1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Missouri band sorry it played 'Dixie'.

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Barrelbulge(Fl), Dec 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

I got a kick out of this blunder. Bulge.

......Mo. university chief sorry band played 'Dixie'
    AP – 45 mins ago......SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP) — Missouri State University is apologizing after its band performed "Dixie" at a site where three black men were lynched in 1906.

Interim President Clif Smart tells the Springfield News-Leader the song was an "unfortunate selection" and won't be played again in a public venue.

The Confederate anthem has come to represent the ideology of the Old South.

The school's Pride Band played "Dixie" at the Nov. 18 dedication of Park Central Square in Springfield, the southwest Missouri city where the university is located. A plaque identifies the square as the location where three black men were lynched more than a century ago.

Smart says the band director didn't understand the significance of the song.

The local NAACP president says "Dixie" was an inappropriate choice and sparked community complaints.

2. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Missouri band sorry it played dixie.

*giggle*

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I remember when it was a mandatory song to sing in music class.

4. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Still is in Alabama.

5. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

*snicker*

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Our good shooting friends in Alabama used to play Dixie at their state shoot after our National anthem, untill someone in the ATA hierarchy decided it was inapproiate. Shame on them. Jake

7. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

sorry j2jake, your just so wrong.

8. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

"those people"?

blade819

9. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

PLAY IT AGAIN AND KEEP PLAYING IT.

10. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

PC run amuck

11. Barrelbulge(Fl)

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V95iu5rTDIs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V95iu5rTDIs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

12. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Thank you Barrelbulge.

13. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

A while back I was watching "The View" on TV with my wife. The topic of discussion was the fact that VP Dick Cheney had gone to a gun club where the "Stars and Bars" flag was displayed. Whoopi commented that it was inappropriate for Cheney to be associated with any group displaying that flag because some Americans find it "offensive."

REALLY??!! Many fine American men and women fought and died for the principles represented by that flag, and you, with all your PC bull_hit, find that "offensive"??

This PC crap has gotten way out of hand. Play "Dixie" all you want. I like the tune and I'm a Yankee.

Merry Christmas to all you Yankees and Rebels alike.

14. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

God bless "Dixie".........ignore the naysayers.

15. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Tarhawk it seems that you are like me a Rebel at heart so for you here it is again. Bulge.
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/V95iu5rTDIs?version=3&feature=player_embedded"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/V95iu5rTDIs?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

16. porky

porky TS Member

It's a great song. Even Lincoln said that when he heard it, he wanted to get up and start marching.

17. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Too bad Dixie and the Confederate Battle Flag were hijacked by in-bred, yellow-toothed, neo-nazies, klaners, and bigoted half-wits. Those with more noble affections for Dixie and the Battle Flag should have stood up to those half-wits that turned those items into symbols for hateful and disgraceful racism.

18. b12

b12 Well-Known Member

Sense the liberals want to destroy this country with their bull shit giveaway programs, and there way Wild Bill they think everyone except them should live. I got a fair Idea. I think we should re negitatie the North and South treaty and surrender to the South. That way someone else can worry about how this country is run. Wild Bill

19. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

U.S. Grant -

"I felt like anything rather than rejoicing at the downfall of a foe who had fought so long and valiantly, and had suffered so much for a cause, though that cause was, I believe, one of the worst for which a people ever fought, and one for which there was the least excuse. I do not question, however, the sincerity of the great mass of those who were opposed to us."

20. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

The PC crowd can put their head back in where the sun don't shine!!

I enjoy hearing Dixie as much as I enjoy God Bless America, Battle Hymn of the Republic, The Saints go Marching In and the Star Spangled Banner.

If you can't stand Dixie, please leave the country, IT's part of OUR history get over it!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.