1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minnesota State Trap Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Sixshooter, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

The Minnesota State Trap shoot concluded Sunday with the first perfect 100 from the twenty-seven yardline in our state handicap championship history with longtime Minnesota shooter Scott Gens winning his second career handicap title.

It was a fitting end to a great shoot. There were many great things happening at our shoot this year. Attendance was up significantly and at near record levels for us. Our fund raising efforts for our youth program were wildly successful with our live and silent auctions netting our associations youth fund over $27,000! All events started on time and the switch overs between events were almost seamless. I must have had thirty different shooters, both resident and non-resident alike stop me and express their satisfaction with our shoot. The grounds were in great shape as was the equipment as we experienced almost no trap machine difficulties.

I want to first thank the Alexandria Club staff for just a super job. Steve and Lavern Schmidt and Tom and Cindy Townsend worked their butts off all week to make sure our shooter customers had the best time possible. I want to thank the donors of our auction items for their great donations. Particularily Jack Swanson, Dennis DeVault, Gordon Smith, and Bruce Bowen whose donations brought significant sums in our auctions. I want to thank Sherry and Josh DeJong whose very generous donation in honor of long time Minnesota shooter Larry Freeman netted our Association's youth fund $10,000. I want to thank all the buyers of our auction items who in many cases paid more then fair prices for their purchases knowing the extra was an investment in our trap shooting future. I also want to thank our event sponsors, Remington, Kolar, Cabelas, Viking Savings, Pride Engineering, and Recob's Target Shop. Their financial help makes a big difference in our bottom line. I also want to thank the shooters for coming to our shoot and giving us the chance to earn your business for next year. And last, I want to thank the fellow members of our Board for their hard work at the shoot. It's tough to shoot your best when you are working the shoot but sometimes seeing the results are more satisfying the winning the trophy.

Hope to see everyone back next year and bring your friends. Next years youth auction is already looking to be even better as we have a new Infinity Shotgun generously donated by Dennis DeVault. It's a great gun for a great cause. Look for more state shoot information in Trap and Field shoot reports, in the article I write for Neil Winston in the state delegates section of Trap and Field, and in Minnesota State Newsletters that we send to all MTA members and Non-Resident attendees of our state shoot.

Mark Zauhar, MTA President

2. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

Count me as number 31 Mark.

Very nice shoot and good time.

Great shooting to btw.

3. C1

C1 Member

Scott Gens seems to me to be the best kept secret in Minnesota trapshooting.

4. OldMnGopher

OldMnGopher TS Member

Its no secret to us Minnesota shooters, Scott is about as good as it gets..

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The only hesitation I heard was very like the Grand last year - the security was at times over-present even oppressive. To cut down costs, the MTA replaced the costly State Highway Patrol officers with canine teams which were far more affordable, but seemed to be everywhere! I myself was hassled by the crew pictured below, but was able to snap a surreptitious photo of the "bulls" so others here can beat a retreat when they show up to ask for FOID's and dog biscuits and so on.

[​IMG]

Neil

6. shotgunfun

shotgunfun TS Member

Nice picture of Bob and his crew.......the last time I saw them they were headed to downtown Doniphan NE. Everyone cruised the main street in their golf carts at night......maybe they were working for Doniphan......

See everyone at the Grand soon......maybe they will hire him! :eek:) Undercover security.

Lorna

7. Ertz

Ertz Member

Great shoot! Well run and organized. Good job to everyone!

I will remember this shoot until the day I die. After five years of shooting my wonderful wife Nancy got her first 25 straight. It is my most memorable trap shooting experience.

8. Luelife

Luelife TS Member

Ertz ---when Abby & Alex got back from dog sitting Duke they said Nancy broke her first 25!!....they were very excited for her.. GOOD JOB....Keep them coming Nancy! Annie

9. kitzmodel12

kitzmodel12 TS Member

Thanks go out to the crew of the Alexandria shooting park. They were extremely helpful to my family for allowing my youngest son to shoot practice during the events. They pinned down the trap to shoot straightaways and I made a bet with him that if he ran an 18 I'd let him shoot with the "Big Boys." He ran an 18 on friday and then I'll be dog goned if he didn't hit a 19 on post 3 with the trap set normally.

With one son already shooting I guess it will be getting REALLY expensive when this one is old enough.

Thanks again!!!!

Chris Kittleson
    North Dakota

10. primed

primed Well-Known Member

This is the first shoot I can remember where I heard no complaints about anything (except for the wind) by anyone. It was a GREAT shoot. Kudos to all involved.

Bob

11. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

12. Sixshooter

Sixshooter TS Member

Gosh Denny, I don't have a clue who that could be. Since you left Minnesota, things have been quiet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

state trap shoot mn