1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Missing Hard Rights???

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Pull-it!, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

Looking for some input on the possibilities of why a right handed shooter misses hard rights on post 4 and 5.

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Position, position ????

3. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Arm shooting and bead checking mostly. Keep your elbow up and focus on the target.

4. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Try rotating from the body instead of arm pushing the stock off your face. Positioning the body to offer more free movement in the direction the target is moving will help. Hard rights from post 4 and 5 statistically are easier presentations than straight aways.

Maltz

5. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Try grasping the grip very, very firmly and pulling the stock tightly into your shoulder making the gun one with you and of course keep your head firmly on the comb.

Surfer

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Cross firing. When shooting hard rights from post 4 & 5 the left eye sees the target first and tends to increase the likely hood of a cross fire. I am assuming you are righthanded, right eye dominant. If not disregard the above evaluation. HMB

7. Brandon401401

Brandon401401 TS Member

They seem so hard at first but once you learn how to break them its simple. 1. Good firm hold on your gun. 2. Hold low on right side of trap house. 3. When target appears FOLLOW EXACT FLIGHT PATH once your barrel passes bird squeeze the trigger. (follow through) The rest is history. The #1 key is to follow the exact flight path. Do this at all post and watch your scores increase. High gun hold is only for the pros.
    Brandon

8. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Psych! See the rings on the bird, and follow through.

The right thrown birds to a right hanger seem to be going faster, and like they are traveling away from the shooter. Creates panic, especially if you are thinking , oh chit! The birds to the left seem like they are right in front of you. Like I say, psych.

9. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Body swing and eye on the target.......Some people like to swing from the waist and some from the knees.

10. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

Try setting up facing more to the right on those posts. You can only swing so far before the gun comes off your face and you reflexively pull the trigger because you ran out of swing. If you set up facing farther to your right you will have more arc of swing in that direction.

11. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I tried this practice technique a few years back, and it works for me.

I set up what amounts to stations "6" and "7" at 16 yards. I lock down the trap house to throw only hard right targets. I then shoot two, or so, complete rounds from those stations.

It helped me move the gun a bit faster, and keep my head down on the stock.

It also works for hard left practice from stations "0" and "-1".

Best,
    Dennis

12. Pull-it!

Pull-it! Member

That is some great info guys. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.