1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Military Retirees?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by SF SGM, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SF SGM

SF SGM Member

Well, DOD got their way for some of us military retirees. Received a letter earlier this week stating that effective 01 Oct. 13, I will no longer be eligible for Trip Care Prime. I must enroll in Tri Care Standard or Extra. Did anyone else get this nice "Thank You" from good old Uncle Sugar?

For those who are not familiar with TriCare, it is health insurance for military personnel. With Prime, retirees pay a premium, use a Dr. aprroved, etc. The standard requires no premium but out pocket costs are a lot more. For example, with Prime, you only pay a $12.00 copay for an office visit. With standard, you must pay 20% of allowable charges. Everyone knows that when you visit the Dr. He bills by codes and there are always numerous codes. So, now instead of a flat fee, we are stuck with 20% of numerous charges. So much for the free medical care promised to us for 20 years of service.
    I contacted my Florida senators and my congressman but have no replies. SHOCK! Guess it is time to become illegal and get everything free..

Van

2. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Some background at the link....

http://www.standard.net/stories/2012/11/15/171000-retirees-likely-lose-tricare-prime-option

This has been in the works since 2007.

We haven't gotten a letter yet Van.

Guy Babin

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Have heard about it, Haven't gotten a letter yet. Not looking foreward to it as I have some cardio issues that require scheduled Dr visits.

Jim

4. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

No letter here yet either, this is NOT good news...LarryB

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Got the letter, initally cast aside as it does not affect those who live within certian distance of MTF. We are in the safe zone. Does not make sense, those of us living close still keep our Tri Care Prime. Those who need it most, outside the limit, get the shaft. I too am sending letters! Jake

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.