1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minnesota shooter passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by whiz-bang, Sep 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

It is with deep regret that I announce the passing of Sue Gillard of Glenville Minnesota. Sue passed on Tuesday nite at her home in Glenville. Sue just retired as a school teacher and was looking fore ward to her retirement. Sue was a avid Trap shooter and came from a shooting family. Sue competed in many shoots including the Minnesota state shoot as well as Iowa,Missouri and South Dakota as well as many others. I shot with Sue at all these shoots and she will be deeply missed. Condolences to the family.

Jim Dickman

2. t-bar

t-bar Member

So sorry to hear about Sue. She won a trophy at the Heartland Grand, I visited with her awhile when I took her picture for Trap @ Field. Condolences to her family and friends.

Barb

3. Rays

Rays TS Member

Sorry to hear of Sue's passing.Her smiling face will be missed.My condolences to her family. Ray Steffenson

4. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

I am totally shocked and saddened by this news--I can hardly believe it. Mark and I send our deepest sympathy out to her family. Sue was always so gentle and sweet, you just felt a little better after talking with her.

Mark & Sally Stevens

Here is one of my favourite pictures of Sue, taken at our State Shoot:

calamitysj_2008_3010144.jpg

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Sue's smile will be missed by so many people that are used to seeing her at different shoots in the MN, IA, area. Gone so suddenly without a chance to say goodbye. May she rest in peace. Condolences to her family and friends.

Jim W

Suzette Kay Gillard was born on November 27, 1951 in Albert Lea, the daughter of Charles and Elaine (Lau) Gillard.

She grew up in Glenville, graduating from Glenville High School. Sue went to College at Southwest State University where she earned a B.A. Degree, Mankato State University, earning a B.S. Degree. She did her graduate work at the University of Minnesota where she received a Master’s Degree.

Sue was a teacher and a musician. She had recently retired from Glenville Elementary as the Principal.

She was a member of First Lutheran Church of Glenville where she served as the church organist, the Austin Symphony, the Glenville City Council, and the Amateur Trap Shooting Association. Sue volunteered as the church secretary, and for the Greenwood Cemetery.

Her hobbies included trap shooting, photography, traveling, and spending time with her friends and family. She had a great love for her nieces, nephews, great-nieces and great-nephews.

Suzie always looked at the positive side in life, and brought out the best in everyone. She spent many countless hours with her mom. She was a taxi driver, health care provider, dinner guest, and best friend.

She will be greatly missed by all. Blessed be her memory.

Survivors include her mother Elaine Gillard of Glenville, sisters Pam (Steve) Shirk of Bricelyn, Cindy (Greg) Recknor of Hartland; brother, Tom (Doreen) Gillard of Austin; nieces and nephews Andrea (Justin) Hockert, Alison Shirk, Amy (Adam) Ray, Katie (Nick) Wayne, Jess (Ashley) Recknor, Laura (Jason) Maschka, and Dustin Gillard; great-nieces and great-nephews Jackson Hockert, Reese Hockert, Savannah Ray, Amelia Wayne, and Graham Wayne; and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

Sue was preceded in death by her father Charles Gillard and her grandparents.

Suzie had a passion for education. She believed every child should have the opportunity for a great education and she made sure that her nieces and nephews always had books to read. She encouraged them to do what made them happy.

In lieu of flowers, memorials are preferred to the Glenville-Emmons Schools.

Visitation

04:00 PM to 07:00 PM, Thu Sep 13, 2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funeral Service

02:00 PM Fri Sep 14, 2012<BR>

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I did not know Sue very well but what I remember most about her is captured perfectly in Sally's photo, that wonderful smile. My and my family's sympathy to the family.

Mark Zauhar

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear of it Whiz Bang. We shot with Sue at the Cabela's shoot in June and had quite a visit with her before it was our turn.
    Tripod

8. guido

guido Member

I am very sorry to hear of Sue's passing. Sally's photo is perfect, that's the Sue we all knew.

GUIDO

9. bas

bas Member

So very sorry to hear of Sue's passing! I saw her at the MN State Shoot this year in July. My deepest condolences to her family and friends.

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Big C: Wonderful tribute.

I've never been to a MN shoot, but have shot with many MN shooters. I never had the pleasure meeting Sue, but I'd bet we'd gotten along fine being a past teacher and administrator myself.

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.