1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Receiver

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by trapcrew, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapcrew

trapcrew TS Member

I am missing a K-80 receiver which I sent to a Gunsmith for repair. I am not going to mention any names at this point because my interest is to get feed back
    from you folks to determine my options and not destroy someone reputation.

On 4/2/07 I sent the receiver out to the gunsmith via US Mail to have a broken hammer replased. In arrived at the gunsmith on 4/4/07 at 3:22pm. He was busy and going out of town so the repair was not completed untill 4/15/07. He sent the receiver to me via US Mail, with no return receipt. I was expecting to see it in two to three days as when I shipped it to him. It didn't arrive by the following monday, so I called. He said he has had items late before and to give it a few more days. To cut this short, it had not arrived by the end of May. At this point, I asked him to track it which he couldn't do because no tracking number had been given because he didn't request one. I contacted my local post office and was told without a tracking number, they couldn't do much. I asked him to file a claim, which he did. By the second week of june, I was going to Calif and possibly shoot at their state shoot. I requested he send me a loaner receiver so I would have something to shoot. He sent one and to my supprise it arrived in two days Fedex. When I opened it I was very supprised to find a very old K-32 receiver, but it was something to shoot. I tryed it and as I expected, It fit but function left a little to be desired. I have to hold the shells down to the chamber with my thumb in order to close it without bending the brass. As you can see this is not the quality I expect or deserve form a K-80. As of three days ago, he will replace my receive with one of similar serial # but wants me to pay half or $1500.00. Finally my question to you folks is Do you feel he is responsible to replace it?

Thank You for your time

Trapcrew

2. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

I believe it is illegal to ship a receiver to a non-FFL person. If he did that, he would be in deep doo-doo if you reported him.

Is he responsble? In my opinion, yes. He knew it was a valuable item and failed to insure it or even get a tracking number? Gross negligence. He should be responsible for it until it is delivered to you.

Try the PO again. They should be able to help, esp if it is an illegal shipment.

3. Baber

Baber TS Member

This appears to be a legal shipment. You can ship to/from a gunsmith as stated here. The Gunsmith is remiss in not using a tracking system and insuring. When I send guns out I always state in the letter spelling out the service that it be returned insured to may address.

TB

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Trapcrew First Jnoemanh has no clue what he is talking about it,s your receiver your Smith can send it BACK to you . I would call the Smith again and tell him in a nice way you are going to call the ATF and report a missing firearm ( receiver) and give them (ATF) his name as the last to have it . He made a big mistake by not shipping it correctly (no tracking number) . He (the Smith)will try to get you to give him just a little more time GIVE HIM THREE DAYS no more then call the ATF . The Receive is THE FIREARM to them and it will be found ASAP .

5. superxjeff

superxjeff Well-Known Member

Here is the fact of the matter as it pertains to the Post office. There is no such thing as a tracking number with the exception of overnight mail. They have delivery confirmation. It will only tell you when an item has been delivered. Not where it has been and when it was signed in at such and such location like you get with a UPS tracking number. Insurance provides tracking in that the item must be signed for and if you have the insurance paperwork and the item is not signed for, They either find the item or pay the insurance claim. This is a simple one as far as I am concerned. The gunsmith chose not to insure the item or he spoke to you and you chose not too insure the item. If you chose not to insure the item then it's tough luck for you. Either that or the man is a thief and never shipped it at all. Too ship anything without insurance also means to give up all hope of ever finding it if it becomes lost. If you had no discussion about it then I say he owes you the entire reciever. Jeff

6. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Trapcrew First Jnoemanh has no clue what he is talking about it,s your receiver your Smith can send it BACK to you

You're correct. My error.

7. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Trap Crew- you are flat out cheap and it caught up with you.

Now you try to blame it on someone else?

It was your fault without a doubt - you owe him for the K32 receiver.

The K32 receiver was not an illegal shipment- it was a replacement and can be so logged

If you sent him your receiver and instructed him to send it back to you the way you sent it to him- he did that - with no insurance---

You gambled and lost- you should have insured it-- and post office insurance can be as high as several hundred percent higher than UPS

It was up to you to pay for insurance if you wanted it---

Now you try to muddy the guys reputation? have you no shame?

Cheap- Cheap- Cheap- and unethical

your kind makes me sick

regards from Iowa

Gene

PS - and based on your lack of credibility to far- the obvious thought is --- how do we know that you didnt get the receiver ? how do we know you didnt sell it or have it squirled away? You are obviously not to be trusted so how do we know that you didnt get it back and sell it or lose it or something else?

PPS - Why are you afraid to identify yourself?

8. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Are you sure it was legal for him to ship back a replacement/loaner receiver? It's legal to ship your firearm to/from a repair center, but I'm not sure what the call would be on a replacement/loaner - it's not really your firearm.

Scott

9. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Subject: Missing Receiver
    Email:
    Date: Mon, Jul 16, 2007 - 02:53 PM CT
    Website Address:

BULL(gn7s)SHEET!!!

Well Its obvious that you are just like your cheap and unethical buddy

I notice you are afraid to identify yourself also

10. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

A loaner would need to go to an FFl But he can ship the owners back to him .

11. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Scott and Keybear

He can ship the gun or a replacement back to him-- and because it appears there hasnt been an once of truth so far in the posters or his friends comments- why would anyone want to believe anything about anything that they say here or anywhere?

this guy and his friends have no credibility- none and have lost it for all time

regards from Iowa

Gene

12. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Jim what?

From where?

13. 870

870 Well-Known Member

GN7777777:

Exactly how did you conclude that the original poster hasn't been truthful? How did you determine that he was trying to "muddy" the guys reputation when he hasn't named anyone? How do you know he sent it to the smith w/o insurance, and told the smith to return it the same way, I don't see that mentioned above?

14. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Trapcrew,

When the gunsnmith chose to ship the reciever back to you without insuring it, (provided he didn't contact you first about the matter) He/she is responcible for said merchandice until it reaches your hand. The gunsmith played the lottery and lost.

As far a replacement reciever that is close to the same serial#. If your existing barrel(s) serial # matches the lost reciever then he would owe you some additional compensation for the loss of value on a gun. An unmatched combo gun is allways worth less than an all #'s matching combo.

Since you have done without your reciever for 2 months when it should have been for a week, it's time to stand your ground and get something resolved. The gunsmith is in the wrong and he now needs to make good.

ec90t

15. superxjeff

superxjeff Well-Known Member

DeVil'sAdvoCate I think if you will read my post I mentioned Express mail. Delivery confirmation is not tracking. As I stated in my post. Nobody Express Mails guns unless they need them the next day and if the shipper had used return recipt or certfied a signature would have been required. As far as I know there is no way to track( as UPS does) anything by the UNITED States Postal Service other then Express mail. I think if you read my post you will see no mark that it has been edited. If you know of a place I can go on line to track something other then Express mail I would like to know about it. That the Post office can find something they have lost is called a "Trace" and that they may be able to "Track" it down does not mean that the Post office has a tracking service.Jeff

16. trapcrew

trapcrew TS Member

I want to thank those of you who are truely trying to give me honest information and guideance.
    As far as others, you just have to take them for who and what they are.
    I do have a tracking number and receipt for when I shipped it, that is how I was able to give you the date and time it arrived at the gun smith.
    If I wanted to discredit anyone, I would have mentioned a name. That is NOT my goal.

Thank You very much to those who are helping.
    To the others, GET A LIFE.

Trapcrew

17. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

This has really turned into a rock throwing contest. A few have tried to help with some good advice and then others try to tell how sorry someone is just for asking advice. I feel it was in good taste to not name the business in question while trying to get help/advice. If you think someone did you wrong isn't it always best to get your facts together first, know what your options are before proceeding. I certianly agree with Jerry B, Keybear and Jeff are right on, some of the rest need to sober up, lay off the drugs or something. Jackie B.

PS. Thanks Jerry B. for sharing your opinion, I had begun to wonder if maybe I wasn't seeing the picture, but I see it like you.

18. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

This is a bs post by a troublemaker

notice he has essentially admitted he shipped it without insurance and told the gunsmith to ship it back the same way

Jerry B- someone has to pay for the insurance- who do you think should do that? get a life

cheap - cheap- and unethical

and how do we know he didnt get the receiver back

by the way - trap crew has what no one else in the world has- a tracking number from the postal service -- there is no such thing unless you ship it overnight-------- how many of you missed that?

Notice also for all you other cheapies- he doesnt deny he shipped it to the gunsmith without insurance ---

Nor does he deny he told the gunsmith to ship it back to him the same way that he shipped it (without insurance)

are you guys blind or just cheap?

Surely you cant go through life missing these obvious things and blame others for your failures can you? There arent people that do that are there?

Oh another thing -- you guys also missed the fact that trap was giving the gunsmith grief for having his gun a couple of weeks? -- "In arrived at the gunsmith on 4/4/07 at 3:22pm. He was busy and going out of town so the repair was not completed untill 4/15/07" Geezz I have seen his type before- he thinks two weeks is bad for turnaround time?

Trap- why dont you give your full name and location

and begin telling the truth

regards

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Gene; Why don't just shut up. Nobody and I mean nobody needs your babble and in addition you can't even read. Make a call and get a ride back to the home.

Don

20. g7777777

g7777777 Active Member

Don its you that cant read-- look at my last post- go through this guys posts

You will begin to see the truth or at least suspect it

regards and smiles from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.