1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minneapolis Gun Club St Patricks Jackpot Results

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Mar 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

The Minneapolis Gun Club will host their annual St. Patrick's Day Jackpot Trapshoot this Saturday, March 16th.

We will have randomly placed Irish Green White Flyer targets in the carousels and if you hit one you will get one of our world famous grilled to order Gun Club Burgers. One per person please.

This will be in addition to our daily Lewis Class payouts and the $100.00 bonus for a 50 straight shot in one event.

Shooting starts at 10:00 AM and we'll shoot until 4:00 PM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Rumor has it Jimmy will be painting Bowen I green to match the color of the day. Or, it could be red to match the color on Jimmy's face when he turns in his score.

3. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Wow Jimmy Bowen... No love for you yet again. That shocks me considering how famous you are for setting very SOFT, garbage can lid targets that any Swede can break... My lord... getting yards there is almost as easy as throwing the ball for yards against the Purple...

I would, in order to be nice to you, volunteer to bring some bright green Rust O Leum to do your Bowen up nice... Will even adjust the comb and rib with my ball peen hammer and crow bar... Lastly... If you miss one of those green flying saucer size green targets, I may even buy you one of those delicious burgers.

LWL

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

LWL, it ain't easy being me. Some of these guys, the envious ones, just like to pick,pick pick.

Thank you for the target setting compliment. With the amount of green targets that will be thrown on Saturday everybody should go home with a full stomach. And if the Prez was there I'd hang one from the pattern board so he'd get fed too. They're talking "his" kind of conditions. No wind, full sunshine and soft targets.....he'd do just fine.

If you're out and about, stop by, bust some clays, and enjoy one of the Gun Club Burgers.

Shootin starts at 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

5. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

Jimmy,

with the little or no pay you get, I bet it is hard being just you.

any ol dog that gets picked on as much as you, would just run away....

have fun...

birddog

6. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Birddog...

Jimmy isn't going anywhere... Putting out soft targets is one of his loves. The other is working the classification table. I can just hear him now... Sorry sir, know what a shotgun is??? You have lots of "known ability". You will be shooting AAAA in singles today, and can I introduce you to this new special 30 yd line??? Cement is still a little soft.... Are you playing any options today??? Hmmmmm...... Can almost see his little Wookie looking grin as he cranks the screws down on you....

Jimmy Bowen... Would love to get there... Havent looked at a target since August... would be a nice simple donation to you and the boys down there. That wouldnt be the worst to donate to I guess.... I may actually be doing a little scouting for land to turkey hunt on... First open weekend in months... I will think long and hard about your suggestion tho... Miss seeing you guys other than once a year at the State shoot...

Give my best to the crew down there... BTW... My son still rates your burgers as best on the planet....

LWL

7. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Lew, you hit it right. Being Jimmy would be very difficult. I mean if trying to compete with an antique weapon isn't enough you also have to consider he's partly blind in his three eyes, the right and left as well as the one in the center, he's playing with an IQ less then his handicap average, he has Bill Clintons taste when it comes to girl friends and he's Polish on top of it.

Despite these handicaps, he does do a damn fine job as President of Mpls Gun Club. Must have a strong woman behind him.

8. dward

dward Member

It's soooo nice to see the LWL/Jimmy BBBowen (he now owns three) lovefest rekindled!! If you ever see the two of them at the classification table, you'd think they had eye twitch disorders as much as they wink at eachother!!! And then if you ever see them start "body bumping" those MGC handicap belt buckles they both stole, you'd think it was............well I can't even go there!!!

Between Mr. BBBowens FFFlinch and the loop tee doos LWL makes with his gun when it won't go off, it's amazing they keep their scores up as meagerly high as they do????..........must have something to do with that winking disorder they both have!!! I'm just hoping that they both heed my old friend Tom Slettas sage advice......"there's two types of shooters, those that shoot with a release and those that eventually will"!!!

But there is no doubt that we are lucky to have Mr. BBBowen running our Gun Club, and I do consider old LWL a good friend........but good thing there is a one burger limit........as if old LWL does make our shoot, the burgers are GOOD enough that I don't think there's enough beef in MN to fill him up!

Big Dan

9. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Hat's off to the king of the round table. Flinch or not.

10. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Wait a minute guys, they take their hats off and the shine will be too bright for their squad mates to see the targets.

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hit one of these...............

[​IMG]

And get one of these..............

[​IMG]

And then drink one of the Prez's favorites......

[​IMG]

Butt, you don't have to dress like him and his Flordia "buddy" to enjoy the day........

[​IMG]

It'll be a blast...Hope to see you there. I just hope the wind ain't a blowin.

Jimmy O'Bowen

12. JACK

Puuuleeease keep your hats on... The "comb-overs" are often phony. Adn we really do not want to know all that personal stuff

13. abbielew

abbielew TS Member

matching skirts, well, my oh me..... green targets do funny thing to ya.

birddog.

14. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ahh, you guy's are too kind.........sometimes. MGC is a great club due to the members and guests that keep it going. I just sign the checks. :>) And flip the coins.

So, here we go.....sunshine, light winds, targets you can hit, some green ones thrown in and the best damn Gun Club Burger around.

Shooting starts at 10:00 AM.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy O'Bowen

15. Ithaca$$$Grade

The 2013 St Patrick's Jackpot is in the books. A cool day with a MGC "breeze" from the NW made the targets challenging.....except for Bobby Munson Jr. Yup, thats right Old Bobby showed 'em what he's made of today. Even put Dennis into 2nd place. Nice shooting Mark. Thanks to everyone who shot today.

1st Class Mark O'Hintz 45......Dennis O'Kecker 44

2nd Class Jeff O'Hoppes 41.....Scott O'Steffen 41

3rd Class Jack O'Swanson 39....Gerald O'Mollenhauer 39

4th Class Scott O'Steffen 36....John O'Podergois 36

Ties = Handicap from the back. And here is how "competitive" it was today. 2 scores of 36...Handicap from the back....John Podergois 0....Scott O'Steffen.....drum roll.....1! You had to be there to appreciate the table dance Scott did celebrating his win.

4 weeks left to get your 20 entries in to be included in the $1000.00 added money payout and the Championship Trophy Knives. Hope to see you next Saturday.

Jimmy O'Bowen

16. JACK

I bet Johnny P is thinking he should have stuck around to supervise the infamous Whack-O-Whack coin toss. The losers always leave early.

17. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

What happened to Jimmy O'Bowen and his green Bowen?? I don't see his name in lights.

18. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ahh, the only lights Jimmy O'Bowen saw was when he put the 'ol girl into a guardrail Saturday morning. Roads were pure ice in spots. Oh well, I was fortunate enough to show up and use Bowen I and Bowen III. Don't get much better than that.

I almost forgot...no I did forget....to list the Burger Winners of the day. And there were a bunch.

John Podergois, Reney Langlois, Dean Campbell, Terry Peterson, Jack Swanson, Mark Cameron, David Maples, Scott Steffen, Mark Hintz, Dennis Kecker, Gerald Mollenhauer, Jimmy Bowen, Ken Norman, Curt Peterson, Dianna Mollenhauer, Virginia Hines and Bob Lalor. These are the shooters that didn't lift their head when those bright green bullets came shootin out. :>)

Happy St Pats day everyone.

Jimmy O'Bowen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.