1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minnesota state shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by t-bar, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t-bar

t-bar Member

Dean Neumann was high gun in the hdcp. 96, next highest score was 94. Pretty tough shooting this weekend, 40mpg winds. Lots of scores in the low 80's or lower.

Sgls champ was Scott Gens, 195 I think. Harlan Campbell won non-res with 198, beating Dusty Klein in a rainy shootoff. Dusty had the only 100 yesterday.

bar

2. primed

primed Well-Known Member

It was just a little breezy. Unbroken targets will probably be landing in Wisconsin for the next day or so.

Bob

3. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

One thing that happened, Denny, is that the voters at the Members' Annual Meeting re-elected me as their Delegate, as they have every time I have run for the last generation. I'd like to thank them publicly here for the confidence their votes express for me personally and my own approach to to job which, as I said over and over at the meeting, is based exclusively on the ATA rulebook and its commitment to the fair treatment of its sportsman-members.

Neil Winston, Minnesota Delegate and ATA President

4. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

I shot Friday through Sunday in my opinion the wind was more than brutal. I worked very hard to manage a long run of 15 on the 200 singles.

As far as the members meeting doggai said it best the last statement made in regards to Niels many years of service i felt was out of line. It reminded me of a lawyer in a cheap suit grasping for straws to make his case.

Neil Winston is the best friend the Trapshooters have. And I can only hope Niel continues to serve us.

5. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

What was the $$$ amount in the Infinity Gun Auction?

Matt

6. Texota

Texota TS Member

Mr. Winston's contributions to the ATA and the MTA are priceless. Remarks made by his opponent were poorly researched and reflected some of the true character the opponent has. IE(a few): his errors in the program, not visiting the ATA club of the year even though it is in his home state, failure to differentiate the MTA is not-for-profit and not a for-profit enterprise, degrading remarks towards volunteers, and verbally bashing a person whom was elected into the MN Hall of Fame, and claims that he has done almost everything to make the MTA what it is. Unfortunately, in the state of MN very few people come to the Annual meeting because it has become a "old boys" or "Camper club" and there is little hope of seeing new officers elected or new volunteers moving up.

I truly hope the MTA board steps up and places a limitation on the terms in the board and I hope Neil Winston continues to be our Delegate for many more years to come.

Texota

7. Neil Winston

Thanks, guys, I needed that. I really appreciate your support and the regard you express for the the 20 years I've spent doing my best to improve the sport of trapshooting for everyone, from class D to class AAA, nineteen yards to 27.

I am by nature a retiring, non-flamboyant person; that's why I spent so much time recounting the things I've gotten done. They are things that I think few of you ever connected with me since they are buried, for the most part, in the back pages of BOD minutes where few spend much time. I knew I was talking overlong but I had a case to make and unfortunately, the attendees paid the price, being lectured on subjects so arcane that they wore out their cuffs turning their wrists to check a watch. But when it came time to write their vote they forgave me and that shows me that they are, as I have always thought, worth fighting for.

Neil

8. Luelife

Luelife TS Member

To get back to Denny's original question - Congratulations to Scott Gens for winning the Singles Championship - now he has won all 5 state titles!!! Congratulations also go to Katie Townsend for winning the Ladies Championship - her first - she shot fantastic!! I want to Congratulate all the other winners but I can't remember them all - but as soon as they are recorded on the MTA web page we will all know who they are. LouAnn Munson

9. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

I wasn't paying much attention during the auction and i thought the gun sold for $7.500.00 or about. Didn't know the buyer.

Fridays double champion was Jim Bruce from Rochester with a lone 97. I believe he even surprised him self. Jim has been shooting a lot of sporting clays lately and maybe that helped considering the wind. The targets were very sporting.

10. Luelife

Luelife TS Member

Denny - I found my auction sheet so now I can tell you who bought the guns...
    The 11-87 Remington Youth Model Shotgun - Craig Hart. The American Arms 10 gauge shotgun - Josh DeJong. The Remington 1100 Classic Trap Gun - Glenn Lonneman. The Custon Infinity Shotgun donated by Dennis DeVault of DeVault Industries - Craig Hart and the really cute little female lab puppy was bought by Darwin Coffield.
    Congratulations to the Doubles Champion - James Bruce and to the Handicap Champion - Dean Neumann...

11. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

This was my first trip, ever, to the Minnesota State Shoot. From a shooting standpoint, the wind kicked my behind, and so did all 4 ladies whom I shot with in the Singles Championship. Wow! It seemed like I missed every other one. And, they just pounded one after another. I could not get it going, at all. However, the friends whom I have made over the years did make the trip, very worthwhile. They accept me for who I am, not for the trap score I did not shoot. With every turn, someone would greet me with that Minnesota welcome that prevails with most everyone who lives there. Pat, you are the real deal. Del, your're my main man. Thanks Jon for the free welding. Leigh, I hope if I ever get stuck in a room full of liberal politicians, that you are there with me to talk. And Neil, to remind me of a pre-squad fee from 5 years ago that you felt you owed me, come on. Who is that honest, these days? Thanks Minnesota! I will be back, for sure; even if the wind blows and my scores suck; I will come back and try again; and again. Steve

12. hairy

hairy TS Member

Steve, I think you can come back for many years before we will have wind like that again.

13. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Knock on a big piece of walnut, Hairy!

14. Steven R. Scheib

Steven R. Scheib TS Member

I also wanted to that Jim W. for the post in his squad on Sunday. Great group of guys and you had to work hard to stay one up on the boys in that group. Thanks Jim. I really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you at Iowa!

15. Neil Winston

Tim, in answer to your question about written votes, it is my understanding that none of Lou's proposals received a majority vote.

The other motion, however, did pass. That was to direct the MTA board to change a number in a new By-law provision from thirty to ten, resulting in, when accomplished, the following text:

"1.9.c.

Members wishing to add business that would require a motion or a floor vote, to the agenda of the annual meeting must do so in writing and submit such request to the Secretary of the corporation no less than ten (10) days prior to the start of the annual meeting."

Neil

16. Zig

Zig TS Member

congratulations Neil!!

kyle shelstad

17. Verita

Verita TS Member

Wow.

It looks like B.G.C./Wally Shelstad has figured out if you write a message, then delete it right away, the thread still goes to the top of the list in the forum with no "apparent" evidential proof of being the "to the top bumper."

I invite you to click on the "Show Deleted Messages" link at the top of this page to see what pitiful temper tantrums people will throw while they're grasping at short straws. Although after a long drought, finally winning something would cause such pathetic revelry. (Offensive? Good, then my point is made. Stooping too low? Pot calling the kettle black.)

The people of Minnesota obviously appreciate, support, and are confident in "Neil's opponents" abilities, or they wouldn't have elected him President an unprecedented 4 years in a row (a much more contested race than that of the Delegate). Coming on a public social forum and "secretively" and maliciously trying to harm him (and by extension, the MTA) will do nothing but show the true colors of his and (those for the betterment of) the MTA's opposition.

The MTA Website and any of the past issues of Trap & Field are crawling with information showing improvements within the Association since "Neil's Opponent" has gotten involved. None of which needs to be listed here since the members of the Minnesota Trapshooters Association obviously see the successes that both embrace the present and ensure the future of trapshooting in Minnesota.

If you really wanted to know what went on at the Minnesota State Shoot, ask the membership. With minor exceptions, they're obviously extremely pleased with the MTA, their President, and their Delegate.

Here is to the future of trapshooting (notably in the State of Minnesota), the membership that makes it possible, and the Presidents who will lead directors, contributers, supporters, and volunteers on his push through strong adversity to continue to support, preserve, increase, and represent what this sport can be and will be.

G.J.
    <BR>
    Anoka, Minnesota

18. Verita

Verita TS Member

Edited for accidental post duplication. Al Gore should have done a better job of "inventing" the intranet.

19. Texota

Texota TS Member

TO GJ in Anoka -
    The Remarks related to Neil's Opponent/Mark Zauhar go beyond the State Shoot election. He has done numerous things to improve the MTA/ATA but that doesn't mean he is the best or only candidate that should represent the MTA. His actions have lead to the resignation of numerous volunteers and I know of 1 MTA board member who wants to resign from the MTA due to some of the rants the MTA president has gone off on outside of the public realm. This doesn't benefit the MTA.

Also, its hard to get elected to the MTA when out of all the shooters in the state of MN, a very small portion are reflected at the annual meeting. IF you stack the deck at the MTA meeting, you will win.

I think if more of the dirty laundry was aired out that it may lead to a change in the MTA Board and promote an overall growth of the sport in MN. Im glad Mark can go all over the US and represent the MTA and that he has helped grow the youth auction but I believe Mark has become the Czar of the MTA rather than listens to the other members and volunteers. You cant claim all the success of the MTA for yourself...or can you.

I also believe, if more people become involved with the MTA and shooting that our sport will benefit and some of the infighting will be resolved. This cannot happen with the current state of affairs. My questions for the MTA:

1) Will there be an order limiting the number of terms to prevent people being forced to serve/delegated on the board for numerous terms or prevent the stacking of the deck on the board?
    2) Will the Awards Banquet be held separate from the MTA youth auction?
    3) Will there ever be an option for absentee balloting?
    4) Does the current change in the MTA regs change all terms to 2 years (e.g. delegates, zone directors, VP, Pres, Secretary, etc).

There are more but why ask.

This note is not wrote by the MTA/BGC/Or Mr. Shelsted but a concerned shooter who discussed issues with other common day shooters after the MTA annual meeting occurred and we found some things at the 2008 shoot offensive. I also like to point out that Neil has been in the Trapshooters website and Trap & Field (and other published articles) for many years promoting our sport and holds a wealth of knowledge that we should appreciate rather than attack. Also, he has been a very generous donor to the ATA and the MTA for a very long time. We need more donors and stewards of Trapshooting like him. I think the MTA actually lost outside donors this year (EG:KOlar Arms) and due to errors in the Program, Ive heard advertisers have been requesting refunds from the MTA.

If more people got involved behind the closed doors, I think they would see a different picture and see some of the damage done to the MTA in addition to the growth.

Heres to the MTA future!

20. nothin but dust

nothin but dust TS Member

From the looks of it people really dont respect mark the way they should!!! If you think you could do a better job than him why dont you run for president instead of sitting back and talking smack about him! He has done more for this state than any of the previous presidents have!! He has just about tripled the value of the youth action and put very nice items into it!! Guess if you dont like his work he has done for minnesota you dont like the sport.

Thanks mark for all your hard work!!!
    Up for pride!

Josh Dejong

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

2009 minnesota trap shoot scott gens

minnesota state trap shoot

mn state trap shoot results

neil winston ata president

state mn trap shoot