1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Misfire on bottom barrel

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hinkton, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

Hi Has anyone been able to solve the problem of the bottom barrel not going of, by using a softer hitting primer? I think that the federal primer has a lower impact test then soom of the other primers. Could this simple changing of the type of primer used make the difference? Thanks Hank

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

You didn't mention brand of gun, but I'll bet it's a Browning. Typical issue....do a search and you'll find what you need to know!

AndyH ;-)

3. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

Sorry, The gun is a Krieghoff model 32

4. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

Durning the Kentucky State shoot last week I had (4) brand new Remington STS shells that failed on the bottom barrel. I was shooting a Remington 3200 at the time. Had two on the first trap and two on the second trap. I rotated the shell 90 degrees and put them in the top barrel, both fired the second time. I looked at the original indents on the shells and they were deep enough for the shell to go off on the first hit. With the amount of production all the shell companies are doing and the lack of quality control this is going to be a problem for a long time. I spoke to one company QC manager and simply put his statement to me was and I quote. "There is no reward for us to be better and shooters are basically dumb, all we have to do is make them cheap enough and they will but them good or bad. When the shells don't go off the shooter just blames the gun and we don't suffer the backlash." End of quote. Sad but it is a very true statement, I know that this is going to cause rants and raves but the man was telling me the truth. These shell companies just don't care, it's all about the bottom line.

Dennis DeVault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

blaser f16 bottom barrel misfire