1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Missouri Fall Handicap pre-squading

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by FRO, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FRO

FRO Member

Missouri Fall Handicap pre-squadding

How is it possible that after only 30 - 45 seconds after pre-squadding opened for the Missouri Fall Handicap, at
    midnight no less, there were many FULL squad's
    registered for the entire week of shooting? The idea of
    being able to shoot 1000 to 1400 rounds off of one or
    two houses for the entire week sounds good to me!! How
    is this acheived in less than one minute?

Also, where were the missing banks? On several events, banks between 30 and 40 just weren't there. They were not "IN USE, TRY LATER", they just weren't there. Does the MTA hold back banks? Anyone with Presquad.com experience please reply.

Confused in Cincinnati

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Don't know for sure but I would suspect that a lot of folks squad the whole squad at once. All 5 of them. If you don't get it right off the bat, you probably won't.

Some of those missing ones may be practice traps.

You are more than welcome to come down on the west end where I will probably end up though.

John

3. Dan Veite

Dan Veite TS Member

Are you trying to say that you feel as though certain people were allowed to pull squads before squadding actually opened up at midnight.

4. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

No, what I am saying is that only one person per squad can pull the whole thing as soon as it opens up. All they have to have is the other squad members ATA numbers and names. Just get online at opening time and boom. Done deal.

I was gonna presquad this year but can't because I don't know now when I will be there. So I will take what is left and be happy. Actually, the traps 5-9 are really pretty good.

John

5. Dan Veite

Dan Veite TS Member

John I wasn't referring to your reply. I think that FRO is insinuating that he was online at opening time & the squads were already pulled.

6. FRO

FRO Member

Danimal - That is exactly what I am referring to. I am not a computer wiz but I am familiar with the site and have high speed internet. Am I the only one that saw this last night?

7. Dan Veite

Dan Veite TS Member

8. Wilma Harris

Wilma Harris TS Member

I believe the board of directors and friends squad before it is put on line. Where you shoot is very important at this club so they dont want to take any chances. Different kinds of trap machines and very different background is a big factor in shooting a good score there.

9. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

It is my understanding that the directors are able to pull one squad, and put anyone on it they wish from each event. This is because they get no money or no benefits other than this. Other than that I think you just have to be there when it opens. At least I was....or thought so...I thought it opened on the 28th and I think it must have opened on the 26th. Might have been a typo?

I was late getting there and many were already pulled. I have no problem with this system personally, because I know these directors work hard.

Any of the banks from about the new vendor building on down to the east end are all pat traps. I think that is even all they are presquadding. I could look at the #'s and tell you for sure what they are but I know that is where they start is in front of the new vendor building.

hope this helps you. There are more pat traps than there used to be.

10. debateableone

debateableone TS Member

They all pull the squads the same way. The difference is the speed of your internet and the flurry of activity in the first few seconds it opens up.
    If you snag a squad and have all the numbers for your squad you can fill the entire squad. If you have dial up or slow connection, the end of a DSL line then your response is slower. It is all technology driven. Yes the club can hold some squads but that is for convenience of directors and others who work the shoot. You want the targets set right and the shoot to move smoothly so give them a break and let em shoot close to the clubhouse. Thats the least you can expect for all the crap you take as a director of these clubs, when somebody says the bathroom is plugged could you go fix that or paper towels or other paper is out!! IF you can't have a little fun why should they do it?
    IF the shooting public were more able to pitch in and help a little rather than bitch an moan a little it would be a better sport!!

11. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Debatable, that is what I meant, you just said it a little better lol. John

12. FRO

FRO Member

Debatable - I have no problem with squads being held for directors. By the number of missing banks in the pre-squadding they must have an aweful lot of directors in Missouri. I have been involved in running a gun club for the last 7 years and now sit on the board of directors so I am well aware of the time and effort that is involved. But I am sure that it is the same in Missouri as it is in Ohio...you volunteer your services.

And as far as the pre-squadding, I was there the moment it opened with broadband access and all of my squad and bank information and I am here to tell you that there is no way those banks and squads were registered in the first 20 seconds after the pre-squadding opened. I don't care how fast your internet service is. Maybe we should go to a random draw for your starting banks on a day by day basis like The Silver Dollar Gun Club in Florida and the Michigan Club practices.

13. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

FRO,

You were on 20 seconds after midnight Eastern time, correct? Out here, pre-squadding opens at 10pm. A little more civilized hour.

But, I've noticed the same thing that you refer to for other shoots as well as the Missouri Fall last year. I've always figured that the person who set-up the pre-squad page had some squads already loaded. Even so, I was able to get a squad in the next flight on the bank that I wanted so I didn't stress on it too much.

14. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

That is right, presquad.com is on Eastern time. So they change dates before we do. I knew that but didn't think about that.

15. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

That is right, presquad.com is on Eastern time. So they change dates before we do. I knew that but didn't think about that.

16. guncase

guncase TS Member

Same bullshit,, just as usual. I bet I can tell you who is on the premium traps at the premo times!!! Same ones as last year, and the yr befor, and the yr befor that!!! This shoot is a joke! 100 on one trap is not fair. Selling scores is a way of life for some of the kids,,who sometimes can't count to 5 much less subtract 5 from 25. I never actually seen this happen but herd about it. Looking at the help,,I have no doubts it could happen.

Just another reason to give up this game,, I can break the targets but can't play the other games!!

I think it would be funny if the MTA had the balls to scramble the traps without telling ANYONE,, every morning,,draw a starting bank,,listen to the squealin'. Put them "big money shooters" on trap 3, 7 or 40,,see it they can do it from there! But as usual they will have the traps just to the left of the clubhouse. Don't look for me,,, I just can't waste the money!

17. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

Gunsmoke100, we share the same sentiment.

I enjoy the shooting and the people but I'm not going to hand over my $250 when the deck is stacked against you from the outset.

FRO is a buddy of mine and he has a legitimate complaint here.... this just re-enforces what I have suspected for a while now.

The faces that grace the cover of Trap and Field every month get "priority" and the rest of us are there to donate to their prize funds. Personally, I'm done with it.

FRO -- see you at the lanes !!

18. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

XTFreak -

I've never been to the Fall Handicap, so I've got a couple of questions . . .

- Are you saying they charge $250 just for targets?
    - Are you saying the targets on the "other" banks are so bad that the All-American shoters have no chance of winning if they are on them (and conversely, the only way an non-AA shooter can win is to be on the "good" traps).
    - Does the MTA require that all shooters play all options, thereby donating to the prize fund? Most shoots I attend don't have that rule, I'm wonder why the MTA would?

I'd also recommend that if you (or anyone else) is aware of scores being sold (or even being offered for sale), that you immediately contact shoot management and/or file a formal complaint with the ATA. I'm sure all shooters would thank you for doing that instead of looking the other way.

Scott

19. hubcap

hubcap TS Member

I've shot on traps at Linn Creek from one end to the other and couldn't tell any difference in the quality of the targets. I have better things to worry about than what bank I'll be shooting on.

hubcap

20. missemucho

missemucho Member

I'm with hubcap; I haven't shot the Fall Handicap, but I've shot the Summer Handicap the last two years with plenty of big dogs and the banks I've gotten have all been traps 30-44. Unfortunatly I can assure you I'm not one of the "big money shooters"! I can't honestly remember a bird I missed because of which trap I was shooting from and the scorers were honest and always did the best they could.

If you actually can "break the targets" you should play the options and prove it. Money talks, etc, etc.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.