1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minneapolis Gun Club Jackpot Trapshoot Sept. 5th

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Aug 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

Minneapolis Gun Club will be holding a Jackpot Trapshoot on Saturday September 5th.

25 singles and 25 Handicap......enter as many times as you wish.

Start time will be 10:00 AM and will go until 4:00 PM.

We're going to have some added money and payout will be based on Lewis Class.

C'mon out and enjoy the day!!

Jimmy Bowen

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

How about some chow?

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ya Ya........there will be food!!! The best gun club food you'll find.

The grill will be open but I'm a thinkin we might fire up the charcoal grill and maybe do some brats & kraut.

We'll make it a Picnic Jackpot Shoot.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

4. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Jimmy,
    Please let everyone know that this will be a telephonic shoot. If you are shooting at a little no-name place called Stockdale's, you can phone in your scores that you shoot there. Right? I thought so. Be expecting a lot of phone calls (some with heavy breathing) that day!
    C E Demulling

5. ebsurveyor

ebsurveyor Member

Hey Jimmy my first class plane tickets did not get here yet. What's up with that?

6. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ahhhh....money, gambling and heavy breathing.

CE, that all sounds good.....but telephoning scores in from a satellite grand....from someone who just won all kinds of trophy's at the Grand American......I don't know about that. Talk to me some more.....maybe.

And EB, I offer you a place to stay, shuttle to and from the Club, cook your steak for you.......and now you want FIRST CLASS plane tickets. Just so you can be here to win all kinds of money????

Just think, you could be just like the guy standing there with all that money.......well maybe nobody could be just like HIM. But, you get the point.

C'mon out on Sept. 5th and bust some clays....and go home with some cash.

[​IMG]

7. Ithaca$$$Grade

The weather is supposed to be beautiful!!!!!

Bring lots of shells.....bust lots of clays......bring home lots of cash.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

8. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

How come the guy holding the money has only one dollar bills? He'll never win enough to buy a decent trap gun at that rate!

9. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

I'm not sure, but the rumor on the street is that he earned them on the Chippendale's circuit... At least that's what his "Manager" Jimmy "The Classifier" Bowen said... I guess that means he already must have a "decent gun"...

LWL

10. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ahhh, LWL, thats a good one. It's going to take me a 1/2 hour to explain to him what the Chippendale Circuit is. I'm not even going to bring up the "decent gun" thing.

And, Prez, there's hundred dollar bills hidden in between those 1's. And why would Bobby Munson Jr. go and buy a new gun when he can win all that money with his blunderbuss.

The shoot starts at 10:00....sharp. We'll be cooking up some brats and kraut compliments of the Club. Everybody is welcome.

C'mon out and end Summer with a bang.

Jimmy Bowen

11. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I shot doubles with this money grabber once. His faithful Browning failed to fire so many times he ended with a score in the 20's even though he only missed four targets! When the round was over, he said something must be wrong with the gun! No s__t! A new gun is only the beginning of what Bobby Jr. needs.

The good news is if this duffer can win big money at this club, think of what an average shooter could do? Maybe I'll have to skip one day here at the Heartland Grand and drive up for the day. Maybe I'll bring Hotlips and Sweet Cheeks with me in the Prevost. Or maybe I'll just send the Big Dog down from Dulute, Mn. I'm sure once he gets there the rest of the shooters won't have a chance.

Mark Zauhar, reporting from sunny Ackely, Iowa.

12. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jimmy Bowen.... You are alive and kicking. After some thought, I am guessing that Mark is actually too old school to show off that sort of talent. I actually called him to confirm where the cash came from... He informed me that he was something of a "Happiness Consultant/Manager" for you and the Sasquatch footed DWard... He went on to state that was both of your earnings for the year. He said the only customers he could drum up was at a couple of retirement homes. Evidently, those old women didn't think you two were worth much. He added that the only "repeat" customers you two knuckleheads had were residents on the "alzheimers wing"...

Is it really true that most of them would much rather play Canasta than take either of you two out for a spin????

LWL

13. Ithaca$$$Grade

Hey LWL, yeah, I'm alive and kicking. I'm ready to make some noise on Saturday. It's supposed to be 80 degrees and lots of sunshine and I can't wait. That flipping coin is ready to see some daylight. We've been getting the traps ready and spray painting some really bright orange on the targets.

And me, Bobby Munson Jr. and DWard are hoping you make the trek south to join us. DWard is telling us about your "deep pockets" and we could use some of it. Just think, no classification table, its your kind of shoot.

Heck, you make the trip and I'll throw one of those big burgers on the grill for you.

Prez, load that Prevost up with all those All Americans......you guys can telephone your scores back to Iowa. :>)

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

14. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Actually, LWL, Jimmy has quite a harem of let's say "women" that find him attractive. Now you have to look in the right places to find them. Rumor has it he finds them on "babesarefat.com". It seems many of Bill Clintons old girls go there after they have gotten old and real heavy. Our Jimmy believes more is better and way to much is the greatest.

Mark Zauhar, official Jimmy Bowen Babe Watcher.

15. Ithaca$$$Grade

Awwww, I don't know how many Babes will be there. I know one that won't travel this far.....Hot Lips is in Iowa chasing points.......but I can promise you this......outstanding weather, best set targets in the State, the friendliest atmosphere, and great grub. We will fire up the grill and have brats & chips with all the fixin's.

Oh, and cash!!! We'll have some added money that will make it more attractive.

So, c'mon out.....enjoy the day....bust some clays.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

16. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Dear Dr. Jimmy Bowen...

Added money you say... Garbage can lid targets.... Worlds best burger... Man I'd love to get there, even with you skewing the classification table... I just wish I wasn't committed for the weekend...

Even with your cheap shots with the term "sand" in them.... Good luck... I did make some adjustments to your BBgun last time I was in town. Hope they helped your average...

How did that Mr. Z get to know you so well....

LWL

17. Ithaca$$$Grade

LWL, this is just the start. We'll have lots more Jackpot shoots. Try and get a kitchen pass for a later one.

Have a good weekend, enjoy this great weather we're having.

What ever you did to the BBgun worked. I've JB Welded everything in place and its working good.

Jimmy Bowen

18. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Everything on the BB gun working? How would he know. He only shoots it for singles when the weather is perfect. It does look real nice on his wall though. Of course if he put a fine German craftsmanship gun on the wall his BB gun wouldn't look so good anymore.

19. Ithaca$$$Grade

We had a great turnout and the weather was beautiful.

1st Class.......John Podergois 49.......2nd Tom Sletta 49

2nd Class.......Pat Blake 47......2nd Bob Wiltse 47

3rd Class.......Whats Hisname 45.......Tim Karls 45

4th Class.......Jack Swanson 42.........Hebrew Hammer 42

Thanks to everyone who shot. Our regular Jackpot will start Oct. 3rd. On Saturday September 19th we will be hosting National Trapshooting Day.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

20. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I did not shoot so good as Pod and Slet... but I"ll take the dough. Who says trapshooting does not pay? Huh?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.