1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minnesota gunowners fight back!

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by kiv-c, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

"Representative Steve Drazkowski (R-21B), along with 17 other co-authors (sixteen Republicans and one Democrat) introduced legislation in the Minnesota House today that would make it illegal for a federal agent to enforce new gun restricting laws passed by the U.S. Congress and President. The bill, known as the Firearms Protection Act, or H.F. 419, is similar to bills introduced in states like Wyoming and Texas.

“Minnesotans have a right to the self-protection that firearms provide, along with a right to use a firearm for hunting and recreational shooting” said Drazkowski.

According to the bill “any new federal law designed to ban or limit any personal firearm, magazine, accessory, or ammunition or to require the registration of any firearm or firearm owner shall be unenforceable”.

“Our citizens have a Constitutionally protected right to bear arms in the 2nd Amendment, and legislators have a duty as described in the 10th Amendment to ensure that our citizens’ liberties are not taken from them by the federal government” added Drazkowski. “I’ve received thousands of e-mails and phone calls from constituents asking me to protect their rights. This bill will do just that.”

The Firearms Protection Bill was introduced at the same time that the DFL controlled House Committee on Public Safety and Crime Prevention Policy held a hearing on bills that limit Minnesotans’ rights to self-defense."

Given that the Democrats are now in the majority in both the house and senate, as well as a democrat governor, this has little to no chance of passing or even getting a hearing.

At least we've drawn a line of sorts in the sand!

Kiv

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Good for you......

3. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

God Bless them maybe more will follow and grow a set?

4. primed

primed Well-Known Member

I would like that Bill much more if they deleted the word "federal". I attended 5 sessions of house committee hearings on gun control legislation this week. I really fear that our greatest threat at this time is on the state level. We had a very large turnout at the hearings, it seemed like 25-30 gun rights supporters to each gun grabber. Like Mayor Koch was quoted in a recent news item of his passing, "I can repeat it for you sir but I can't comprehend it for you". Our side repeated themselves many times in many ways, but I could not judge if some of the committee members were comprehending.

On Wednesday, we had a very nice presentation of 2 Ruger model 1022s. One wood stocked and the other with an evil black stock with a more pronounced pistol grip, adjustable length of pull, a verticle forend grip and a partial barrel shroud making it illegal 4 ways under the proposal. A very well presented argument as the gun model was the same, the fire rate was identical and the leathality was also identical. The cosmetics were the only difference. The problem is that many of the democrats that were alledgedly there for the stated purpose of gathering information, got up and left the hearing as soon as the guns came to the table. A perfect example of hearing only what you want to hear.

Bob

5. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Those DFLers were as much interested in hearing your voices as did anti-gun Md. state senator Jamie Raskin did. He decided to play online chess during Maryland's gun grabbing bill hearing.

[​IMG]

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

The problem with ignoring federal laws, for one, we ended up with the present immigration problems as seen in various states and cities. States/cities chose not to enforce....

7. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Who ever has that picture, should take to all the newspapers and give them a story to print!

Everyone who attended the meeting should also write a letter to the editors and just state "here is our elected official in action at a important meeting playing games instead of listing to us"

A picture, they say, it worth a thousand words!!

8. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Primed hit the nail on the head.The feds can't pass anything so states like NY,Ca,Conn,Mass,Minn and all the other far left strongholds are the problem.The dems in those states aren't afraid of losing their seats.In these states it is going to come down to civil disobedience.I hope the gun owners have the stomach and the sack for it.

Darr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.