1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minnesota Trap Assoc. web site?????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ntgr8, Jun 19, 2013.

1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Who ever is in charge of the MTA web site should do some updating, Mn zone shoot program is not shown. Mn State program is not shown. Didn't get a state program in the mail,so am confused about what happens and when. Ron Baker was doing a great job with his web site but the board in all of its infinite wisdom decided it wanted to control the site. Now it seems that nothing is the MTA site policy I can find all about the last 100 years but nothing new. Come on people lets get this thing up to date

2. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I think the "official" site is very cumbersome to begin with. It seems full of stuff that doesn't matter and is missing some things that are vital. I also hate the color scheme.

Done venting for the moment.

Bob

4. Whack 'em

Whack 'em Member

Here's a link to an abbreviated version of the State Shoot program.

5. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Got my State program in the mail today.

I still think the MTA web site needs some help.

6. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions. The State Shoot program is a bear to create and print, as advertising and sponsorships usually come in at the last minute and most need me to recreate or just make their ads for them. This year each Minnesota gun club throwing registered targets supported the State Shoot with a half page ad--which bumped us WAY over our 68 page maximum.

To deal with this and prevent the additional $2200 in printing and mailing costs of a larger program, I removed the past champions pages which, as a professional working in the history world, hurt a LOT. I've created a historic booklet with all the removed information, plus some great pictures, that will be available at the State Shoot.

If you would like to receive a full program please email me at mta.secretary.org.

As for the website, we now (as of last night) have a new webmaster. Please allow us some time to work out the kinks as we help this new person get acquainted with all things trapshooting!

Sally Stevens, Secretary
    Minnesota Trapshooting Association

7. bas

bas Member

CalamitySJ...most probably, a lot of people need to "walk in your shoes". Not only for all you do, but when it comes to putting together the state shoot program - and with the added advertising, which was great...it does add to the cost and time to add the necessary pages to the program and position all and then have to make a decision on what to eliminate to get the program to a manageable size. It sounds as though you are creating the program versus "farming" it out to a graphics house. Which ALSO is saving the association a lot of $$$$. I am not a MN resident, but I can tell you, I appreciate everything you are doing for the Association.

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

The MN State Shoot program is now on the MTA website, click the above link, along with a link to PreSquad.com for those that want to pre-squad.

As Sally stated, we do have a new webmaster and items will be updated as they are sent in.

Jim W

9. jamie65

jamie65 Member

sally, nice job to you and others on the 2013 state shoot program. for the last several years our mta web site has been hard to navigate and short of current and useful information.i hope the new webmaster will check out websites from some of the other states as most of them are simple to use and very informative. thank you again for your time and effort / jamie65

10. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

If you read my original post you will see that I was not picking on Sally or the State program. I said I didn't get a program so went to the web site and could find little or nothing up to date, thus my rant about the web site. Sally is A1 in my book.

11. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Sally is A1 in my book as well. She puts a lot of energy into the job and we should all appreciate that.

So glad to hear we have a new webmaster.

Bob

12. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Wow, thanks guys! You'd think I was up for re-election this year--wait, I am! Seriously, it's my pleasure to serve, and trapshooters are the best people I know so it makes it easy to help.

ntgr8, not once did I think that you were picking on me so no worries there. Never even crossed my mind. You expressed a concern and I do believe that it has been addressed--we need to hear constructive criticism from shooters in order to help make the MTA better.

While I'm at it, a special THANK YOU to Jim Walkowiak for all his hard work getting our website issues resolved. Jim W is no longer on the board but has volunteered as website liaison for many years and has worked especially hard this past month getting things arranged, especially since our State Shoot is right around the corner.

Looking forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks!

13. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Thanks to the Kudo's for Sally. She is #1 in my book too. That is why I married her! Sally does an enormous amount of work for the ATA, MTA and all my programs. I believe her quality of work is fantastic, but it is very long on hours, and always met with criticism from some. To see some thank you's is great, for they are few. Sally did not want this job, but has grown to like it, after being appointed. It has little reward other than to serve others. The thanks are few and far between, and I for one love what she does. I believe the program to be top notch, but that even drew criticism right away. bas, you hit the nail right square on the head, "walk a mile in her shoes" notg8t, Sally knows whom you are, and where you live, and lucky for you she knows you are a lot like me. Old and cranky, but she would never hate you and always is looking for comments about what she can do better. I know I hear the questions every day, at least twice, What can I do to make your day better? Can I get you anything? Can I do any thing for you? Sally is a giver, and thank yous go a long way with her. I thank god for her every day!

Mark Stevens