1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mississippi state shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by poppat, May 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poppat

poppat Member

Going to the Mississippi state shoot wondering whats the general opinion of this shoot good to go to or not

2. poppat

poppat Member

no info?

3. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Went to it several times when held in Corinth and it ranked as one of my favorites. Now being held farther away, for me, I won't make it but I am sure it will still be a well ran, friendly shoot. I can't help but think attendance will be slightly down due to relocation but it had to move. Go and have a good time, you won't be sorry.

4. mag410

mag410 Active Member

The Mississippi State Soot will be in Jackson this year. They have 5 fields and a decent clubhouse. Targets can be a bit tricky in the morning, as there are trees out 300-400 yards and they throw orange dome White Flyers. The last couple of times it was in Jackson they had 50-60 shooters.

Michael

5. poppat

poppat Member

solid orange or black rimmed?

6. cottondoctor

cottondoctor Member

Orange dome - black rim White Flyer targets.
    Five fields, PAT traps, food provided.
    Per squad at www.presquad.com

7. romie

romie Active Member

$12,000 added money out of state wins the same as the in state.Go to presquad.com food included both days.

8. THALL

THALL Member

Hotel recommendations would be appreciated. Tim Hall

9. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Tim and other friends--met and those to be met---Capitol Gun Club is off of County Line Road west. County Line and I55 intersect on the north side of Jackson. There are all sorts of hotels in every chain and price range all along the I55 corridor very near the County Line intersection. There are plenty of eats available around the hotels as well, but keep in mind that meals will be offered at the club and included in the entry fees.
    The I55/County Line intersection is within fifteen minutes of the club.
    If you enjoyed Corinth, you will also enjoy Capitol. Many of the same people are involved in hosting the shoot.
    It is unfortunate that we no longer have Corinth. We will all miss the shoots there but we in Ms. have to move on. With that in mind, the folks at Capitol have made a very serious effort to host a good shoot and have tried to plan in everything within their power to make your stay a good one. I have routinely shot Al, Ar, La.,and TN State shoots. YOU WILL BE TREATED JUST AS WELL AT CAPITOL!

Com play with us! Jim Porter

10. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

I have shot several tournaments there and have been very pleased with the hosts and the targets. The club is friendly and folksy just like Mississippi. You will be a welcome guest whether you are an instate or out of state shooter. I recommend it highly!

See you there,

Doc

11. poppat

poppat Member

Any hotels offering shooters discounts? I'm coming in Thursday and have not called about a room yet

12. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

No room yet? Crap, you will be sleeping on Porters porch!

13. poppat

poppat Member

I have slept in worse places

14. LocoChunk

LocoChunk Member

do they still throw crazy fast targets and hard angles?

15. gunner1949

gunner1949 TS Member

The targets are radar gun set at ATA minimum speeds (42S, 39D). Elevations are set with a digital protractor. The digital readings at recommended ATA height (9-91/2 feet). Maximum angles are set per ATA recommendations. Pat Trap doubles finger in use per ATA and Pat recommended. The settings are as close as possible to Grand American trap settings and procedures. Managers will check traps as necessary and by request.

Breakfast, lunch and dinner are complimentary. A steak dinner is planned for Saturday night. All added monies are open for all shooters on Friday. Added money for championship events is about evenly split between MS shooters and open category. $500 to high MS shooter on champ handicap. $500 to high open category on champ handicap. Added money by places and categories in all events. The added money by placement and category will be posted at the shoot. Over $12,000 spread over 6 events.

16. Mapper

Mapper Member

If it is anything like it used to be, it will be a fine experience. If it is still there, the Old Time Deli on the north side of Jackson is a dining experience.

17. poppat

poppat Member

Looks like we will roll in Friday morning ready for a good time and good shooting.
    Terry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
missippi state trape shoot
is mississippi a shoot the burlar state

mississippi state shoot

mississippi state trap shoot

mississippi state trap shoot 2015
mississippi state trapshoot
mississstate trap shoot