1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minneapolis Gun Club Valentine Jackpot Results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

This Saturday, February 9th, the Minneapolis Gun Club will host its annual Valentine Jackpot Trapshoot.

The event will consist of 25 16 yard targets and 25 Handicap targets, 25 yard minimum. This will be a Lewis Class cash payout with the number of classes determined by the number of shooters. In addition to the daily cash payout if you shoot a 25 straight you'll win a Heart Shaped box of candy to bring home to your sweetheart.

Also, if you enter the event 3 times or more your name will be put into a drawing to receive this 2013 Edition 1 ct.t.w. Heart Shaped Diamond Pendant. You'll be the talk of the neighborhood if your the lucky winner to bring this home.

<a href="http://beta.photobucket.com/" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

The weather is supposed to be a balmy 34 degrees with light winds and the targets will be set so you can hit 'em.

Shooting starts a 10:00 AM and goes until 4:00 PM. Enter early and often.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Can I just pay three times from Florida and get my name put in the drawing? That pendant has a real charm to it. I heard the first one they gave out actually had some mystical powers that made women do strange things. Well, at least that is the rumor I heard.

3. mlcameron

mlcameron Member

Hey Pride,
    Just forward the entry fees to me and I'll let you know if you win. :=)

4. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Dam it Jimmy, that Pendant is pretty. But with my luck,I would win it

Have a good one

Boyko

5. Ithaca$$$Grade

Yeah, this is a nice one. It really sparkles in the light.

Also, in addition to the daily cash payouts and the beautiful Heart Shaped Diamond Pendant we'll be offering $100.00 to anyone who shoots a 50 straight. Ties will divide on that one.

Forecast still look good, 34 degrees and sunshine.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

6. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Jerry and I shot ahead for this shoot. We both ran the 16s and had 23 at handicap. Just let us know that the chocolates are in the mail. We will shoot our other two rounds today while it's still in the 70's here in Tucson. Don't want to have to shoot when it cools down to the 50's this Saturday :)

7. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Sheese Hot Lips, I did not know you could actually shoot scores from out of town. It's going to be in the 80's the rest of the week here at the Silver Dollar, I'll shoot mine and send them in for Saturday. Must say though, if you are trying to win why not shoot all 25's? It's easy to do, you just get your close personal friends together and shoot when no one else is around. Seems like you can shoot way better that way.

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

All right you winter runaways......call the scores in, but, you had better do it before the blue bag comes out. I'll put Scotty Steffen in charge of the phone calls, that way I won't get blamed for "fixin" the outcome. Ya right.

Beautiful weather, best set targets in the state, $100.00 dollar bills floating around, chocolate for your sweetheart and a Diamond Pendant to boot. This is better than the Dollar or Tuscon.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

9. dward

dward Member

As an added BONUS for the day..........we don't know for sure if old Jimmy Bowen is going to be wearing these or giving them away to some lucky shooter!!!

10. Rays

Rays TS Member

Jim,I don't know if it is better than the Dollar or Tucson,but definately a lot closer! Ray S

11. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Dan, although several Bill Clinton kind of girls would know for sure, I have heard that Jim's thong can be much smaller, due to size considerations of course.

12. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ahh, you guys are good. I go out of town for a day and what do I come back to....thongs!!! And, a signature thong of all things. Good one Dan.

What a great turnout!! Lots of shooters going after the Heart Shaped Chocolates and the chance to win the Heart Shaped Diamond Pendant. 7 Lewis Classes paid out today...into the 30's we go.

1st Class Scott Messenger 48.....Terry Peterson 48

2nd Class Dennis Kecker 45....Big Dan Ward 45

3rd Class Lenny Lindquist 43....Terry Peterson 43

4th Class Curt Peterson 42....Gerald Mollenhauer 42

5th Class Ed Dietz 40....Troy "Smoooth" Smith 40

6th Class Bruce "Lucky" Lomker 38....Dianna Mollenhauer 38

7th Class Dave Trushenski 37....Lucky Lomker Again 37

Ties = Handicap from the back, Handicap from the front and 16's from the back.

The 25's were hard to come by today, as hard as we tried. A few of the shooters rose to the challenge. Dennis Kecker, Sandy Jack, Scott Steffen and Scott Messenger won the candy. Random drawing...Mark Cameron, Curt Peterson, Doug Dingman, Lucky Lomker, Big Dan Ward and Ray Steffenson.

The winner of the Heart Shaped Diamond Pendant was Gerald Mollenhauer. His wife will be getting a beautiful Valentine present.

Thanks to everyone who shot today and congratulations to the Lewis Class winners and everyone who brought home a gift to their sweetheart.

Please remember Ron Noren, our ATA Delegate, who had a severe stroke on Wednesday, in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully he'll be back on the line soon.

Jimmy Bowen

13. Ithaca$$$Grade

Here are some of the Heart Shaped chocolate winners. Scott Messenger, Sandy Jack, Lucky Lomker and Scott Steffen.

[​IMG]

Gerald Mollenhauer was the winner of the Heart Shapped Diamond Pendant.

[​IMG]

Hope to see you next week.

Jimmy Bowen

14. Ithaca$$$Grade

Zard, Sandy is a very nice lady and a fierce competitor. She usually picks post one to start and she can't wait to get out to the line at start shooting. She's a good squad hustler and gets her squad mates rounded up and ready to go. And, yeah, she brightens the place up a bit too.

Jimmy Bowen

15. Stingray

Stingray Member

Wanted to say thanks to the Minneapolis Gun Club and menbers for the Heart Shapped Pendent. My wife loves it. Thank You

16. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Leave it to Tommie to "Notice" certain shooters. :)

'Course, I have to admit...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.