1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

missing quarting targets on1 and 5 on handi HELP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by romie, Jun 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. romie

romie Active Member

seems this is my weak area my buddy said I might be going past it and going too far in front. I am on the 22

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

You might be romie. You could also be shooting behind them too, or over, or under.

Park yourself on station 1 with a 100 rounds and figure it out. Then repeat on station 5.

Not much lead needed if your gun is moving and you pull the trigger at the right time--ie on the leading edge.

It's most likely a flaw in your fundamentals.

Good luck!

Guy Babin

3. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

normally if you don't know where you are missing at , you are not staying in the gun.

4. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Check for the position of your feet to allow for the angles that you may get. It's easy to come out of the gun when you run out of body rotation on the corner posts. Bob

5. romie

romie Active Member

You know I might be snap shooting it and comming out of my gun. I think I will park and shoot 50 on one and 50 on five . Sounds like sound advice . I know my feet are set they may be set too far for the right if anything which may be the problem also.
    Monty

6. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

Those shots are tricky because you have to intersect the target rather than follow it.

7. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

A lesson or get a good shooter you trust to look over your shoulder for about 100 targets.

Joe

8. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Hi Monty. If you are snap shooting, there can be a tendency to stop moving the barrel as you shoot. Swing smoothly and smoke 'em. You'll figure it out even faster if you can lock down the machine on the angles that give you the most trouble. Bob

9. romie

romie Active Member

Sounds like good advise.I will have to lock the machine down and spend some time. I am holding almost for the strait so I am inside the house a good bit but those short quarting still seem to get me. I work on keeping the gun still and try not to move before I see the bird.
    thanks Monty

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.