1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minnesota question about all state team

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ntgr8, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

I know there are a number of Minn ATA shooters on this site so I am asking why Bob and Annie Munson are not on the 2011 state team.

2. handlepuller

handlepuller Well-Known Member

What I heard, I repeat heard, is that they didn't shoot at 4 MN clubs which is a requirement.

3. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

If that's true, it's the same deal as a couple years back with Scott Gens, I believe.

4. Swampjohn

Swampjohn Member

It seems strange to me that one can be an All-American (in Bob's case Captain of the Veteran's team) and then ultimately being completely ignored by your home state's All-State committee. Isn't the intent of an All-State team to recognize the State's best shooters from the previous year? If not, what does it represent? My guess is it just recognizes those that can shoot their birds at a minimum number of clubs in State and ignores out of state birds. However, shouldn't being on the All-American team supersede or even supplant one or two of those requirements? Apparently the rules are rather inflexible and not worth modifying. Too bad.

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You can be an All-American by never shooting in your state.....

Maybe the All State is for those who fully supported the in state clubs...

just a thought....

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Swamper. It is easy to quaoify for MN state target requirements. All states that I knowof have requirements. The Munsons choose to travel.God bless them.

7. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

If it meant anything to them to be on the MN State team you can be sure they would have traveled to the 4 clubs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.