1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Missouri Fall Handicap results?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beau69, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

Any results from the Fall Handicap? People staying dry?
    Thanks!
    Beau

2. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

David has them at the above.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Weather is supposed to be great. Must be throwing some hard targets in caps,,,,short yardages doing pretty good. Congrats to Lyndle!!

4. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

The weather was great today, near 80 light wind 5 to 8 mph I would think. I shot better but not up to the point I should be. I also keep missing the Lewis by one.

5. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Leo is at it again. Lone 100 in handicap Wednesday.

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

" I also keep missing the Lewis by one".

Thats simple, just miss one more. Duh!!! Can't believe you didn't know that.---Matt

7. Beau69

Beau69 Active Member

weather must be tricky.
    Payouts will be interesting to see. Today for example, a lone 96 was high in the first event. If you sift through the results, there were only 2 50 straight broken during the event which would mean huge $$. Kinda neat.

8. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

An 80 in the Doubles on Tuesday paid a $114.00 on the Lewis!!

Yes, I played the Lewis and broke an 80--I was very pleased (and lucky).

Weather has been wonderful. A bit windy at times though.

Allen

9. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Are the payoffs posted anywhere?

10. Clay Target SSE

Clay Target SSE Active Member

I have an attendance question.

I looked in my average book at 2004. There were over 1300 shooters in the feature handicap. Yesterdays handicaps (both) had only around 650 shooters. Why? Are my numbers correct or are the number on the webside wrong?

It is hard for me to believe the attendance for one of the best shoots in the country has fallen that much.

11. grntitan

Attendance for all shoots has fallen off in the last 5-10 years. All sporting events in general have taken hits due to the ecomomy. I would say those numbers are correct. The weather has also been less than favorable this year.---Matt

12. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I don't agree about the weather! Other than being a little windy sometimes the weather Monday through Thursday was absolutely wonderful!! Sunny, Warm, around 70,absolutely no rain nor mud. I wasn't there Friday, Saturday nor today Sunday---but from weather reports it should have been nice as well.

I have shot at the MTA when it was rain, mud, cold as well as windy.

Allen

13. grntitan

Allen---I wasn't there any of the days but talked to someone who had. He is also one of the worlds best excuse makers and he said the wind was the worst he had seen. I'll recant the weather statement cosidering a second opinion was given. LOL ---Matt

14. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

I have been going to the Missouri Fall for the past 3 years. It looks to me like the shoot gets smaller every year. The wind was brutal yesterday, absolutely brutal!

15. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

SSE. Look at the attendance by state. Fewer folks traveling from further distances. Sure sign of economic recession.

16. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

Yes, the economic recession is certainly having a large negative impact. Luckily, I was watching the news to learn more, and, sure enough, the President and several democrats explained it was due to the mess they inherited from the previous administration. Hey, that was a long time ago, wasn't it? And hasn't the Congress been under democrat control for the past 6 years? Best Regards, Ed

17. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I was going through the scores looking to see what some friends shot, and I too noticed that Saturday's and Sundays handicap only had 654 and 520 entries. Wow! In the mid 90s that shoot was growing like gangbusters, we all thought it might eventually be bigger than the Grand.

I used to make that shoot every year, but I haven't been for 5 or 6 years. All the guys I shot with then are gone. A lot of em died, or had to give it up for one reason or another.

A lot of the older trapshooters are living off the interest their money produces, and that ain't much anymore. Even if you have a million dollars now and put it in safe CDs that would only earn maybe 15K a year now. Kinda hard to live on that and social security much less shoot.

We are in a dying sport.

18. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Beautiful facility, great weather, if this shoot can't draw bigger attendance than what we had then the sport is indeed in trouble!

I shot every event, Wed. through Sun. & the numbers were way down every day.
    It's depressing to see the steady decline in participation.

19. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Why is is that when the Grand Attendance is down by 10% or so the Sparta haters jump up and down. The Missouri Fall Handicap is down about 1/2 and it's the economy (which it is). The Sparta haters have a tuff sell on location being the problem with the Grand.

20. grntitan

PARKERGUY---Funny isn't it? By the way, like your user ID.---Matt Parker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
missouri fall handicap

missouri fall handicap results

missouri fall handicap scores
mo fall handicap results

results fall handicap 2015