1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Missouri FH Scores For Sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gunner x, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunner x

gunner x TS Member

Last year at the Missouri Fall Handicap, a scorer inquired if I was interested
    in buying a 100 straight for a singles event. My reaction to this was that he
    must be in pure jest. I than realized he was serious. 100 targets per trap may
    be the sernario for false scores. I do not recall if he scored all 100 targets,
    but he did speak to other shooters. Of course I declined, and no one on our squad broke a 100 in that singles event. But it could happen, so be alert if you
    attend this years Fall Handicap.

Buyer Beware,

Gunnerx

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Are you sure he just wasn't selling really expensive trapguns/adjustable ribs combs buttplates/recoil reducers/shooting glasses/electronic ear plugs/mental management tapes/shooting vests/custom stocks/video tapes/how to books/hivis sights/bead alignments/magic dots/7.5 shot/8.0 shot/chokes/wall charts/stockfitting secrets or lucky socks?

3. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

They usually change scorers every other sub event so they can get a break. Not saying that the scorer was not serious, but I really doubt if it could be done with a squad of shooters that don't know each other. Everyone does look at the score sheet and for someone to miss targets and have all slash marks on all 4 traps? I doubt it. Now if the whole squad was in on it....maybe. But on singles, a hundred straight will just get you to the shootoff. What ya gonna do then. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.