't donate a penny to these bottom feeders!

Buz

2. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Feel better after your rant, alfermann66?

Bob Lawless

3. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Hey BOB, I bet he does.....don't tell us you are an HSUS supporter???

4. dalog

dalog Member

There is a lot more to this than the TV commercials the supporters are running.

To my mind it is on par with the gun control nuts. You know, vote for more restrictions so you can pat yourself on the back and go on thinking you accomplished something. Meanwhile, the crooks are still doing what they always did and the law abiding citizen has had more of their rights taken away.

Bottom line here is that if this passes, many legitimate breeders (people that actually ARE licensed, care for their animals and follow the rules) will be forced out of business by the insane added costs. Those that remain will have to charge more for their puppies to cover those costs. The gap created by fewer breeders will also drive up prices, simple supply and demand.

Now, who do YOU think is going to jump in and fill that gap?? You betcha, the same no good inhumane, unethical, unlicensed, ILLEGAL puppy mills this law and it's supporters claim to be addressing.

DUH!!

Our high school Ag teacher has sent out the following. I commend his efforts but I have omitted his name for his own good.

"There are a lot of issues on the ballot this fall. I have a duty as an Agriculture Instructor and Animal producer to inform you of a serious issue that affects my industry, Prop B.

Please research and review facts before making a decision.

The Missouri Agriculture Industry, Missouri Farm Bureau, and the American Veterinarian Medical Association, are encouraging individuals to Vote NO on Prop B.

Below is website on the associations beliefs on Prop B, take to time to read before Nov. 2nd.

http://www.mofb.org/Portals/0/MFB%20Uploads/ContentImages/Campaigns/AnimalCare/Article1.pdf"

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    HSUS is anti-hunting as well.

6. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

HSUS is just another wacko agency that we could live without! Not just because they are Anti-hunting but as pointed out, very little of the money they take from bleeding hearts,goes to help the animals they claim to be helping!

A pile of their money got filtered to PETA in the past couple of years also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.