1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minnesota shooters...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by The Literalist, Sep 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

As retirement isn't too far off, I've been doing some planning, naturally, and the political atmosphere in the Mosquito State has saddened me.

Therefore, I hereby announce that I'm considering returning to MN and am (as the politicians say) "Testing the waters" for a run at the presidency of the MTA. I'd prefer to be dictator for life, but that may be asking too much.

My platform is simple: We'll have a good time shooting.

My agenda: None but to eliminate as many squabbles as possible. I have no favorites, I dislike everyone up there equally. I do, however, have a chosen spot for Mark Z. He will load the traphouses during the state shoot. (No sense him shooting as I'll win everything)

OK, now...will anyone step up and endorse me? Or say you'll vote for me? My retirement planning is stalled until I know whether to order a crown and throne.

Sincerely,

Reverend Spurling (but you can call me "Your highness" if you prefer)

2. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

You have mine too

3. guido

guido Member

OH BOY!

4. Nuts

Nuts TS Member

Sounds like your time in office will be interesting..and possibly entertaining.

5. OldMnGopher

OldMnGopher TS Member

Denny, I will be happy to nominate you if you so please. Let me know, and I will start working on nomination speach. Bob

6. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

I'll second the nomination if you promise, thats what politicians do, that everyone who pays you, I mean to you personally, $5.00, and they can be on the state team. We can't have too many you know.

Jimmy Bowen

7. The Literalist

Well, the campaign is off and running. I have the best singles shooter in the country to nominate me...Generous Jimmy to second...and Carl, my Ohioan shooting partner, too. And handlepuller has voted "aye."

Hmmm. That's 4 votes. I've gotta do better than that. Maybe if I expand on what I propose:

First, I want to wear a crown while presiding over meetings. It will be tasteful, not gaudy.

second, I want Rich R. to prepare some legal mumbo-jumbo to be read after the voting. (Don't care what it says, but it will be impressive with lots of Latin "plurbuses (plurbae?)" and "hocs" and "Vinces" and stuff.)

Oh, and I'd like a small coronation immediately following the meeting in which I'm elected. If the Munson family singers would warble "Hail To The Chief", that would be a nice touch.

I want Denny Steinhaus to crown me (I'll bend waaaay over so he can reach all the way up).

And we're gonna take a look at this "everything is free" crap for youth shooters.

The state team will be composed of the top 40 shooters...each named a co-captain.

Of course I expect to name a nice group of advisors for various tasks. I'll be giving this consideration as I develop my to-do list.

Now...who else will sound the clarion trumpet blast for my election?? Surely there are manly men among so good a group who will support me. (and lovely women, too, of course)

Can I hear it from Buffalo? Metro? MPLS? Owatonna? St Cloud? and the other fine clubs in the land of lakes!?

Remember, you wouldn't simply be getting fine leadership...you'd be getting handsome, too.

8. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Denny,

Bob is just a singles shooter?......wasn't he the Handicap Champ? I am confused, but I will vote for you. Do I have to give up Montana as my residence?

Rick in Mt/Mn

9. The Literalist

Vance & Hines,

Wally is on the correct site as I asked support from Minnesota shooters. I started this thread and it's not a them or me thing.

The main role of newly elected officers should be to try to eliminate anger like you continue to show. Bob, you're nearly wild with anger. Why? Our goal should be to break 100 straight...and hatred for other shooters doesn't get you one more bird.

Trapshooting is a sport, for crying out loud. It's supposed to be fun. While there is business to take care of, the job of MTA reps is to promote shooting and ensure a smooth year of fun-filled competitions in the sport we all care about.

Violence, name-calling (except for fun among friends), threats, and bad blood feuds need to be culled from our activities for these things to happen.

You can help smooth the waters. If you don't like the Buffalo GC...don't go there. If you don't like some shooters, ignore them.

But for goodness sakes, you surely have the discipline to be a gentleman, don't you?

10. The Literalist

Well, let's forget this thread. Wiltse, in his anger, has taken the fun that was intended out of it.

So, move along folks, nothing more to see in this car wreck.

11. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Your turn, Lit.

Hauxfan!

12. The Literalist

No Haux, I'll send a PM to Bob instead.

Bob: Check your PM.

13. The Literalist

I sent it back when I first posted to you. You didn't get it? I sent to the Vance & Hines link.

Are you logged in under a different handle? According to the site, you retrieved it. ??

Give me your email (send to above address)and I'll copy and send it.

14. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

Lit,

You might want to stop by the Bait and Tackle for some 20# test. Awful lot of chum out there for that little bitty skiff......

15. The Literalist

Bob, email sent.

Oh, and WS-1 isn't Wally.

16. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Denny....don't bring a banjo and country-boy wit to a gun fight. Instead of a crown, you will need a helmet. Arm yourself, bring a lawyer. Stop in Iowa to see the clowns. We can discuss tactics, gumbo, and trapshooting.

For the record, your still a bonehead.......Maltzie

17. The Literalist

Maltzie, if I decide to become king, the SW Iowa Clowns will be my court. You all will have to come up for the meetings and just sit around in plain sight.

Your presence should scare off anyone who wants to give me grief.

I remember the time at the MN state shoot when you and I scared some folks...sitting around drinking Scotch from a quart bottle to wash down brownies. A fine day for us! But that was the day you ran the 200 singles and shot about 2 flats of shells in the shootoff!!

Nope, I always come armed to do battle...and you'll help! :)

Oh, email me with some shoots coming up (Jackpots, whatever) I'm loaded up and ready to get back at 'em. Hope Bobby can join us before too long.

18. The Literalist

OK, shooters, since we'll have no more fighting on here, I need more endorsements. I have selected the crown and bought it on layaway (I'll have MTA pay it immediately after the coronation.)

Some of the first items of my reign will include:

A recognition that kids should not get everything paid for by others. Even in HS football, they have to pay an activity fee, plus have fundraisers, and buy shoes, jocks, and cold weather undergarments.

Next, we're gonna look at naming me to the Hall of Fame immediately upon my return to Minnesota.

Mark Z. will raffle a gun each year, the revenue to go toward my expenses (also, his motorhome must be filled with easily-accessible beer at all times).

I don't think free meals for my visits to the various clubs would be any hardship on my subjects.

If addressing any gathering of shooters, Neil Winston will only be allowed to speak in Czech.

Semi-Ray will be required to shoot the same gun for an entire year.

The Munsons shall be present at all shoots I attend. Their family singers will sing Hail to The Chief" as I arrive. In addition, Doubles Boy Eric will carry my gun from trap to trap.

Rick Nelson will call me regularly with updates on crop prices and handle my purchases of said same. Rick, I expect to buy low...sell high (I think you get the drift)

The SW Iowa Clowns shall be declared residents of MN during our state shoot (or revert to non-residents if the trophy is better).

Much more will be forthcoming as the plan develops.

Oh, I'll be happy to entertain suggestions if I agree with them. Please post them here...and be nice!!

19. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Scotch and brownies??? *GAG*

Were those brownies laced with any crops that you're buying and selling?

20. maltzahn

maltzahn Active Member

Boy's....I do remeber that night. Me and the literalist drank all the beer in my cooler. Then we went to Wallies to visit with the locals. All I had was the scotch at that point, but it is one of my fav's, especially with brownies. Ya...scotch and brownies do go together. I remeber that I started out "smart and rich" drunk at Wally's trailer. Moved on to "invisable" drunk, you know... where ya try to pick up women while with your wife. The Lit desided it was time to leave before I get into trouble. Went to the Motel, got the room and headed for the bar. Soon it was obvious it had progressed to "knee walkin" drunk and decided to bounce off the walls to get to the room before I became "commode hungin" drunk. Just got settled into my comfy bed when the Literalist and the MTA President busted into the room and yanked my poor dumb hillbilly nude butt out of bed. I believe for another drink. Lucky I wern't armed at that point, or we wouldn't be havin' this conversation.

Sorry for the embarrassment, Wallyboy...and thanks for the lead. She was my kind of girl. A little on the ohbig size, but never said "no", U da man.

Maltzie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.