Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing ---What is my problem???

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  barnbarron 
#1 ·
Earlier in the year everything was going pretty smooth. Won a few games, and hitting the long shots fairly well and now I may hit seven or eight in a row then miss fifteen !! I dont shoot regular trap, just games where a missed clay is shot at to put the other guys out. I am sure lots of folks here play those.
Anyway, is there some difference the weather makes on the shells ? I use greendot powder normally however with 18.2 of clays the same thing was going on today when practicing. These are 1 1/8 loads with fed wads or waa12.
It may just be a slump but maybe some of you guys can help.

Thanks

Barnbarron

#3 ·
barnbarron: had the same problem using all types of shells, little faster ones for games and distance. One day on and then all of the sudden couldn't hit any. I am diabetic as are many of our shooters at the club. Blood sugar drops or climbs and coordination goes with it. I'll be a vet during 2009 and don't need rx glasses for distance but have to eat mid morning to do good at the noon finale. It's a cheap check.

Good Luck and Good Shooting

Jim O

#5 ·
Hi!
That target is falling. You are probably shooting a high shooting gun. STAY UNDER the target! If you can, have someone stand behind you and look. Do this when money isn't on the line, though. You are either stopping your gun, shooting over it, or both. Use a one ounce load for backups or hickey shots. It'll hold together better than anything else at farther distances.
good luck and give those one ouncers a try. -Patrick Fitzjarrald

#10 ·
I must confess I have been guilty of bead checking however, I believe that is not the case this time. I have about decided that if my old load worked before then it should still work. I just gotta get my head cleared up and get it right. The gun shoots straight . I have checked it out from 25 to 65 yards.Almost 50/50 pattern with imp mod. choke. That said, it wouldnt do any harm to try it again just for confidence sake. Thanks for the replies.
Barnbarron

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.