1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minneapolis Gun Club Vintage Gun Shoot Results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

On August 25th, 2012 the Minneapolis Gun Club will host a Vintage Gun Shoot.

It will be open to pre 64 guns. Pumps, Autos, SXS/O/U, Single Barrel Trap, and guns with Cutts Compensators.

We will have 3 venues, Trap, Skeet and 5 Stand. 50 targets per event. Enter as many times you like.

Cost will be $25.00 event, lunch included. Shoot all 3 for $65.00

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.©

Get 'ol Betsy out of the closet, the gun, practice up and have some fun.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view¤t=MGCVintageGunShoot2.jpg" target="_blank"> MGCVintageGunShoot2.jpg </a>

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Hey Jim, Is that the Lit taking aim in that picture?

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hitapair, I think you're right. It kinda looks like what he was wearing at the Iowa State Shoot.

4. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I saw the Lit in Iowa and I must say he has changed since I last saw him out on the town. In the past, he was all decked out in bibs, with buttons of course, high rubber boots with a pair of large shears in his back pocket. At Iowa, he sported high heels, a pink lace blouse and lavender skin tight pants. He looked like a white Prince. Not sure what he was looking for there, but he must have found it because he seemed to disappear after the shooting stopped.

It's amazing what five years living in the Ozarks can do to a "man"

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

Minneapolis Gun Club Vintage Gun Shoot 2012 Results

We had a great turn out with a lot of very nice old gun’s being used for what they were made for. To shoot ‘em. The competition was fierce and the scores were outstanding. Special mention goes to David Goodfriend who traveled from Kentucky to enter the event and Hunter Davis, who made the trek from the Chicago area, shot, and headed back home.
    Thanks to everyone who participated and made for an enjoyable day at MGC. We are already looking forward to next year. And the 2012 winners are;

Trap Event

Class

SxS….Mike Koranda….50…..Parker VH

SBT…Jim Walkowiak….48….Ithaca 5E

Auto….Dave Gunawan….47*….Winchester Model 50

Pump….Tony Lowe……..45….Winchester Model 12

Cutts…..Mark Cameron….44….Winchester Model 12

Skeet Event

Class

Cutts….Steve Boerboon….50….Browning A5

SxS…….Hunter Davis……48….Fox

Pump…..Jim Walkowiak….46….Winchester Model 12

Auto……Leo Switala……..38….Remington Model 58

5 Stand Event

Class

Pump……Mike Koranda….35….Winchester Model 12

Auto…..Steve Boerboon….34….Browning A5

Cutts…..Jake Boerboon…..32…..Winchester Super X1

SxS……Mike Koranda…..27….Parker VH

High Overall

Hunter Davis.....128…LC Smith…Fox…Winchester Model 21

The Cutts Skeet award goes to Steve Boerboon with a 50 straight.

* The only tie score that was shot off was between Dave Gunawan and Leo Switala for Trap in the Auto Class with a score of 47. Dave led off on post 2, Leo on post 4 with 2 shots at each post. Dave missed his 2nd bird out, Leo missed his 5th bird and then missed his 10th bird to give Dave the win.

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Next year I'd like to maybe try too. Since I'm 63 years old, I ought to be able to be classified as "vintage" and shoot my Krieghoff, right???

7. Ithaca$$$Grade

Zardoz, what we might do next year is have an "open geezer" class. That way, old pharts with new guns can enter. But we'll limit Mark to the skeet field. He's shooting high 90's in Handicap at the Heartland now.

And Tom S....a few years ago he stole a cherry Model 12 factory vent rib WS1 Skeet gun from a guys widow and do ya think he'd bring that to the shoot??? Hell no. He did come and critique the event though. Maybe next year he'll fry the fish and pluck the pigeons.

Here is one participant that showed up in "cowboy" dress and was shootin a Winchester Model 97 with black powder.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=MGCVintageGunShoot2012006.jpg" target="_blank"> MGCVintageGunShoot2012006.jpg </a>

Here is Leo and Dave who shot off for Auto Trap with their 47's. Leo with a Remington Model 48 and Dave with a Winchester Model 50.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=MGCVintageGunShoot2012010.jpg" target="_blank"> MGCVintageGunShoot2012010.jpg </a>

Here are 2 Trapshooters, you can tell by the profile, shooting Skeet. David, shooting, a L C Smith choked full and fuller, and Mark with a Winchester Model 12 Cutts gun.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=MGCVintageGunShoot2012008.jpg" target="_blank"> MGCVintageGunShoot2012008.jpg </a>

Here are some of the Model 12 Cutts guns in attendance.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=CuttsGunsatMGC.jpg" target="_blank"> CuttsGunsatMGC.jpg </a>

And here is Mike Koranda who won 3 classes, one in Trap with a 50 straight with his Parker VH, and 2 classes in 5 Stand, one with the Parker and one with a Winchester Model 12.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=MGCVintageGunShoot2012012.jpg" target="_blank"> MGCVintageGunShoot2012012.jpg </a>

It was a great time and we'll for sure do it again next year. "Geezer class" I think that will be a for sure too.

Jimmy Bowen

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Say! when does Jackpot Trap start?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

minneapolis gun club vintage shoot