1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Missouri B. O. D. would like your help.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sjfaa27aa, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjfaa27aa

sjfaa27aa TS Member

To All Shooters!! The Missouri Board of Directors is looking for ways to improve our shoots and increase attendance. We have 60 trap fields and plenty of camping. If you have something you would like to see us change or implement, please send me an email or post for all to see.
    GOD bless the USA & our TROOPS.
    Steven J Fuller
    Central Zone Director

2. hunter44

hunter44 Well-Known Member

Can you do anything about the rain? I think the state shoot had enough for the next several years.......otherwise, I love to shoot there.

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

How about free ice cream cones? They have good frozen custard there in MO.

4. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

I would miss the GRAND before I would miss the Missouri Fall Handicap..

5. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Jerry, you just went home too soon, the heat came on for the shoot last week, LOTS of heat...

6. Terry

Terry TS Member

How about going back to targets like they were several years ago and not everyone was breaking 100's. That seemed to draw more for the Fall shoot. I believe Burley had his magic way to set them so everyone had an equal chance. There was more money then too, although I am not a money shooter, but I enjoyed coming down there.When you could see AA shooters walk off the line shaking there head in disbelief didn't make me feel so bad.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I'm in Ohio, and didn't know when your state shoot was. Is it the same week every year? When is the fall handicap? I don't get T&F, so maybe advertise more on TS.com???

8. Herb Roach

Herb Roach Member

Advertise! I don't shoot Sporting Clays, but I have received emails from a couple of clubs in KY, inviting me to come and shoot some registered Clays. I don't know any of these people, but it made me feel good just to be asked. If you have a blank space on you entry form for email addresses, that might be a good place to start. Just a thought, and the advertising is free. Herb Roach

9. sjfaa27aa

sjfaa27aa TS Member

Shoot dates and a wealth of info can be found at www.motraps.com. Each trap is set in the morning to ATA rules by officers of the MTA. Ice Cream sounds GREAT to me but you can't shot with sticky hands.Come on Shooters, if you don't want to post send me an email. Steven J Fuller

10. sjfaa27aa

sjfaa27aa TS Member

SORRY wrong address, should be sjfuller@cvalley.net Steve

11. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Please don't make any changes for the better ... I would have to move to Missouri. My wife would not like that so it would cost me half my stuff...

Seriously, you folks run a great shoot. Fair prices for food and lodging at the club and in town. Good targets and decent money. Generally nice weather, what more can you ask for. Playboy bunnies for scorekeepers?

I'll be there, God willing! Folks don't miss a great shoot, come to Missouri!!

Bob Schultz

12. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

One more thing. You can rent a lake front condo for 4 guys for about $800 for the week! Thats $200 apiece for luxury accommodations with kitchen and BBQ grill on the porch! Call or email me for the phone#. Get 3 of your buddies and come and enjoy!

Bob Schultz

13. frostyman

frostyman Well-Known Member

Some people get tired of donating to the same people all the time but where else can you see great shooters like Leo, Stafford, Marshall, Campbell, Nagel, Etc. Many others greats show up at times also.

As for good things, I think the shoot is run much better in relationship to squadding. In the past a lot of the traps would only shoot one or two squads where other traps would shoot 6 or 7 thus taking all day for just a hand full of people to shoot. The computer scoring system worked much better for the summer handicap. The scores were actually timely and were updated. Before it seemed that they were only updated one or two times.

Better weather always helps.

14. sjfaa27aa

sjfaa27aa TS Member

15. Trapshooter1

Trapshooter1 Member

How about some rock in that mud hole that used to be behind banks 11 or 12 or 13 somewhere in there. Havent been there in two years. Maybee this has been corrected. Set up you're cashering for credit or debit cards. You might try an option for 18 to 26 1/2 and 1 for 27 only. I used to love to shoot there so this is not complaints just suggestions that you ask for. When I start back shooting your club will be one of the first I shoot at because of the way it is run.

Dan Woods

16. texaswebbshooter

texaswebbshooter Member

I'm glad they asked that question I was thinking about why I will not be going to the Fall Handicap this year after not missing one for ten years straight. For the last couple of years I was on pre-squad.com the minute it opened and all the good traps was blanked out or taken. I really like this shoot but as long as certain shooters always get the same best traps for the every event I won't be coming back.I have found that I just don't have a very good chance of being competitive on the other fields. You really need to do a draw each day for traps to make it even. If you draw a bad trap that's the way it is and I can handle that but not when I know they get the best ones every event.

17. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Jeff I will probably get thrown under the bus with you for this, but I must aggree that a drawn bank system levels out the playing field.
    Rooferbob

18. TRAINWRECK

TRAINWRECK TS Member

I think its great that the Missouri B.O.D. is asking and listen to the shooters. To bad the ATA isnt doing the same thing.

19. pudgie

pudgie TS Member

will you have trolleys back this year?this is a must have for some folks.

20. pudgie

pudgie TS Member

will you have trolleys back this year?this is a must have for some folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.