1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Misfires w/ Wolf Primers

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ceil, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceil

Ceil Member

I am having misfires with Wolf primers in AA hulls. I shoot a MX8 and had the trigger and receiver serviced by Doug Braker. I get 2-4 misfires per 25 shells. Normally will fire the second time. Anyone else having the same experience?
    Thanks Ceil

2. fishguts

fishguts Member

I have mis-fires when shooting Wolf primers in my Ljutic Mono-Gun, Usually only with AA reloads.

Wayne

3. mike b.

mike b. Member

Absolutely no misfires to date (6000+) in Rem. hulls.

4. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I use Wolfs almost exclusively, and get bangs every time. Even my SuperX2 which gives light primers hits (very shallow dents) they always go Bang. I believe you may have an issue with your gun or reloads.

AndyH ;-)

5. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

May be why wolfe has small rifle and small pistol primers available. Junk is junk. Had several misfires in all the wolfe I have ever tried.

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Not a one in over 7000, work great in both my 90T & Kolar and my son's Browning Gold semi-auto

7. reelfoot

reelfoot TS Member

I have used nearly 15,000 and have never had any that failed to fire. I use both AA's and STS's. In my experience they are more reliable than Win's, and certainly better in cold weather than Nobel Sports.

8. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I shot 10k and I believe there was one misfire.

I had two factory STS in last year not fire.....

My only problem is getting more of them.

SW

9. Bucko43

Bucko43 Well-Known Member

I've shot over 5000 AA Red hulls with Wolf primers and not one mis-fire. I shoot a Ljutic, a Beretta and a Browning XT, and not one mis-fire. I actually am starting to prefer the Wolf over the Winchester 209's. They're not as hot as the Win 209's and don't kick as much.

You should probably have your hammer springs checked or replaced. If the hammer is not hitting the primer hard enough to set it off, I would say that's a mechanical issue.

Kevin

10. missemucho

missemucho Member

I'm closing in on 15k shot out of my XT and I've can't remember ever having a misfire. I am a senior citizen, however.
    John

11. RAU

RAU Member

Ceil

I had the same problem with the Wolf's at first.

The shell would always go off the second time. I set more pressure on my

primer seating on my mec loader. After 20,000+ rounds I have not had one fail

fire the first time now. I do believe the primer was not seating in all the

way befor. (The first attempt to fire the round would seat the primer then the

second attempt would go off.)

Thanks....Rick

12. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

yes I have this problem. I would have 3 or 4 per 25, then shoot 75 straight, then 3 or 4 more. Sometimes it would go off the second time, but alot of times it wouldn't fire in my Ljutic. Turned and loaded Cheddittes and had 0 misfires. Went back to the wolfes and had misfires again. Looked at the hits. The Wolfes have a light hit and Cheddittes have a heavy hit. This is out of the same gun. This is my experience. If anyone close to Dayton wants to trade my Wolfes for Cheddittes or similiar pm me or acdlship@hotmail.com. Birdtracker

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.