1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Miss America 1944 uses gun to stop intruder

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    WAYNESBURG, Ky. — Miss America 1944 has a talent that likely has never appeared on a beauty pageant stage: She fired a handgun to shoot out a vehicle's tires and stop an intruder.<br>
    <br>
    Venus Ramey, 82, confronted a man on her farm in south-central Kentucky last week after she saw her dog run into a storage building where thieves had previously made off with old farm equipment.<br>
    <br>
    Ramey said the man told her he would leave. "I said, 'Oh, no you won't,' and I shot their tires so they couldn't leave," Ramey said.<br>
    <br>
    She had to balance on her walker as she pulled out a snub-nosed .38-caliber handgun.<br>
    <br>
    "I didn't even think twice. I just went and did it," she said. "If they'd even dared come close to me, they'd be 6 feet under by now."<br>
    <br>
    Ramey then flagged down a passing motorist, who called 911.<br>
    <br>
    Curtis Parrish of Ohio was charged with misdemeanor trespassing, Deputy Dan Gilliam said. The man's hometown wasn't immediately available. Three other people were questioned but were not arrested.<br>
    <br>
    After winning the pageant with her singing, dancing and comedic talents, Ramey sold war bonds and her picture was adorned on a B-17 that made missions over Germany in World War II, according to the Miss America Web site.<br>
    <br>
    Ramey lived in Cincinnati for several years and was instrumental in helping rejuvenate Over-the-Rhine historic buildings. She returned to Kentucky in 1990 to live on her farm.<br>
    <br>
    "I'm trying to live a quiet, peaceful life and stay out of trouble, and all it is, is one thing after another," she said.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,267540,00.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.