1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

MINI STAR CLAY TARGETS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shotgunpeople, Jan 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

I recently purchased some MINI STAR clay targets for my collection. MINI STAR embossed on the tops of these.

I cannot seem to find out anything about the manufacturer of these from anyone who I would consider "In the know". Kenny Ray Estes has done quite a search on these and came up with nothing. KR suggested to me that perhaps someone on here may know, as this is always a good place to find information from many people.

They are approximatly the same size as the old MO-SKEET-O targets from the 40's but have a whole different step up on the top half.

Would anyone happen to know who the manufacturer would have been, and / or when these may have been in production ?

Thanks for any information, Dave in SC

2. shotgunpeople

Follow up...

Just got a note from Kenny Ray...That guy never gives up !!!

He found information about these. I sent him a Mini-Star and he returned the favor by sending me a whole raft of things, and articles yesterday about all sorts of traps ETC...This fellow Kenny Ray is one amazing Trap Shooting historian, and a great friend.

Below is his note !!!

Bingo! Found something.

Company out of CT. June 1987 issue of Field & Stream.

Pretty interesting. Now find us a Hand Trap & Sparrow Target to go along with my Mini-Star.

KR

Double M Shooting Sports, Inc. (Dept. FS, P.O. Box 443, Guilford, Conn. 06437

Double M's hand-held, spring powered Serena Mini-Star trap is only 12 inches long when cocked and can be aimed like a gun to launch little 60mm Sparrow targets 55 yards and 70mm Mini-Star targets 50 yards. The Mini-Star trap is $49.95, Sparrow targets $25.00 per case of 400, and Mini-Star targets $15.00 per case of 220.

Taken from the June 1987 issue of Field and Stream.

Many thanks to Kenny Ray for finding this information.

3. shotgunpeople

The plot thickens. Kenny Ray somehow found the importer for these, and contacted the man yesterday. The man was on his way back from the SHOT SHOW and told KR he would be in touch with him soon about these..Apparently these little targets and thowers didn't have much of a reception in the States. Will continue as I get information from KR.

Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.