1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Misconceptions vs Reality

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chichay, Feb 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Interesting reading.

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I bet when you separate goods from services you find the vast majority of spending IS in overseas made product. To combine goods AND services in the same report is disingenuous. OF COURSE the vast majority of services is American, but a lot of jobs in production of GOODS is lost to overseas stuff.

3. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

wireguy, and I will bet you are wrong. The US is still the largest manufacturer in the world.

4. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

That was very interesting and informative reading.

5. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Lucky you didn't post this in the political section or you, and your article would have been called idiotic.

JG,

Congratulations on the sophisticated side of reality response. I hope it lasts. Jon

6. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

There are also quite a few companies "reshoring" because the price of shipping and they say all the good manufactures in China are building stuff for themselves and subcontracting with low quality producers for the products shipped to us

The had been quit a bit of talk about this in the trade magazines I get bombarded with each month, I really like them some good fairly unbiased stuff in them

There still might be some hope

7. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Really an eye opener. Mike.

8. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I found this very interesting:

"The largest holder of U.S. debt is the federal government itself. Various government trust funds like the Social Security trust fund own about $4.4 trillion worth of Treasury securities. The Federal Reserve owns another $1.6 trillion.

Both are unique owners: Interest paid on debt held by federal trust funds is used to cover a portion of federal spending, and the vast majority of interest earned by the Federal Reserve is remitted back to the U.S. Treasury."

I wonder just how long we can continue borrowing money from ourselves????

9. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

As long as they keep printing it and other governments keep buying it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.