1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Military Metal Ranking.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Hydra, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

I know that the Medal Of Honor is the top metal in the military. What is the next metal below that metal and so on?

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Are ya talking about real metal, or maybe a medal?

3. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

I'll venture a guess it's the Silver Star. I'd have to check a current order of precedence table to be sure.

Jim

4. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://www.gruntsmilitary.com/armyribs.php

5. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

http://www.tioh.hqda.pentagon.mil/Awards/Ribbons/OrderofPrecedence.htm According to this it's the Distinguised Service Cross.

Jim

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Try this wbe site, http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armymedals/l/blarmedal.htm Jake

7. Hydra

Hydra TS Member

Thanks for the info. I had a friend who was in Nam and was awarded the Silver Star. I just wondered where it ranked in the army medals. I asked him what he did to be awared the medal and he said that he did not want to talk about it. I left it at that. About 18 months or so went by and he said you asked me about what I did for the Silver Star and never asked me again, why? I said that you did not want to talk about it and that was that. I looked at that as a private thing. He then said thanks for not asking a second time. He passed away 2 years ago from cancer. All I will say that there was a letter from his commanding officer on a board about his life. In the letter the officer was asking for him to be awarded a higher ranking medal and explaining what he did. All I will say is he saved lives while in the bush while under fire.

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

There is a wall in Washington, Cemetery in Arlington, fields in Europe,jungles in the Pacific, and Oceans around the world, that contain many who's exploits went unknown and unrewarded, but hopefully, never forgotten....

9. soup

soup Member

MOST of the "HEROS" of the war / wars are buried in very neat , straight , rows -some familes chose their own plots . The point is they couldn't be more heroic-they gave their lives for our freedom -you can't give more than that .
    They are all colors -religions-and nationalities . All the same great AMERICANS that gave their tomorrows for ours !
    SOUP

10. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Land of the Free....Because of The Brave.

11. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

12. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Silver Star is the third highest award for valor. Bronze Star is the forth. However, it can be awarded for service's performed other than valor. In combat the bronze star when awarded, has a combat "V" on it, for valor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.