1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Missouri Fall Handicap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beau69, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

Just seeing some of the scores posted must be some interesting weather going on down in Linn Creek. Handicap scores are down where 95-96 is winning events. Todays even saw no 50 straights in the handicap...payouts must be big on some of the purses (25 and 50s even) with the scores so spread out...

Are the payouts listed online anywhere??

Interesting that short yardage guys are winning...so it must be windy...and people won't complain...

Who said the handicap system is busted? lol.

2. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Very cool temps (50s and low 60s) and LOTS of STRONG winds. Hot coffee, sweat shirts and jackets selling very well. Lots of Cesar Guerini guns at vendors. Ed

4. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Did anyone withdraw at mid round?

5. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

It was wild, I was told they said on the nitely news winds were 40 mph. and gusting to 52 mph. straight out of the west.

Terry.

6. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Well I can already hear the slandering now since a KY shooter won the handicap today with a 99 I wonder which one he missed in his last 25 hope it wasn't the last one.

Fog

7. Urbans

Urbans Member

It is going to be a different story today. Calm wind, and 70 degrees. Shoot well.

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Foggy:

Question: What do Kentucky shooters call the 22 yard line?

Answer: The back fence

_________

For a long time I was convinced almost all Ky shooters stood on the 20 or 21 yard line. I figured the smattering that shot from longer yardages either moved to Ky from somewhere else or were one of the TINY minority of Ky shooters that considered target management unethical.

Turns out I was wrong. There's a bunch of you guys on the 19 yard line too!

sissy

Ok, I'm just funnin' you. I probably should have posted this note on the thread about trolling. : )

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Urbans:

Well guess what I heard it is the same story today also a kid from KY named Billy Wade Conn, won it with a 99 .

I love hearing about our Ky shooters bringing home the bacon.

Foggy

10. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

what was Billys yardage???

tony

11. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

He is a sub junior at 20.5. He shot a 74 on Friday and a 94 on Saturday. A 94 on Saturday was very good. A 74 on Friday may have been good based on everyone elses scores.

12. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I couldn't get there this year due to a family member's health. I noticed a lot of "forfeit" on the MFH thread. Can someone who was there enlighten us. Thanks.

13. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Forfeit means that individual did not show up for the shoot off. Bill Malcolm

14. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Also it was 40 to 50 m.p.h. winds and cool weather on one of the days so maybe they decided to take what ever trophy was offered and not stick around for the shoot offs I saw 1 guy that breaks 200's all the time and also he shot pretty good in the caps but he never will shoot off im sure over the year he saves many shoot off shells but he also loses a lot of trophies but I think it's cool that he don't even show up for the ohio state and even the grand shoot offs.
    In other words he don't need the money or fame I guess
    fog

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

thanks foghorn, that is probably why...

16. batman1004

batman1004 TS Member

did they post any payouts on the web for this shoot. and the turn out was well the worst I have ever seen 791 on final handicap last time I was their had 1700 plus on last day trapshooting only for the rich and famous now g3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.