1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Missouri Castle Doctrine Passes Senate

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim101, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

It's a great day for Missouri residents. The Brady wench will have to update our report card from a D+ to an F. I like it.

Jim

Castle Doctrine Passes Senate

Tim Oliver

15 May, 2006

Yesterday was an historic day for gun rights in Missouri.

The Castle Doctrine law, which we have been fighting to pass for three years, passed the Missouri Senate. In both the battle for concealed carry, and this new Castle Doctrine Law, the Senate is always the highest hurdle to overcome in making changes to the law.

When Castle Doctrine was in the House a week ago it passed by a 156-4 margin. While the Castle Doctrine Law does have to go for one final vote in the House, it will easily pass there. The Governor will then sign the bill into law and it will become effective on Aug 28, 2007.

With passage of the Castle Doctrine, the Rules of Engagement for self defense have changed.

If, you act (use self defense) within the law (RSMo 563, Justifications of Defense), you will have an Absolute Defense from criminal charges *and* being sued civilly by your attacker or their family anywhere you are forced to use self defense!

Those same statutes will clearly state, that you have *no duty to retreat* in you home or car.

You will *never* have to go to your sheriff again for a permission slip, (Permit to Acquire) a handgun.

There are a number of other worthwhile changes to the weapons laws in the Castle Doctrine Law also. To see the full bill text use this link and choose the "Perfected" version to see what passed the Senate and will become law.

http://www.senate. mo.gov/07info/ BTS_Web/BillText .aspx?SessionTyp e=R&BillID= 108

So, because of the actions of all who called, emailed, wrote and faxed, our power and ability to change things has grown in the Capitol.

Thank-you all for answering the call to show up, write and call.

This victory is yours!

To all who helped, my humble thanks.[SPG] Castle Doctrine Passes Senate 29-3

2. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Please keep us updated. Not going to the Sheriff's Department for a permit would be very nice. Getting an F from the Brady bunch would be outstanding. Maybe they will give us an F-. Michael and Jane

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

4. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

I was unable to get the bill. I tried to get into the web site you listed but it came back invalid. Any chance you could cut and paste it. Thanks, Michael

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Mike check on the link above. It has links and other info about it. It passed the house today and the Gov is eager to sign it.

Jim

6. thespan

thespan TS Member

Gentlemen and Ladies,

The link I have attached seems to be working.

Take care,

Peter Greenspan

7. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

We need to get a definion of what the federal statues say regarding private gun sales between two people who are not FFL. This Bill is a win for the honest private citizen who wants to protect their families. More states need to get on board and help protect the majority of the population who are honest and hard working people. I could get on this soap box for hours so I'll end it here. Michael

8. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Mike, ck out this from the atf web site. Go to section B.

Jim

9. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Jim, thank you. This is a great day for all of the shooting sports. Finally we can protect our homes and loved ones with the law leaning in our direction. Now we can purchase and sell without an FFL and fees to the S.O. Thanks again, Michael and Jane

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Member

Good for the people of MO! It easily passed here in Idaho a couple years ago.

Now for a national concealed carry reciprocity bill! Go NRA!

Jennifer

11. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Congratulations people of MO! Now if Nebraska can just follow your lead. I realize you won't get a Christmas card from the Bradys. I will send you one that reads: "Shoot Often". IMHO

12. Sgt. Mike

Sgt. Mike TS Member

Perhaps we will get an F- from the Brady people. Their theory of disarming the honest citizen just lead to more crime. Perhaps people are getting the message that the founders of the U.S. Constitution really knew what they were doing when they wrote the 2nd Ammendment. Michael

13. motrap

motrap Member

I didn't see the update to this ......

It is now LAW .........

No permit required to acquire a handgun .......

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.