1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minneapolis Gun Club Handicap Championship 2010

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ithaca$$$Grade, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithaca$$$Grade

Ithaca$$$Grade Active Member

The 7th Annual Minneapolis Gun Club Handicap Championship will be held this coming weekend, June 18,19 & 20.

Friday will be Singles, Handicap & Doubles.

Saturday will be Singles and 200 Championship Handicap targets.

Sunday will be Singles, Handicap & Doubles.

Saturday evening we will be serving a roast pig dinner compliments of Neil Winston.

More details to follow.....see the above website for a program.

Hope to see you there.

Jim W

2. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Minneapolis GC is the home of the pattern board I use. Here is my latest POI shots with th erecent MX2000 acquistion. My best shot is the upper right. I have the rib set for highest on this test. It is not a high shooting gun. But the comb does the rest.

mia_2008_030334.jpg

As Neil will tell you, I pull most of my shots left with a release trigger. I am gun shy.

Thanks alot fo rthe pig fest Neil. They are always great coing off the big cooker.

3. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

This is a great shoot. The club is in perfect shape, the machines are well tuned and set correctly, and the food is great. Jimmy Bowen will be there with both of his prized Bowens in the case and of course his Beretta combo to shoot the doubles and sub for the Bowens if it rains, or there is a cloud somewhere in the sky over the southern half of Minnesota, or if the temperature drops below 75 degrees, or if one of the prized guns suffers a mechanical break down.
    MIA will be there with his flinch, Sletta will be there too, but don't count on him shooting if the wind exceeds 1 MPH. Dennis Kecker, the best part time ATA shooter in Minnesota, will be there. Sweet Cheeks and Hot Lips will be there as well. Lenny the tooth fairy will be there, but he won't shoot unless Sletta does. The Litterest, well he won't show. He's down in Missouri flashing his full set of teeth to the locals. The poor guy, in Minnesota he claimed to be our best shot and most handsome man. Well, after he proved to be a has been at shooting and a joke as the most handsome man in Minnesota, he moved to Missouri where maybe he has a chance at "most handsome trap scorer at Linn Creek".

Make sure this shoot is on your schedule.

4. Ithaca$$$Grade

I don't know if I've ever seen anyone pick on so many people in one paragraph. All the slinging you do and you I don't see your name on the Championship Plaque. Go figure.

All those names and you forgot the Best of the Best. Sandman LWL!!! All of us are hoping he'll show up and show us how its done....

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=LWL.jpg" target="_blank"> LWL.jpg </a>

We have some very nice buckles for class winners throughout the weekend and of course the custom Handicap Championship buckle for the winner of the 200 bird Handicap Event.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=LorenLarsonBuckle.jpg" target="_blank"> LorenLarsonBuckle.jpg </a>

And that great roast pig dinner Saturday afternoon.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=MGCHC3.jpg" target="_blank"> MGCHC3.jpg </a>

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Mark, or any MN guys...

Is ole "Wooden Shoes" still shooting? Haven't heard his name for a while.

Ole VonAlphabet used to come down to our club in the past.

Whiz in RCSD ;-)

6. Ithaca$$$Grade

Whiz, go to the above website and scroll down a little and you'll see his pretty picture and his bio.

Congratulations to him and Mark Z. C'mon out for our State Shoot HoF banquet....it should be a good one.

Jimmy Bowen

7. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy, who is that grump standing next to the grill. He looks like he was related to the pig that was sacrificed. And another thing, if I showed up, you would have no chance. Look what happened in the league high gun. You aren't even close. Now maybe if you had a real trap gun, one of fine German craftsmanship, you too could shoot well.

Good luck with the shoot.

8. Ithaca$$$Grade

Here are a couple of the buckles from Jim White that are going to be offered as prizes on Friday and Sunday. We'll have Shamrock Leathers belt buckles for Saturday. They are all really nice buckles.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=ShootBuckles005.jpg" target="_blank"> ShootBuckles005.jpg </a>

The weather is looking good, the White Flyer targets will be the best set in the state, the free pig dinner will be scrumptious and the Handicap Championship is up for grabs.

So, c'mon out, enjoy the all the day's, and bust some clays.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

9. LWLarson

LWLarson Member

Jimmy Bowen... You are a funny man. You have no idea how much I would like to get down there for this shoot. Sad thing is, I don't think I have shot a handicap target since Sunday of the 2009 State shoot. Could be downright embarassing... Would still be a good time, and likely a good meal to boot.

You guys tear it up if I don't get there.

LWL

10. JACK

Goat boy, you are all hat. You know that?

11. Ithaca$$$Grade

LWL, I'm OK with you being embarassed.......c'mon out and SHOOT! How are you going to be the first one to repeat and get your name on the plaque twice if you don't shoot???

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view&current=MGCChampionshipPlaque002.jpg" target="_blank"> MGCChampionshipPlaque002.jpg </a>

The weather is going to be perfect for posting a big score this weekend and the singles will be a good warm-up for the Handicap.

See you there.

Jimmy Bowen

12. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Jimmy, are you paying appearance fees? I heard the "mouth from the south" AKA The Litterest, might show if you take care of his expenses. I hear he needs female companioship and a soft bed. The llama place on 185th could supply both rather cheaply I would think.

13. Ithaca$$$Grade

I don't know about all the critters but I did promise him a room in the Prevost Hilton. That would be YOUR coach.

Today was about as good as weather as we've had for many weekends and its supposed to continue.

Singles winners today.....AA Dennis Kecker/Glen Linden....carryover....A Scott Steffen....B Tom Maden.....C Jim Walden.....D Glen Davis

Handicap 19-21 Ray Kirchoff...22-24 Charlie Leavitt...25-27 Jimmy "I don't shoot no Kreigoff" Bowen

Doubles AA Glen Linden....A Stan Durda...B Tom Monzel....C Bob Wiltse....D no entry.

Program starts Saturday at 9:30 AM. 100 Singles then 200 Championship Handicap.

Roast pig should be done by 4:30. Compliments of Neil Winston. Thanks Neil.

C'mon out, enjoy the day and bust some clays.

Hope to see you there.

Jimmy Bowen

14. JACK

James. Great day for sure. And congrats on your yardage buckle. the club was as well run as I have ever seen it. Nice goin to all those that put in the effort.

15. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

Nice shooting Jimmy. Did the Lit show? The Prevost Hilton is safely parked here in Elysburg, Pa. Would have been a long commute for him.

16. Ithaca$$$Grade

Jack, thanks for the nice comments. We do our best to make sure everybody has a good time.

Mark, no Lit yet. I'm not so sure they'd let him out of Iowa. It would be nice to have him show up though. Long commute??? How far did he go to empty your refrigerator of beer that time? Shoot 'em up in Elysburg...great place to shoot.

Jimmy Bowen

17. JACK

Pride. Jimmy Bowen is kickin ass and takin names. The first one I heard out of his gilded Bowen lips... Sounded like Zonar or Hower or something like that.

18. Ithaca$$$Grade

A great day to be shooting at MGC.

Dennis was the only one out of the 5 past winners present that had a chance to repeat today. LWL was stuck in the kitchen.

Dennis posted a 92 in the 1st 100, 95 in the second 100 and Troy Haverly followed with the same scores. The shoot off was on field 4 in front of the clubhouse with Troy coming out the victor. This is the second time Dennis has had to shoot off for the title. He won the trophy 2 years ago.

I'll post the winning scores and pictures tomorrow night.

Thanks to everyone who attended and again to Neil for the outstanding roast pork dinner.

Start time Sunday is 9:30 with 100 singles, 100 handicap and 50 pair of doubles.

Hope to see you there.

Jim W

19. Ithaca$$$Grade

Another beautiful day of shooting at MGC. Today was the best weather yet.

Here's a picture of the 2010 MGC Handicap Championship winner Troy Haverly.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v662/jimw-mn/?action=view┬Ąt=HSShootandMGCHandicapChampionship01.jpg" target="_blank"> HSShootandMGCHandicapChampionship01.jpg </a>

The 10 Trophy winners of the 200 Handicap targets are

Troy Haverly........187....2010 MGC Handicap Champion

Dennis Kecker.......187....2008 MGC Handicap Champion

Jerry Demulling.....183....2007 MGC Handicap Champion

Jeff Lembke.........182

Lucas Peterson......181

Ron Noreen..........181....2009 MGC Handicap Champion

Jacob Hanson........180

Barry Gregerson.....180

Roger Lorenzen......180

Tom Petty...........179

Sunday's results

100 Singles

AA....Mark Hintz 100/coin flip....Bob Wynnemer 100...Jimmy Bowen 100/F....Dennis Kecker 100/F.....Glen Linden 100/F

A John Bacon 100

B Charlie Leavitt 95

C Don Wilness 93

D Don Lowden 93

Handicap

25-27 Glen Linden....98

22-24 Bob Wynnemer...96

19-21 Craig Raines...89

Doubles

AA Guy Hessler...99

A Tim Mackey....99......Shoot-off over Nick Kubasch

B Bob Wynnemer..94

C Scott Larson...93

D Will Gideon........78

Thanks to everyone who participated in this years MGC Handicap Championship Shoot. It was great to see everyone there. Have a great summer and we'll see you at the 100th MN State Trapshoot.

Jim W

20. JACK

YOur friend Sletta was working the classifying chair. He was too busy moving people up one class over their average. Still, If you think about it, if everyone is in a higher class, you still have the asme chance as you would if you were ensconced lower.

Saturday's targets were tough. that Haverly and Kecker tied with 92-95s was testament to their ability. Congrats to both.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.