1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minneapolis Gun Club Jackpot Warm-up RESULTS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Ohhhhhhh Yaaaaaaaaaaa, its that time!!!

With all that registered shooting that you've been doing, I should say registered "practice", its time for the real thing. JACKPOT SHOOTING!!!

We're gonna have a "warm-up" this Saturday, starting at 10:00 AM. Rules/pricing/program will be the same as last year, I'll get it posted on the website. And, this one WILL count toward the minimum entry for the $1000.00 payout at the end of the season. And if things go right, we'll do the $100.00 bonus for a 50 straight this Saturday.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.©

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. mlcameron

mlcameron Member

Sounds like fun Jim, targets and money!

Mark

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

There's been some talk about shootin some "Annies" after the pot shoot cools down. I'd be willing to score-keep. Either that or we could fly in one of the Chicago guys to keep it on the up and up. NO hot loads tho... club has restrictions.

4. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

"If things go right, we'll do the $100 bonus for a 50 straight"? Come on Jimmy, just reach into that deep pocket of yours, take out that XXXL billfold, painfully take out one of the many crisp $100 bills, put it on the table and see if anyone can take it from ya!! Let's have a little fun!!!

See ya Saturday!!

Jeff

5. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Mark,

Are these registered shoots? Will my 16 gauge work OK? I have some #2 shot from my pa's dresser...will they kill pigeons OK?

Can we pet the pigeons before we shoot them?

6. Ithaca$$$Grade

OK Jeff, done deal. The $100.00 for a 50 straight will be on the table. Ties divide.

The weather is looking to be about perfect, we'll be ready to start at 10:00.

Denny, get your a$$ up here. This is where the money is. Maltzie will hang around down in Iowa so your chances of winning something is pretty good. You know you have the Handsome Man contest sewn up.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

7. smooothnova

smooothnova Member

"ANNIES" My dad and i will be there, what time do they start. hope to see you saturday, SMOOOTH

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

Smoooth, the Jackpot starts at 10:00 AM, 1:30 PM for those that want to see the scores posted and try to figure out the Lewis classes. :>)

We'll get the Annie's going when there is a break in the action. Looking forward to seeing you and Pop.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

9. Ithaca$$$Grade

A great day for the Jackpot Warm-up!!!

Weather was good,targets were good, and a great bunch of friends to spend the day with. That $100.00 bill taped to the table probably helped too.

1st Class.....Jimmy Bowen 50. Yeah, thats right 50....John Bacon 48

2nd Class.....John Podergois 46......Bob Smith 46

3rd Class....Dan Ward 44.....Jeff "I like straight-aways" Hoppes 44

4th Class.....Pat Blake 42....Len Lindquist 42

Ties= Handicap from the front then Singles from the front

Thanks to everyone who shot today.

Our regular Jackpot season will begin October 1st.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

10. dward

dward Member

It isn't often that I take my hat off to Mr. Bowen........well actually never.........but I watched him shoot his handicap and he crushed all 25 from the fence!! Rumor has it that he and Mr. Hoppes had locked the singles trap for straight aways(allowing them both to run the singles)......which is what prompted me to sit and watch them shoot their handicap targets. And Mr. Bowen did put on quite a demonstration!!

As he started lead-off on post 1, there was a long pause before he started shooting his last station 5 (looked like he had to go to the bathroom the way he was wiggling around) but he eventually put the gun up (the Bowen)and took care of business.

Nice shooting Jimbo!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG (I watched it) Dan

11. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

Jimmy,

My hat is off to you!!!! This will be one of the few times that I'll play nice, but taking you're gun out of the car, walking straight to the trap line and running 25 in the singles, then immediately 25 from the 27 was pretty impressive. My only question, When you left the club for those 45 min., did you actually go try to sell a car or did you go shoot some practice somewhere??

I had a great time as always at the MPLS Gun Club!!

Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.