1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Mini-clinic for kids

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapwife, Apr 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Leo Harrison will be at Linn Creek on Friday, April 24 to offer a half day session especially for youth shooters. The class will concentrate on singles only, but will include gun fit, eye focus, foot stance, holds, etc. Cost is $50 plus targets (paid to the club) and bring your own shells (two boxes) Email or call our cell 573-795-6992 to reserve a spot.

2. atraphead

atraphead Member

Do you know if Leo is shooting the Great Lakes Grand in Mason Mich.? I was wondering if he would entertain the thought of a kids type clinic up here then? Thanks Larry

3. trapwife

Leo has a one day regular clinic scheduled for Tuesday before the Great Lakes Grand. Other classes follow immediately after the shoot the next week, just not enough days in the week. A good idea for next year.....

4. atraphead

atraphead Member

I have 2 boys 10 & 13 , I would like to set something up like that. With a youth type clinic how much time does he spend on each child. Thanks Larry

5. trapwife

A typical one day starts at 9 a.m. and usually ends about 4 p.m. with an hour break for lunch. This youth clinic is something new, we are using a half day with each group. Leo keeps his classes small, 5-10 shooters. That way no one sits out more than they are on the line. Everyone shoots over one trap so he is constantly standing behind someone. You can email me at above address if you want more details. Thanks for asking....

6. Phil Kiner

Phil Kiner Well-Known Member

Traphead- The real question is: is the value of the clinic worth the price?

The answer is YES if your kids pay attention. I expect half the grown ups there (myself included) would pay 50 regardless of the size of the group for 1/2 day with Leo.

7. atraphead

atraphead Member

Phil you got that right, Trapwife I'll be at Mason Mi and will catch up to you there .

8. trapwife

Phil, thanks for the kind words. Economic times being what they are, we felt it would be a good day to give the parents a break and have fun with the kids.

9. trapwife

On Sunday, April 26, at Linn Creek, Leo will offer a full day class for kids covering handicap and doubles. Cost is $125 plus targets and shells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.