1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MISSOURI FALL HANDICAP: Sunday Results

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Steven R. Scheib, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Missouri Fall Handicap Championship - 2 Shooter posted 100's. Kay Ohye from 27 yards and James Riechmann, a 21 yarder from Missouri. Kay took Vet Class and James is the Fall Handicap Champion.

7 shooters posted 99's. James Burdette, Ray Stafford, & Bill Stuve all 27 yarders; Eugene Howard from 26.5; Dennis Heintz from 22; Dhon Haversman a 21 yarder; and Brendan Ball, a 19 yarder.

Bill Stuve won the 27 yard shootoff. Ray was runnerup. James was 3rd. Not sure how the other shootoffs ended up.

Another gorgeous day. Warm and sunny. Very little breeze. What a week of weather. Have a great weekend all.

2. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

Where were the boys from Kentucky?

3. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I agree that's fine shooting and congrats to all........Glad to hear Eugene is better after his illness. Sounds like he's on the road to recovery.

hubcap

4. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

They do not know how to shoot soft targets. - Jim

5. bwvan

bwvan TS Member

Nah, we Ky. boys just knew that the shooters from MO had finally figured out how to sandbag after all these years. Looks like they put up one of their own this year.

6. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

"Roofer Jim", is a genuine nice guy that had a day like we ALL only dream of !!!!! I have shot with Jim, sold him guns, and eat lunch with him. Not a sandbagger for sure.......merlyn..

7. Chipster

Chipster TS Member

Congratulations, Brendan, Eugene, and Roofer Jim, with his I believe, Model 12 Winchester, great shooting by all. I watched Brendan work as hard as anyone, I,ve ever seen, for her 99. Eugene Howard worked hard on the first 99, missing #100, dang it. Jim was a nervous wreck and this was a long time after the 100. Congats again to these true AMATUERS, on their scores.

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Good shooting Eugene and Brenda also to the others but I know these 2 personally.

Foghorn

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Lit, I didn't hear the dogs howlin either? :) Hap

10. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Lit,

See you still haven't lost that Minne-so-ta accent, eh?

jim brown

11. SportsPhotographer

SportsPhotographer TS Member

If you guys met Jim I'd be really surprised if you didn't like him a lot... the fact that he won this with a 1947 Winchester Model 12... the gun cost about $150. I can't believe anybody would call this guy an amateur. His father taught him how to shoot out in the corn fields when he was just a small boy... much like other famous shooters, but in Jim's case he doesn't show up with a single thing that makes it any easier to win... no Perazzi or anything else fancy... just a nice, old "kick your shoulder in" Winchester 12.

How can you not let that guy have his day and appreciate the gun he used to win? If anything, I think it's a great story.

12. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Sorry Mr. Literalist, the SW Iowa Clowns shot great scores, but they were all "thanks for coming" scores. After 4 days of shopping, my wife was the only winner. Well... actually Osage Beach should be sending a "thank you" for the economic impact. We are not has-beens, more like never-beens.

We missed your Saturday visit. Whazzup widat?

maltzie

13. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

How many of the above mentioned scores were shot on the handset traps?

14. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Very few handsets were used on Sunday. The first bank was No. 19 so less than 10 handsets were on the entire field. The targets were set great all weekend, Pats or handsets seemed to make no difference, as good scores were plentiful.

15. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

Steve or anyone:

Thanks for the info. Do know how many 98's & 97's there were?

Wayne Downham

16. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

Wayne, As well as I can remember the leader board on the TV screen, there were 10 or so 98 and probably twice that amount in 97's. What amazed me were the number of scores shot that were 92 or 93 and above. Why, if you shot in the 80's on handicap, you were in the bottom rung, for sure. I have never seen so many good scores on a leader board. When one of the All Americans hic-cupped, they still shot 97 or 98. It was definitely a year like no other I have ever seen. The weather was perfect. The MTA staff ran things well, as usual.

I talked with Lendel this morning as I was pulling out. He said they plan to keep adding Pat Traps as the handsets go bad. They keep salvaging parts from the ones that go bad, but insisted that typically they add 1 to 2 Pat Traps per year. I asked him why not just replace them all. His answer was that they only time they use all the banks, ever, is during the Fall Handicap, and then it is for only 1 or 2 days at the most. That's a big expense to outfit all the traps with $7,000 machines to be used for one or two days per year. Ask Iowa how their investment is paying off? Or anyone else for that matter who has replaced all their handsets with Pats. You must throw targets to pay for anything. And one shoot per year will not do it. So, I got a free lesson is gun club economics this morning. It sure made sense to me. Anyways, have a great week!

17. Shady Creek

Shady Creek TS Member

18. Gun Run

Gun Run Member

Hi Steve:

Thanks for the info once again. I had one of the 97's & just wondering how many others were out there. We had talked before & was going to squad with you some time ago, but never worked out. I see your name on the Leader Board from time to time. Would like to meet you at some shoot down the line.

Wayne Downham

19. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Keep in mind, they shot the entire event on one trap. At the Grand, it was a four bank system to complete an event. You remove target variation when you reduce the number of fields from 4 to 2 fields, or as in this case, 1 field. Roger

20. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

The weather difference between Sparta "The Grand" and Linn Creek "The Fall Handicap" was what 25-35 degrees difference..... The 70-80 temps at Linn Creek were much more enjoyable then the 100+ temps at the Grand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.