1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minnesota ATA events in May

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kooz25, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Hi Shooters!

With all the crazy postings going on with this great state I thought I would remind every body that May is our kick of month for rgesitered shooting now that all the white stuff is gone. Please check the gun club web sites, the MTA web site, and or the ATA web site for individual programs. The listing for events is from the MTA cards mailed to shooters.

May 1- Waseca (M)

May 1 - Buffalo Gun Club

May 2 - St. Cloud

May 6 - Alexandria (M)

May 6 - Waseca (M)

May 8-9 - Buffalo (M)

May 13 - Alexandria (M)

May 13 Waseca (M)

May 15 - Forest Lake (M)

May 15-16 Waseca (M)

May 16 - Owatonna

May 20 - Alexandria (M)

May 20 - Waseca (M)

May 22 - Waseca (M)

May 22-23 - Buffalo (M)

May 22 - 23 Grand Rapids

May 23 -Fairmont

May 27 - Alexandria (M)

May 27 - Waseca (M)

May 29 - Waseca (M)

May 29 - Winona

May 29-30-31 Buffalo

May 29-30-31 Detroit Lakes

May 30 - Walker

Hope to see some old friends and make some new friends at some of these shoots in the great state Minnesota. If I missed some one let me so I can add it to the list

Shoot Straight

Kooz

Keith Koosman

2. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Nice posting Keith. The Grand Rapids Gun Club is under new management and they are really trying to cater to the shooters. I think you will feel a much more welcome feeling than was here before. The club is in excellent condition and we have pat traps and voice releases. Hope to see everyone, old friends & new on May 22 & 23rd. Glenn

3. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Glenn, I hope to make that shoot in Grand Rapids. I have never been there before, but I'm looking forward to it.

Kooz

4. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

I'm looking forward to Buffalo's Stampede, naturally, but also to our planned Memorial Weekend road trip of Detroit Lakes/Walker (MN Youth Chain Shoot too!)/Buffalo. I wonder if I can get frequent flyer miles on my truck?? Can't make the Grand Rapids or Fairmont shoots because of our Youth Shoots and work, dang it.

Thanks for posting this, Koos. Great idea!

5. Primedust

Primedust TS Member

Good Morning,

Thank you to Alexandria shooting park. Alexandria shoot was nice yesterday. A small turn out due to weather, but ok. I shot poor due to eye's and it will take all year to make up my average again, but We had a great time! Was nice to see some friends again after a long cold winter. Winds gusting at 30 mph at shoot time did not effect the targets much, but the light was poor.

Glenn, sorry we cannot attend on the 22nd. We have MN. youth chain shoot at St. Michael (Crow River Sportsmans Club) that day. The 23rd we are working. Sally has a killer schedule right now (for both of us) and she is really litterally burning the candle at both ends. I have not shot at your location yet, but will get it on the list of places to shoot if not this year, Next for sure.

We are literally working on 25 or 30 things at the same time and it is overwhelming at times. Youth shooting has started and that just adds to the mix. We spent Saturday working on some loose ends and although we accomplished allot, it is but a small dent.

Kooz, nice post.

Side note, I received word late Saturday evening, that a gentleman associated with our Late shooter Harold Ibach, has several Shamrock shooting bags won by Harold over the years that they want to donate to the MN. Youth Chain Shoot! What an honor to have this happen for our cause! Harold was a good friend and we will do a special shoot this year for Harold with our youth shooters. Thank you! Thank you the the Harold Ibach family. Thank you to the MN. Shooters whom have faith in our cause. Have a marvelous shooting season, we hope to see all of you at our wonderful MN. shoots this year.

Mark and Sally Stevens
    Primedust/ CalamitySJ

6. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

I mentioned to the couple that now run our club that this post was going on and she said "great" that they are again thinking about Grand Rapids. Also she said they have put a 1/2 page ad in the Minnesota State Shoot Program this year so it looks like trapshooting is alive and hopefully growing again in Grand Rapids. Hope to see lots of shooters on May 22 & 23rd. Glenn McLeod

7. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

That's good news Glenn, I always enjoyed shooting at Grand Rapids many years ago. Back then you had eight traps that worked, great food, and good turnouts. Hope you can recapture the glory, you have a great club facility.

8. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Thanks for all the support and kind words. Our facilities are second to none. Hopefully the weather stays nice in May like it has been in April. Glenn

9. Stubbie

Stubbie TS Member

Hi Glen I wonder if you could let me have info on when Grand Rapids is open
    I will be in the area( Lake winnie fishing I hope with friends) in mid July and may be able to make it over for Competition or practice to get ready for Iowa State shoot and the Grand. I am from Australia have shot at Walker last year.

Many thanks
    Stubbie
    From down under

10. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Grand Rapids Gun Club is located on Peterson Road. 1 mile north of Grand Rapids on Hwy 38 and then left 1 mile on Peterson Road. The club is open Tues and Thurs 3-8 PM and Sunday 11- 4 PM. Glenn

11. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Stubbie, I have a few friends from down under and you are great people, I hope we get a chance to meet on the 22 or 23rd.

Kooz

12. Stubbie

Stubbie TS Member

Thanks Glen for the info hope I can make it over while in the area.

Kooz25 will not be in the states till mid July so will not make 22,23.
    I may know your buddies from down under if they are trap shooters?
    Kindest regards
    Stubbie

13. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Kooz. You are Minnesota's new "official-un-official Web-site" But you knew that... Right?

(a little common man humor)

14. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

What ever I can do to help

Kooz

15. CalamitySJ

CalamitySJ Member

Do you do windows, Kooz? I seriously need my windows cleaned : >

Good luck this weekend with the ALS event. Wish we could be there but we have a lot of new shooters participating in the AIM telephonic shoot at BGC and want to make it a great experience for them.

Calamity

16. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

I would love to see the both of you there, but take care of the kids like I know you can.

Kooz

17. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

I,m going to shoot Saturday at Grand Rapids,. Like you I would like visit a new club every year.

I did post ALS resulst, I will bump it to the top

Kooz

18. Kooz25

Kooz25 TS Member

Thanks Wally

19. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

The Grand Rapids Gun Club is located approx. 1 1/2 mile north of the junction of Hwy 2 and Hwy 38 , go north approx. 1 1/2 miles and then left on Peterson Road, go approx. 1 mile and club is on the north side. Camping facilities will be open Friday afternoon and there is hot showers and bath available 24 hrs per day. Glenn

20. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Grand Rapids Gun Club 218-326-3348

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.