1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Minneapolis Area Trapshooters?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by micahboom, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. micahboom

micahboom TS Member

Hey guys,
    I've been shooting trap since I was about 11-12 years old in my hometown and now I'm going to school at the U and living here for the summer. So the problem is... I need a new trapshooting home! I know there are clubs around but found out that its kinda difficult to find the smaller clubs if they exist. So if you could give me some information, you're lookin at a new member of your club for the summer.

Thanks,
    Micah

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

The above URL is pretty handy Micah. Looks like there's quite a few choices around Minneapolis.....Bob Dodd

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Micah. I too offer my knowledge of the area clubs. I belong to 4 clubs locally, The Minneaplois Gun Club at Lakeville, Buffalo gun Club in Buffalo, mn, So.St Paul in same, and the 3M club in Cottage Grove.

Jack Swanson. 800-344-4840 days

4. arend003

arend003 Member

As for some clubs a little farther out there is the Chisago Gun Club although we only shoot there Tuesdays in teh summer. Also Osceola Rod and Gun Club just over in Wisconsin shoots year round Winter league just started last Sunday and Forest Lake is also a very nice place to shoot at. If you are ever on the St Paul Campus look me up.
    Tom

5. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Jack: Where's the St Paul club? I'm up there occasionally.

Whiz

6. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Hey Whiz, crunch on the above page for your info.....Bob Dodd

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Jim. The St Paul Club is one of the easiest to get to in tthe Metro. In fact it is essentially in the Metro area. The southern seciton of the outerbelt is 494 and right where it crosses the Mississippi River is an exit for Concord Street. 4 blocks south of 494 and turn left at the sign, cross two sets of tracks and you are at a 4 trap 3 skeet, really nice SC course. Nicely kept clubhouse tha teven has it's own banquet room, a bar and the locals holding up the corners. Precisely at the SE corner of the metro area of the Twin Cities. If you were at the airport (which is on 494 right by Mall of America), you would go East on 494 for about 10 miles and exit Concord and go south to the club sign. Neat place. I like it although I am just getting me feet wet there. I will be giving a lesson there at noon today and then my Buddy Golani and I will turn some targets to dust. The St Paul GC is a "Hidden Gem"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.