1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minneapolis Gun Club Jack Pot tomorrow

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JACK, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

10 AM to 4 pm. Great lunch, terrific club, and great targets... We'll be there. Come join us. Weather cooperating. Have hand warmers at the desk. But lite winds, and pre-cracked White-Flyers. Get close and they break. 25 16 yard targets and 25 targets from the 25 yard line or your ATA yardage, whichever is greater. All-Stars, the Demullings, Zauhar and some wannabees... Shoot what you brung. Krieghoff allowed. Perazzi preferred. BTs abound and I'll have a 1100 fo ryou to play with. Then shooot a round of skeet to "cool down"...

I'll be there.

Jack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My fave patterning board. come early and I iwll show yo how to use it for POI on your gun.

[​IMG]

2. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Krieghoff allowed. Perazzi preferred. BTs abound and I'll have a 1100 fo ryou to play with.

What about CG's?

3. JACK

We have not seen any of those as yet. We do have a Blaser fellow that shoots skeet....Glad you saw the humor tweak

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

We do have one CG shooter in the house. So far so good. But he has been known to drag a Silver Seitz along.....and win some $$$.

Its a beee-u-tiful day......hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

5. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

That is one nice-looking club house.

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

MIA, anything for a bud :)

7. jmas

jmas TS Member

Those do not look like recent pictures of the club

8. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Oh, they are recent, as of yesterday, I'm sure. You see, the gun club sits under this unique weather inversion that keeps it 70 degrees year around. Jimmy Bowen, the guy smart enough to own two Bowen shotguns, can explain how it happened.

9. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I forgot to add that while Jimmy is explaining the weather mystery, ask him to explain why he shoots a Beretta, instead of the Bowens, in the winter!

10. Ithaca$$$Grade

Oh ya.......registered on the club house wall.

11. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

I was there yesterday and can witness that the weather was 70 degrees and sun shining. At least Jimmy said it was. Speaking of our misguided friend, he was his usual shooting machine self again. He had a couple of blazing 45's and a 44. I would guess he managed to coin flip himself to some kind of a win though. It's tough to beat a Pollack with an unpronouncible name on his home field with the flipping coin in his pocket. Many times it has been asked to see and examine this coin but no one but Jimmy has ever held it. Anyone rich enough to own two custom engraved Bowens has the where for all to have some how manipulated the coin to drop his way, don't you think?

12. JACK

Those picnic benches on the lef to the club house look like a 53 caddy.

13. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ah, Pride, you can attest to the 70 degree temperature and the sun shinning........because you didn't go out of the clubhouse!!!

The rest of us were out there pulling the trigger and having fun. Even Harland, at 80 something, was standing at the 27 yd line smiling the whole time.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view┬Ąt=Harland.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Next Saturday, December 19th, we'll be doing our Shooter Appreciation Free Lunch. Huge, tasty, hot, bone-in ham sandwiches. All you gotta do is show up. No entry necessary. We'll even throw some Wisconsin cheese on it.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays. Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

14. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

The club house was nice for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.