1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Miroku SBT Model 902/ 90-2????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ExFedex, Aug 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Does anyone know where parts can be had for this gun? Wisners does not make the locking block parts so no luck there. Belongs to a friend who wants to sell it but top lever runs out of opening travel with a few thousandths of "lock" still engaged making opening difficult. Am guessing this is an early 60's gun made to compete with BT-99 and Ithaca Century type trap guns. Thanks for your input.

2. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

Does this gun have the tapered beaver tail forearm like the early BT-99's? Is the extractor a round disk on a lift pin? Or does it have a contoured extractor to fit the radius of the hull like a BT99?

Surfer

3. Guy

Guy Member

http://www.wisnersinc.com/shotguns/shotgun_start.html

4. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

It has the tapered beavertail forearm like the one found on early/original BT-99 guns and the ejector/extractor is contoured to the shell head. The locking lug is springloaded and is part of the monoblock assembly, not built into the receiver like other guns. Very pretty gun.

5. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

6. dead on 4

Wisner's has already been given to you, I would also try B&C Gunsmithing in Lake Havasu, Arizona. Phone 928/854-8209 or bmcgunsupplies@npgcable.com

I think its Bobby at B&C who worked for the original Daly importer in New York, regardless they're very experienced repairing these guns.

Sure would like to you post a picture of this gun

Surfer

7. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Surfer; Thanks for the tip. I will let my friend know. Sorry about photos but he picked the gun up yesterday. Several years ago a shooter at our club who owned a Pawn shop brought the same model Miroku SBT out to the range. It was a work of art, both metal and wood, gold inlays, etc. all factory. Guy selling it was a retired Merchant Marine who bought it in Japan before 1969. Never fired it. These deals never happen to me!

8. dead on 4

Miroku has been building quality guns since post WW II are held in much higher regard outside the U.S.. Any of the Miroku built Charles Daly will stand against any equal grade Browning out of their FN plant for quality, fit and finish.
    It's kinda odd Miroku ended up with a majority stake in both Browning and Winchester buliding most of their current production and they Miroku are part of a larger Italian concern.

When you friend is ready to sell, I may have an interest in his gun.

Surfer

9. ExFedex

ExFedex Active Member

Surfer; You have a PM about the Miroku.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

miroku 90-2

miroku 902 trap gun

miroku mod 90-1

moroku 90-2