1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mississippi State Shoot results??????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sand9229, May 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sand9229

Sand9229 Member

Anyone have any results yet?

Donny Sanders

2. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

I was there, but really unsure who won. A Mississippi shooter had a 199 in singles. A Illinois shooter shot a lone 99 to win doubles. Yeager had a 96 to win MS State doubles (I think). When I left there was a 97 and a 96 in handicap. Both were 22 yarders. Matt

3. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

I forgot to say in previous post. The state shoot will be held at Capitol Gun Club in Jackson next year. Matt

4. bulgie

bulgie TS Member

Donny
    The scores will be posted soon on the Miss. skeet website,wwwmsskeet.com. Clark Hartness does the computer work for the shoot and will post the scores on the skeet website. Tom Yeager won the singles with 199......Willie Taylor of West Point won the and Fred Rogers was second with 93. 215 shooters shot the singles. A ton of out of state folks were there and the shoot went well. We missed you La shooters. Next year the shoot will be in Jackson. Take care.
    Smith in Meridian

5. kolarkid6657

kolarkid6657 TS Member

So why is the shoot going to be held at Capitol Gun Club...Rickman has the best run shoot I've ever been to...

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Wonder what will happen to the attendance? I know a bunch or out of staters go because it is a good shoot, might be too far now, is for me.

7. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

This is to the best of my knowledge..... Someone had a meeting on Saturday night, and it was agreed upon the shoot was going to rotate every 3 years. This was hearsay and what I understood. Also to the remark of out-of-staters, I believe there was around 20 Mississippi shooters there, and around 90 Tennessee shooters there. Matt

8. kolarkid6657

kolarkid6657 TS Member

Well I'm not even from Mississippi and I feel pretty strongly about this decision. Why mess up a good thing. A shoot at Corinth Gun Club is/will be the best run shoot you'll ever go to. By that I mean that it will start on time, keep moving, the trap help will be very well trained, no technical problems with voice releases or targets, and an overall beautiful background.

I will say I have never shot at Capitol Gun Club, but I dont see how it can be any better than Corinth. Face the facts, Larry Rickman and his staff run the best shoot in the Southeast in nearly every aspect.

The only reason I can think of that would be a legitimate reason to change the location would be that I know Larry was at one time having some health problems, but as far as I know he is ok now.

Has anyone heard anything?

9. Hubs20

Hubs20 TS Member

Results of State Champs are as follows:
    Singles: Tom Yeager Champ
    David Huber R/U
    Doubles: David Huber Champ
    Tom Yeager R/U
    Handicap: Willie Taylor Champ
    Fred Rogers R/U

The reason the shoot was moved is because of the Mississippi Shooter attendance. The overall shoot attendance is high because of TN, AL, & AR shooters, but only had around 30 MS shooters, because it is easier for out of state shooters to get to Corinth than it is for MS shooters. In order to try and build up the MS shooters it was decided to move it to Jackson next year, then to possible Starkville the year after that and then back to Corinth on a rotation.

We felt that since it was the Mississippi State Shoot we should try and get more in state shooters involved. Nothing against Larry Rickman or the Corinth Gun Club, just trying to keep the sport alive in Mississippi.

Brent Huber

10. sglfr45

sglfr45 TS Member

Maybe the targets will be slower at Jackson. Those at Corinth were pretty speedy. Matt

11. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Any updates here? Why the move? Is it moving for sure?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

mississippi state trap shoot results