1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Priority Mail Letter w/check missing

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I sold an Item to a TS poster and he sent me a check by Priority Mail and we checked the tracking number and it stated it was delivered to me on Saturday the 16th @ 1:00pm, they only thing in my mail box was an advertisement.

I called my post office and talked to the delivery supervisor and he talked to the driver and he said he put it in my mailbox.

Then I got a call from the sender and his wife addressed the letter to the seller of the part, used my address, that may have created a problem

I have had a problem with the carrier in the past of mis-delivering my mail to my neighbors.

I filed a complaint to the US Postal Service on the carrier on his past performance, or lack thereof.

Buyer is checking on his end to see if Postal Money order has been cashed.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Yet they want to raise the price of postage. I have mail deliverd to me for someone else on a weekly basis.

3. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

at my post office, they check your ID to match the name on the money order it was addressed to as well as look up the serial number of the money order itself to see if it is real or not....depositing into a bank account makes it even easier to track down so all is not lost

4. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

The PO lost a MO I sent Priority for a scope I'd bought in NC. The seller and I were concerned and talked on the phone bout every day, him for not receiving payment and me thinking it might take 6 months to get my money back!! The Priority envelope was found over behind the sorting desk over a week later than delivery date!! Another great Gov. program that loses more than just money every year!!

Hap

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

it'll probably show up in your box shortly. But next time get signature required rather than delivery confirmation. The extra buck is well worth it.

6. oz

oz Active Member

signature required?????? they just put a pink slip (sorry we missed you just go to the post office tomorrow and get it) they don't get off thier dead asses and knock on your door. you could be having a picnic on your front lawn and they would say the same (sorry, etc.)
    I also get someone elses mail about once a week. I write (sent to wrong address) on the letter and put it back in my box. I wonder what happens when someone else gets my mail by mistake??? I also like the ripped open envelopes you get. oz

7. DB Bill

DB Bill Active Member

My mailman left an empty package -- bottom was torn off --- on my porch without ringing the doorbell or knocking -- car in driveway and I was home --- and when I noticed it I quickly saw it was empty. Their should have been a set of K-80 bbls in the box.

Went to Post Office and driver claimed the box did "seem light" but he never noticed the bottom was missing --- the seller didn't insure the barrels but he did, with some reluctance, return my money.

I always ask the seller to get adult signature required for almost anything.

8. Boxbirder

Boxbirder Member

I love a happy Ending.

9. Kolar Dan

Kolar Dan Member

Last year it took the Post Office over a month to deliver a very important piece of Overnight mail, signature required with return receipt. Their only answer was they know where it was. My question to them why didn't get the service I paid for. This is the same Post Office that took over a year to deliver me a piece of regular mail.
    Sonny Daniels

10. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

About two months ago a customer mailed me a check via "Priority" (who's and what priority is a mystery...) Mail. It took 18 days to get from Miami, FL to Hendersonville, NC!!

He was so embaressed he mailed me another check (it was a deposit on a gun he ordered) and sent it first class (44 cents) and it arrived in 3 days! A couple of days later the first one showed up!

For any significant amounts of money I ask my customers to use a Bank wire transfer. Costs from 7 - 15 dollars but the money is in my account in a couple of hours. No question about how much or to whom you sent the money.

Bob

11. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Bob Shulz I have used E-checks but they mis-used the information and took money from my account w/o my permission, and will never ever divulge that info again, had to close the account and buy new checks. I do not trust anybody anymore.

And I do know about the time the mail system takes, it is all over place.

The mail carriers mistake can be costly. He scanned the tracking ticket but he put the envelope in the wrong mail box.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

12. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

We have in the past had our problems also.

But now, I have got to be the luckiest person on here since moving south from NY.

We moved around the corner from our original home here in rural South Carolina not long ago.

Our mail lady is the best there can be. She sees to it that we get our mail, even if it is still addressed to our old place, and again just today, pulled into our drive, up the our house, and brought us two packages along with the mail. We were on the front porch, and she could have just dropped them off but instead came right up and handed them to us.

NOT an isolated instance, as we get packages all the time. She never fails to come to the door with them.

Want to publicly thank Sarah from the Elloree, SC Post Office for the great service in our little rural area.

Dave in SC

13. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Dave, she just wants to see that great New York body of yours. Better let Judy know your all hers, it's really hot in the back of those mail jeeps. Bernie

14. Tekkie

Tekkie TS Member

I wish more people used PayPal. It incredibly easy, secure, and essentially instant. That alone would alleviate the vast majority of the postal issues being lamented here.

15. bluedevil

bluedevil Active Member

Our mailman is an arrogant jerk but he made one mistake. My wife, all 103 lbs of her ripped him a new one for not delivering mail to our grandkids who lived with us for years. Cost us a cancellation of grandsons insurance policy. I went to the PO supervisor and this mailman avoids us like the plague now. No more problems so far.

16. RunGunIPSC

RunGunIPSC TS Member

If I have any kind of larger check or I am worried about a person & his honesty,I use certified mail. It is about $2.80 & very reasonable insurance that it got there. Esp. use it if an FFL is sent. This is something you don't want to lose. My dealer has a lot of trust in my because of this. He thinks nothing of handing me 3-4 signed FFL's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.