1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

" Military Voting " ? ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fraz, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

I find it hard to believe that in over 100 years our Senate & Congress can't
    create a process voting ballots to and back in time to be counted for an election.

I don't like conspiracy theory's but not getting the ballots to our people in the service of our country every election, doesn't pass the smell test.

Sure the sending is controlled by the State's. However but our military has the full listing of where each of our military people are. It's either politics or our elected doesn't care.

Thanks for letting me vent, but it's just not right. It would seem that a few Senator's, Congressmen, VA, American Legion could force to correct this issue.
    Fraz

2. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

Its what you get when its ALL about PARTY and getting re-elected! NO where in that scheme of things is the word "America"!

3. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

The service member must request an absentee ballot personally. During the request process a mailing address is provided by the service member.

It is the military member's responsibility as a citizen to do this, not the government's. The military i.e. DOD cannot divulge personal info on service members.

Commands appoint a Voting Assistance Officer to assist service members through the process and to encourage participation.

What the local election officials do with the properly submitted/returned absentee ballots is a mystery however.

Guy Babin

USN Ret.

4. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Isn't this political? At minimum Off-Topic?

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

It is well worthy puttining in this section StlFlyn

Gary Bryant Dr.longshot US Army

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

The latest twist: The dems are claiming that service men are in that 47% that Romney mentioned in the private speech.

Anything to twist words.

7. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Mr. Babin, Commands have not appointed voting assistance officers, no funding, on the news this afternoon. HMB

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I would almost guarrantee that half of these military absentee ballets will disappear , scanned of course .

9. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

In this day and age getting this done is so simple a task, it sure ain't rocket
    science. These boys & girls should get ther ballots even before we do, they sure
    could figure out how have early voting and no ID.

I can remember when there was short a test or you could show your high school
    diploma.
    Good hevens this is 2012, this is really a joke on america. Truthfully
    I'm embarrased that we are even having to have this discussion.
    Fraz

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Frank, he means there is a proper section for this post. This was not it.

I know rules don't apply to many of us, but, he is correct.

11. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

hmb,

The news is wrong.

Voting Assistant Officers are a collateral duty for a service member. There may be some small commands that don't have one, but the larger ones do.

I know because I was one myself. Follow the link for the truth. All the services have comparable programs.

http://www.cnic.navy.mil/CNIC_HQ_Site/WhatWeDo/FleetandFamilyReadiness/FleetReadiness/SpecialInterestPrograms/NavyVotingAssistanceProgram/CNICP_A159864

Guy B.

12. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Guy B,

The link you posted states the document is no longer in the system. I will stay with the report by Fox News, they seem to be very accurate in these matters. HMB

13. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

No hmb you are still misinformed as is your FNN.

The TS.com URL field is too small for the complete link that's why I provided the entire path in the text.

Copy it, paste it and learn.

14. rivercityjeff

rivercityjeff Member

The overseas military absentee votes are not counted if they total less than the margin of victory in a presidential election.

This does not negate the ability of service members to directly vote absentee for their home of record to have they vote really count. I do.

In the last election, it was estimated the 75% of the military did not vote for Obama. I suspect that number to grow. In his current term, the POTUS has started a massive reduction in force and elevated gay rights above others, is damaging the military.

We are not the 47 percenters and if he is re-elected, don’t blame the military.

15. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

GB,

Let's call the office today and see who answers the phone. HMB

16. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

As a Command Senior Chief it was one of my jobs to inform all hands the way to vote absentee in their states. We had forms to hand out and assistance if needed. Some one has dropped the ball. Alot of things have changed in the military and its not for the good. Dave Bishop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.