1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minneapolis Gun Club Jackpot Finale Sat. April 23

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

This Saturday, April 23rd the MGC will be hosting our $1000.00 added Jackpot Finale.

There will be 2 Lewis class payouts. The daily one and the added money one for those who qualified throughout the season.

The weather is looking fantastic for the shoot, 55 and sunny. We'll give you the best set targets in the state, prompt starting time, "professional" scorers and a delightful atmosphere.

Shooting starts at 10:00 AM and will go until 4:00 PM.

Enter as many times as you want......bring buckets of bullets.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.©

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Is there a minimum number of times you have to shoot? On Saturday that is...

Little Bobby Munson says you gotta shoot 3 times.

How many guys have qualified? Is the 1000 pot pro-rated and multiplied by the number of time a shooter entered events during the winter?

If you need to shuffle these big questions to Bobby, just let us know.

What's for lunch?

3. Ithaca$$$Grade

Jack, let me try and answer those questions.......Bobby Munson Jr. will probably scold me for doing it though.

No minimum....enter once....enter as many times as you want. But, you know as well as I do, and Troy Smith, with the Lewis class, the more scores you turn the better chance of winning.....more than once.

I think about 25 shooters qualified. I don't have the list in front of me right now. It is not pro-rated. So those who shot 20 times will have as good a chance as those, like me, with 60 times.

Lunch??.....Hot bone-in ham sandwiches??? That sounds good on a snowy day like today.

Jimmy Bowen

4. C E Demulling

C E Demulling Member

Will there be a Lewis class for shooters with tan lines?

5. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

1. Is this a registered shoot?

2. Will Hottie Demulling sneak off with me for a couple hours if I come up? (Can someone keep Jerry busy?)

3. Is the Mpls club within the city of Mpls?

4. What is the prize for "Handsome Man" contest? (If good enough, I'd drive up)

6. Ithaca$$$Grade

Yeah C E, we can offer a separate Lewis class for shooters with tan lines....but ya gots to show 'em, not just talk about 'em. Oh, and you're not the only one to inquire about that "select" class. Zauhar says he'll show more than you do. So there.

And Lit, thats your prize....you get to judge the tan lines contest. Don't worry about Jerry. We've written enough clues for the "Find the flat of Federal Papers" contest that will take him into Sunday.

Start time.......10:00 AM

Seeeee ya soon.

Jimmy Bowen

7. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

Hey Jimmy,

Looks like you're going to have a wonderful day of trapshooting Saturday at the Mpls Gun Club. Weather and turnout wise!! It kills me that I'm not going to be able to attend, but I'll be making Wood Duck Houses with the Boy Scouts and the MN Water Fowl Association at Del-Tone. That's right big guy, Wood Duck Houses!!!

I realize the Mpls Gun Club is ahead of the curve on some things, but Professional Score Keepers? Is that something new in MN or a new requirement of all clubs?? It's a great idea, but do they work on Tuesdays??

I'll be thinking of you guys and good luck to everyone!!!

Jeff

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

Jeff, it looks like it might be a cloudy start but it will be do-able.

Sorry you wont be able to make it. I looked at Del Tone's schedule and you are a busy boy. A couple of nice organizations to be helping though, and the wood ducks will appreciate it.

See you soon.

Jimmy Bowen

9. JACK

Big day at "bed-rock"...

Lotta clubs run quality Jackpot programs, but the Minneapolis Gun Club version is "A #1"

Thanks James, And to the hard working crew headed by Wade and Mike.

10. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ohhhhh Yeah........

Lots of shooters will be going home with some nice cash prizes today......Shooting starts at 10:00 AM.......The free hot bone-in ham sandwiches with the Wisconie cheese and chips will be served around 11:30 AM.

The tan line contest will be at 2:00 PM. Special prize for that one.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.©

See you soon.

Jimmy Bowen

11. The Literalist

So...who did what to whom?

12. Ithaca$$$Grade

Oh Denny, you shoulda been here!!! It was about as exciting a shoot as you can get. EVERYBODY turned up the wick today. The scores were a little low coming in at first but then everybody got used to the conditions, cloudy, cold, with some wind mixed in. 46's were high for a while, then there were a bunch of 48's, Jerry Demulling comes in with a 49, and then, after shooting a 40, the Prez comes in with a 50!!! Congratulations Mark....very nice shooting!!!

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=JackpotFinale2011003.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Two pay-outs today, the daily one then the $1000.00 added money.

Daily

1st Class.....Mark Zauhar 50.........Jerry Demulling 49

2nd Class....Jim Walden 46.......Reney Langlois 46

3rd Class.....Lenny Lindquist 45.....Curt Peterson 45

4th Class.....John Bacon 43.....Jack Swanson 43

5th Class.....Troy Smith 42.....Jack Swanson 42

6th Class.....Bruce Lomker 40.....Bruce Lomker 40

Ties = Handicap from the back then 16's from the back

$1000.00 Added Jackpot

1st Class.....Jerry Demulling 49......Jimmy Bowen 48

2nd Class.....Bob Smith 45......Charlie Leavitt 45

3rd Class.....Cheryl Demulling 44.....Jim Walden 44

4th Class.....Dennis Kecker 41.....Dean Rutten 41

Ties = 16's from the front then Handicap from the front

The Tan-line Contest was interesting as well. There were more entry's than expected and the judging was left up to.......me. And the winner is.......Hot Lips Demulling!!!! Not to take anything away from Cheryl, but it was between her and a bunch of dirty old men. Nice job Cheryl.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=JackpotFinale2011006.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Thanks to everyone who shot today and everybody who supported our Jackpot shoots this season. A great bunch of shooters that made a long winter easier to take.

Have a great summer, practice up for the Jackpot's that will get going again in October.

Jimmy Bowen

13. Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range

Del-Tone/Luth Gun Range Member

Way to go Jimmy!!! You and the Minneapolis Gun Club are 1st Class all the way!!

Jeff

14. The Literalist

That had to be a fun day.

But a 50??? Oh, where will the Gay Prez possibly find a hat big enough after THAT?

(Good shootin', Mark and Jerry :) )

15. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy is correct. I shot a whopping 40 just before I shot the 50. I've been shooting all spring like I was using a Jimmy Bowen special for my shotgun. While at the SW Grand, my daughter Kelsey videod me and pointed out what I was doing wrong. I have been trying to correct the problem and hope the 50 is a sign of things to come. She was able to spot my problem immediately and the video made it obvious to me. Nice to have somebody capable of recognizing the shooting problem right in the family.

I do want to protest the tan line decision though. Jimmy looked at all of our tan lines and then examined "Hot Lips" alone, upstairs. We aren't sure what went on but the decision was made solely by Jimmy and after the "upstairs tour". Of course, had the Lit been present, he could have judged and I'm sure "Hot Lips" would not have been named the winner. Knowing the Lit's sexual preferences, my guess is "Big Dan" would have been named winner in absentia.

16. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ha, you wished you had the Jimmy Bowen Special with you all winter. Then you'd already be at the top of your game rather than trying to dig yourself out that sink hole your in.

And that 50, where the hell did that come from??? Somethings up here and I don't know what it is.....yet. You miss 3 targets out of 900 in last summers league. You go to Fla. and you miss twice that many in the 1st 100 target singles event you enter. What is up with that???

Maybe that Kraut Stick you torch off don't like that balmy Fla. weather??? Next year, man up, stick around the Nort country, and shoot some Jackpot. Thats where the money is anyway.

And its best that Hot Lips got to take the bunny cake with her. We all pretty much know what you'd do to that poor thing on the way home.

It's good to have you back Mark. :>)

Jimmy Bowen

17. dward

dward Member

Sorry I missed the shoot.....I ended up having to go over to Lake Michigan to water test a boat I'm buying and setting up for salmon fishing. Sounds like things went great at the shoot, and it's good to hear old Jimmy Bowen stepped things up. Hell if I'd known old Pride was coming I would have tried to re-schedule!..good shooting on the 50 Prez!!!

I'll be working on my tan lines for next years Jackpot shoot off.......

18. JACK

Boy... All you kissin and tan lines guys make me want to go NW corridor to shoot.

19. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy Jimmy, if your gun is so great, why didn't you set the record for league singles last year? Like I said to you on Saturday, the word I heard was one would rather have a daughter in a whore house then a son who shoots one of your firesticks!!

Big Dan, nice to see you still read this site on occasion. You'll have to come down to the club Tuesday nights, maybe you could even join our team. Heaven knows we could use you. Heck, Jimmy is shooting second chair on the team and we need something better then that!! Maybe you could even bring "The Mouth From The South" with you, that is if you could get him out of the Ozarks long enough.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.